Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-06-23, 18:37   Link #121
kari-no-sugata II

Spoiler for chapter 490:
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-14, 09:03   Link #122
kari-no-sugata II

Well, the series has finally reached chapter 500. Some interesting reveals/developments.

Spoiler:
Old 2018-07-17, 18:58   Link #123
GodTurtleOm

Chapter 501's title: "True Prologue - First Part"

It looks like we're finally getting the isekai cliche starting point (death, meeting with god(s), and reincarnation). I'm looking forward to where the story might go after this bit and any sidestories.

Spoiler for Urushi and other stuff:
GodTurtleOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 20:16   Link #124
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Just binged all the translated WN chapters, and now I feel this massive hole in my soul.... I need more cute battlejunkie Fran!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-19, 17:31   Link #125
kari-no-sugata II

Heh, yep. 500+ chapters and still need MORE!!

Battlejunkie Fran doesn't get old and neither does "doting parent" Shisho. I'm not at least surprised he wanted Fran to experience school of some kind. But I'm not sure if she's cut out for normal education. She'd probably hate the phrase "the pen is mightier than the sword".
Old 2018-08-19, 21:19   Link #126
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post

Battlejunkie Fran doesn't get old and neither does "doting parent" Shisho. I'm not at least surprised he wanted Fran to experience school of some kind. But I'm not sure if she's cut out for normal education. She'd probably hate the phrase "the pen is mightier than the sword".
If you give her enough food incentive she might sit still long enough to be taught in a classroom I guess.

Also, I'm wondering if anybody has gotten their hands on the Drama CD, hoping to see a sub translation of it.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2018-08-20, 09:16   Link #127
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
If you give her enough food incentive she might sit still long enough to be taught in a classroom I guess.
Yep, she is motivated by battle... and also by food. But if she finds pure learning to be totally boring and always needs to be bribed with food to take part then that's pretty much a fail. But yeah, it would be better for her to broaden her horizons. It would be better for the Black Cats long term if their most famous living member was seen as more than a battlejunkie by people in general.

I wonder if the author is preparing for some faster pacing during a sort-of "school arc"? It wouldn't be unreasonable. Would be nice to see a more grown up Fran too. From there the story can move on to Fran taking on a S-rank evil being to permanently remove the curse.
Old 2018-10-14, 17:14   Link #128
kari-no-sugata II

It's taken a while but looks like Fran's "school life" is going to begin soon... though as a combat / adventurer instructor rather than a student. Well, first gotta pass the actual interview with the director of the academy - the "over S rank" in strength high elf who is said to be very strict in vetting instructors... though she likes children apparently.

Might be hard for the students to take Fran seriously since she'll be younger than them. But hey, I'm sure she can beat some sense (instil a sense of terror) into them.... hehehe, like the recent adventurers.

Random thought: since this high elf is apparently thousands of years old, she should be well aware of the true potential of Black Cats. Might be interesting to see what she knows and whether she can help Fran grow.
Old 2018-10-20, 14:17   Link #129
superhotdogzz

Quote:
Might be hard for the students to take Fran seriously since she'll be younger than them. But hey, I'm sure she can beat some sense (instil a sense of terror) into them.... hehehe, like the recent adventurers.
I hope her relationship between students wouldn't be that much of "Fear me" type......
Hope she could have more friends within the same age group (the tiger princess is a bit too far from here now).
Still, wondering how Fran would teach those kids since she is such a muscle head, hope she won't do anything too crazy...
superhotdogzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-20, 15:54   Link #130
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhotdogzz View Post
I hope her relationship between students wouldn't be that much of "Fear me" type......
Hope she could have more friends within the same age group (the tiger princess is a bit too far from here now).
Still, wondering how Fran would teach those kids since she is such a muscle head, hope she won't do anything too crazy...
There was a time when she took on some students on the ship and she handled them pretty well.

The "fear" part would be needed at least once because otherwise I doubt the brats would give her proper respect. Or rather, not all of them. For example, our blond drill-hair girl (Carona) took her seriously once she knew Fran was high end adventurer but she's clearly not a typical person. Talking of which, this sequence made me LOL (chapter 540):

Fran: Shishou.
Shishou: What's up?
Fran: I understood reason Shisho said it's interesting hairstyle.
Shishou: Hm?
Fran: Ever time moves, hair went sproing-sproing.
Shishou: I thought it was a bit strange how you were listening so quietly - so it was because you were focused on her hair huh!
Fran: Was fun.

Fran's totally going to want to play with Carona's hair now!
Old 2018-10-20, 16:40   Link #131
superhotdogzz

Quote:
There was a time when she took on some students on the ship and she handled them pretty well.
When was it? I just remember around 520ish, she beats all the junior member of the adventure guild on a boat? (Talking about trauma....)
Or was sometime before it?

Quote:
Talking of which, this sequence made me LOL (chapter 540):

Fran: Shishou.
Shishou: What's up?
Fran: I understood reason Shisho said it's interesting hairstyle.
Shishou: Hm?
Fran: Ever time moves, hair went sproing-sproing.
Shishou: I thought it was a bit strange how you were listening so quietly - so it was because you were focused on her hair huh!
Fran: Was fun.

Fran's totally going to want to play with Carona's hair now!

That is the time i'm reminded of Fran is still a kitten......

Last edited by superhotdogzz; 2018-10-20 at 16:51.
Old 2018-10-20, 17:37   Link #132
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhotdogzz View Post
When was it? I just remember around 520ish, she beats all the junior member of the adventure guild on a boat? (Talking about trauma....)
Or was sometime before it?
I meant much earlier. Chapter 251 and onwards. Sorry for not being clear.

PS That image doesn't work...
Old 2018-11-24, 13:21   Link #133
kari-no-sugata II

Heh, so Fran's going to school now... as both a student and as a teacher

(Student for spirit magic but teacher for advanced combat...)
Old 2018-11-25, 18:50   Link #134
GodTurtleOm

Sword Dad cares more about his daughter's appearance than she does herself, as usual.

Regarding her school uniform.

Shishou: "Fran are you happy with the clothes?"
Fran: "It's easy to move in, but has low defense and no offensive enhancements."
Shishou: "Ah, not that, whether it's cute or fashionable, how do you feel about it?"
Fran: "???"

Then immediately marks any boys that remark that she's cute.
GodTurtleOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-26, 06:31   Link #135
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTurtleOm View Post
Sword Dad cares more about his daughter's appearance than she does herself, as usual.

Regarding her school uniform.

Shishou: "Fran are you happy with the clothes?"
Fran: "It's easy to move in, but has low defense and no offensive enhancements."
Shishou: "Ah, not that, whether it's cute or fashionable, how do you feel about it?"
Fran: "???"
Doting father shishou... don't play dress-up with Fran!

Quote:
Then immediately marks any boys that remark that she's cute.
While overlooking the number one culprit

I was kinda surprised at the number of people referring to Fran as a "bishoujo". I don't remember it happening before. I guess she's looking a bit more mature now (since it's been over a year in-world since the start)?

Looking forwards to the next release when we should see Fran sparring with some students.

Meanwhile, I guess we'll see a Fran fan-club start forming soon. Also, I wonder how long Fran will end up spending at the school in practice...
Old 2019-01-21, 11:49   Link #136
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

And in a bit of news, the Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita LN has been officially licensed by Seven Seas by the title Reincarnated as a Sword. In response, Cardboard Translations have decided to stop translating the WN.

It's understandable why they would do so, and would be the right thing to do, but damn if it doesn't put a damper on things, since it's going to take a long while for the official LN translations to catch up to the WN.

Old 2019-01-24, 11:28   Link #137
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
And in a bit of news, the Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita LN has been officially licensed by Seven Seas by the title Reincarnated as a Sword. In response, Cardboard Translations have decided to stop translating the WN.

It's understandable why they would do so, and would be the right thing to do, but damn if it doesn't put a damper on things, since it's going to take a long while for the official LN translations to catch up to the WN.
and the translation stop before one of the major epic fights in the story.
Old 2019-02-27, 19:29   Link #138
superhotdogzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
and the translation stop before one of the major epic fights in the story.
That cliffhanger.....I guess it would take 3-4 years if seven sea translate 3 books per year.
Dang........
Old 2019-06-02, 09:45   Link #139
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So good news, someone took up the mantle of translating the WN chapters starting from where Cardboard left off. (Actually there was another that did so, but we don't talk about that travesty), and while not quite as good as Cardboard at least it's perfectly readable.

Also, TIL the Vol.5 drama CD was actually uploaded to youtube a while back:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Fran sounds exactly like how I imagined her, and she's adorable! Master sounds younger than I thought, but not too far from how he might sound at least.

Also, if these moonrunes are right, Fran is voiced by Inori Minase, who's currently voicing Nakano Itsuki this season

Old 2019-06-02, 10:06   Link #140
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

I imagined shishou's voice to be 1-2 levels deeper but....this is fine too I guess.