AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-02, 17:41   Link #101
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Oddly enough I liked the openings, although technically they're not that good. However they're nothing compared to New Future and Smile - by far my favorites - and the rest isn't bad either (eventhough Myself drove me nuts for hearing it so often since I watched a ton of episodes per sitting).
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 02:22   Link #102
Colleen

I've only seen the anime version, and I love it! I'm all for Takuto and Mitsuki. I like the way it ended, I still cry whenever I watch it! It leaves me with questions, and I'm a bit sad for Meroko, but I am glad for Takuto and Mitsuki. I want to buy the manga now, even though I won't be able to read it...
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 03:01   Link #103
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen
I've only seen the anime version, and I love it! I'm all for Takuto and Mitsuki. I like the way it ended, I still cry whenever I watch it! It leaves me with questions, and I'm a bit sad for Meroko, but I am glad for Takuto and Mitsuki. I want to buy the manga now, even though I won't be able to read it...
The manga is scanlated, forgotten which site did it, but if you look in the manga section in the sticky that tells you where to get unlicensed manga there's a site that lists all available maga. They have it on there.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 08:17   Link #104
pandabearnay
Huh? Wha?? Nani??!!

This show was so awsome. All the songs were great. I could not stop watching this. It took me like 3 days to finish it. I thought the ending to this was perfect I almost cried my eyes out. But does anyone else think Takuto is to old for Mitsuki?
pandabearnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 17:59   Link #105
Draneor
Aesop's Fox

I really hope the manga and the anime get licensed real soon. I don't think there is any manga that want to get published in English more than this one. However, I don't expect that it will due to its nature.

Draneor
Draneor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 20:07   Link #106
Elfir

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabearnay
This show was so awsome. All the songs were great. I could not stop watching this. It took me like 3 days to finish it. I thought the ending to this was perfect I almost cried my eyes out. But does anyone else think Takuto is to old for Mitsuki?
Takuto became a shinigami when he was 14 I think. The dead don't age, so he's still 14 at the end of the series when Mitsuki is 13. Physically they're close in age. Mentally it's very confused due to shinigami time and memory outage.
Elfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 22:31   Link #107
Draneor
Aesop's Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfir
Takuto became a shinigami when he was 14 I think. The dead don't age, so he's still 14 at the end of the series when Mitsuki is 13. Physically they're close in age. Mentally it's very confused due to shinigami time and memory outage.
And in the manga he was 17 and she was 16.

Draneor
Draneor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 22:47   Link #108
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Look at Izumi... he died when he was 5 or something but he looked ~15 in the manga. I say Shinigami do age.

In any case, in the manga, Takuto did not really die, he was in a coma on earth the whole time so I think he did age... In this sense Takuto would be a bit too old for Mitsuki, but look at him! 10 years and he did not look one year older... so I guess it does not really matter.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 05:58   Link #109
Hopeful Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
Look at Izumi... he died when he was 5 or something but he looked ~15 in the manga. I say Shinigami do age.
If they do age, it'd have to be REALLLLLY slowly anyway. Look at Meroko. She should be Fuzuki's age....

I'd say that Izumi was just given a mature body so he could do his job better. It'd be troublesome for a 5 year old to go around killing people you know.
Hopeful Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 06:48   Link #110
DrewGSR

I just finished watching the series and all i can is wow, this show is awsome my previous drama that finished was KGNE so i was looking for something similar or within that area and some people recommended full moon wo sagashite. man this show is just great and had really good soundtrack to it too, one of the really good OST that is a must have. some parts were really sad and depressing, esspecially the final 10 episodes which were the ones i just finshde watching earlier made me all glassy eyed.

myself & ternal snow were great songs but damn they really did over play it lol. It really sucks if you watch multiple episodes in one sitting lol. I mean they would play the songs right before the episode was finish then boom 30 secs the same damn song would be playing because it was the ending song. I seriously have eternal snow and myself like burned into my brain, i dunno if its a bad or good thing lol.

I was really skeptical of this anime at first i was like WTF it about some girl who transforms and wants to become a singer. I was like please that sounds so retarded and i dont need to watch it. But i was looking at top 100 animes @ AnimeNFO.com one day and to my suprise i saw full moon wo sagashite ranked #3. I started asking some friends about it and i several recommendations from friends and members, so i checked it out and glad I did. Any ways for all you haven't watched it yet i really reccommend it.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 17:52   Link #111
jimmy_1

Is the Full Moon wo Sagashite special a must have?? I can't find a torrent for it anywhere.. someone who knows where to fint FMwS special/s torrent?
jimmy_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 17:54   Link #112
DrewGSR

umm its avilable on fansub @ animesuki. click on Series tab and scroll down to Full Moon wo Sagashite all 52 episodes are subbed by a.f.k.

FMwS
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 00:24   Link #113
Kayoubi
Togame's Sword

just to reinforce any opinions,

I love Full Moon wo Sagashite!!!!!!!!!
Kayoubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 16:04   Link #114
jimmy_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGSR
umm its avilable on fansub @ animesuki. click on Series tab and scroll down to Full Moon wo Sagashite all 52 episodes are subbed by a.f.k.

FMwS
Can't see the special there, did you misunderstood and thought i meant the FMwS serie?
jimmy_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 13:04   Link #115
Omniscient

I just blitzed through the manga last night and loved it. Is it worth watching the anime (since I'm reading that it's a kinda different ending)?
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 13:12   Link #116
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
I just blitzed through the manga last night and loved it. Is it worth watching the anime (since I'm reading that it's a kinda different ending)?
Where did you get the manga? I'm trying to download it from Hongfire but i've been stuck at about 66% for the last week. Anyway, I really enjoyed the anime, I hear the manga is a bit better cause it goes more into depth with the characters but the anime is very entertaining and very moving especially the last 13 episodes.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 14:01   Link #117
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:

The anime is ok compared but the Manga is WAY better
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 14:04   Link #118
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
For whatever it's worth, I like the anime ending much better.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 17:56   Link #119
Omniscient

Well, I'll start the anime tonight and try it out. I'm going into it not expecting much and hoping to be surprised by the series...
Streetor, check your PM.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 18:21   Link #120
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I love the series although I cannot completely ignore the obvious plot holes everywhere.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, musical