AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2018-06-10, 19:07   Link #1761
GDB

Tax deform means nothing if the dollar loses all/most of its value.
Old 2018-06-10, 22:29   Link #1762
Blueknight78

wow i'm really starting to believe which trump really diservers a "nobel prize" because he is forcelly trying to make the world work together... against him !!!!, at this point i can see in a future no so far usa become a second NK, totally isolated from the world with trump trump shouting "putin first!!!!!, all hail putin!!.

And the liberty statue being replaced by a statue of putin and USA being renamed to putin land.

Really the more time this guy remains in power more damage he does to USA not only inside but outside, USA already become a mess country with a lot of "inside wars" with SJW x Nazis and things like that and become a country of bigotrys and others bad things due to a insane greedy and idiot slave of putin.

Well going back to grab more popcorn and watch the apocalypse trump keep devastating USA because some "rep morons" are too greedy to do anything to stop all the madness.
Old 2018-06-11, 00:42   Link #1763
Ayato_kanzaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Wouldn't bet on that. The reps against Trump are either dying out or resigning and the ones who dislike him and don't use him for their campaigns lose against Teaparty Reps who do use Trump for their campaigns so they lose their seats too. The Reps love power, they would rather cut their dicks off than lose even one day of being in power no matter the costs. Getting the tax reform through and destroying Obamacare, etc is all they care about and got.
It is exactly because they love power that those spineless cowards in congress will do whatever it takes to convince Trump that stopping trade is a terrible idea. It would mean millions of people jobless as logistical chains are disrupted all over the country, and it would be impossible to pin this mess on democrats. So they'll keep talking and alking to Trump until he change his mind, or if it comes down to it, threaten to impeach him.

Trump may think he can do whatever he want, but he also know that his position as president is his only shield against the Mueller investigation. Therre no way he's risk impeachment. He will just keep ranting a lot on twitter, maybe put a few token tarriffs to prove he's fighting back, but do nothing radical.
Old 2018-06-11, 01:04   Link #1764
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayato_kanzaki View Post
Trump may think he can do whatever he want, but he also know that his position as president is his only shield against the Mueller investigation. Therre no way he's risk impeachment. He will just keep ranting a lot on twitter, maybe put a few token tarriffs to prove he's fighting back, but do nothing radical.
You are in the denial phase, we have already been here with the paris accord, the iran deal, DACA, net neutrality, gun control, obamacare, etc. It is easy to know what trump will do next, just ask yourself "what is most awful option he can choose and voila, that is the one you will see next on the headlines".
Old 2018-06-11, 01:44   Link #1765
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Will it hurt Big Business? If the answer is "yes" than Congress will fight Trump on it.
Old 2018-06-11, 02:44   Link #1766
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
You are in the denial phase, we have already been here with the paris accord, the iran deal, DACA, net neutrality, gun control, obamacare, etc. It is easy to know what trump will do next, just ask yourself "what is most awful option he can choose and voila, that is the one you will see next on the headlines".
Funny thing is that a quote from season 7 in Game of Thrones describes well what we should be doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petyr Baelish
Sometimes when I try to understand a person's motives, I play a little game. I assume the worst. What's the worst reason they could possibly have for saying what they say and doing what they do? Then I ask myself, "How well does that reason explain what they say and what they do?"
We are at the time when we can all assume that the worst reasons behind Trump's actions can actually exist somewhere, somehow. Right now, all he wants to do is to screw everything up in favor of the people who fill his pockets with cash instead of doing what he swore to do as POTUS.
Old 2018-06-11, 09:19   Link #1767
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Did someone find why Trump and his good went balistic against Justin Trudeau? Is that jealousy over a younger, better looking leader or they are already preparing a excuse for failing the US NK summit?
Old 2018-06-11, 09:58   Link #1768
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Did someone find why Trump and his good went balistic against Justin Trudeau? Is that jealousy over a younger, better looking leader or they are already preparing a excuse for failing the US NK summit?
It's more about Drumpf caring too much about looking like a strong leader ahead of the Summit. He's just pissed that others, especially Trudeau, outsmarted him big time and made him look like a bitch. Too much about appearances, no substance.

In hockey terms, Drumpf got bodychecked hard in open ice by Trudeau. What often happens in those cases is that the victim goes mad over nothing since it's very much legal.
Old 2018-06-11, 14:08   Link #1769
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
Funny thing is that a quote from season 7 in Game of Thrones describes well what we should be doing.

We are at the time when we can all assume that the worst reasons behind Trump's actions can actually exist somewhere, somehow. Right now, all he wants to do is to screw everything up in favor of the people who fill his pockets with cash instead of doing what he swore to do as POTUS.
Well, in that vein, what do you think of this analysis?
Old 2018-06-11, 14:13   Link #1770
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
In hockey terms, Drumpf got bodychecked hard in open ice by Trudeau. What often happens in those cases is that the victim goes mad over nothing since it's very much legal.
I think it is more of a pathetic attempt at divide and conquer "bad Trudeau, now everybody else in the G7 kick him o the nuts as a sign of your support for the USA". No doubt if they allowed Russia to rejoin then trump and putin would go one by one against all members for "misbehaving". Because in trump's (aka bully in chief) worldview, to be an ally is not to be an equal, rather an stooge he can kick around to look cool.

So tomorrow either Trump will declare "peace in our time" or repeat the tantrum he did at the g7 (leave early, shame Kim on tweeter, redirect attention to something else).
Old 2018-06-11, 14:51   Link #1771
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Will it hurt Big Business? If the answer is "yes" than Congress will fight Trump on it.
Congressional Republicans have shown a lack of spine on many issues, but the most surprising one is tariffs, which they all basically oppose. Trump's actions depend on a particular clause in the trade acts concerning the "national security" exemption. Congress could easily bring an end to a lot of this nonsense by removing that provision from the law. Bob Corker introduced an even weaker proposal, one to require that Congress approve tariffs under that provision, but Senate Majority Leader McConnell said last week he will not bring such legislation to the floor. His principal argument was that Trump would not sign such a bill, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the requisite majorities in both Houses to overturn such a veto. McConnell doesn't want to take any action that might dissuade Trump supporters from voting Republican in November.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...an-exercise-in
Old 2018-06-11, 15:13   Link #1772
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, in that vein, what do you think of this analysis?
That would explain many thing, even his love for despotes (what conman wouldn't want to have that kind of power) but couldn't explain everything; his personal greed and his hypersensible ego probably play a big part into his behavior as well.
Old 2018-06-11, 18:17   Link #1773
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Congressional Republicans have shown a lack of spine on many issues
The things is that since I can remember (the reagan era?) the conservative politicians have had this "follow the leader" herd mentality and every year it has gotten worse. So let's suppose that somehow congressional leaders found the backbone they sorely lack, who is going to set the agenda? Paul Ryan is on his way out, so no one is going to follow the agenda of someone who is going to disappear by next year. Mitch McConnel? The only thing he knows how to do is obstruct an agenda, he would look like a dog chasing his tail if he tried to set course. This is only aggravated by the repub base that also has a herd mentality (where are the #nevertrumpERS? I follow one in twitter and he is kissing trumps ass big time) so if anyone in the house said trump should be impeached, that will be the end of his political career and I see no conservative trying to take McConnel's place.
Old 2018-06-11, 21:32   Link #1774
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

In theory, Congress is suppose to represent their constituents. So if there is something the President does that effects their voting base directly, it is within their job descrption to block it via legislation.
Old 2018-06-12, 17:04   Link #1775
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

So, the big NK-USA summit ended with Trump promising to stop the scheduled war games without getting any concessions whatsoever? Seems to me his "art of the deal" is selling nothing burgers like "the best ever, believe me" and people seem to be buying. Had obama made exactly the same there would be already an impeachment procedure in the senate floor and I am not a fan of obama either.

As things stand, I would not be surprised if the USA removed unilaterally all ground forces, destroyed military bases in SK and then NK marched unopposed over the south like the nazis did over the Rhine.
Old 2018-06-12, 18:09   Link #1776
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
As things stand, I would not be surprised if the USA removed unilaterally all ground forces, destroyed military bases in SK and then NK marched unopposed over the south like the nazis did over the Rhine.
I would be surprised if any US troups stationed oversea would be repatriated home, save for thoses involved with operation against ISIS.
Old 2018-06-13, 04:18   Link #1777
dragon1412

I'd wait and see for this one, Trump might be able to actually archieve somethings here. I'm not talking about the complete denuclearization, but for now, the fact that Kim willing to sit and talk was a major progress, we'd need to a few months to see how they uphold the deal before any judgement is made
Old 2018-06-13, 07:32   Link #1778
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

NK has always been willing to sit and talk when they wanted a break from sanctions and this time it is no different. The only change is that instead of father we got the son this time. Every single time we found out that NK only pretended to follow the agreements and this time will be no different.
Old 2018-06-13, 10:57   Link #1779
Kakurin
大佐

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Brought to you by the White House.
Old 2018-06-13, 13:45   Link #1780
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I was half expecting this summit to end up being an assassination attempt (by either side or both sides).