Gamilas Falls

'Tis the season.

Santa's got a new ride

Ho Ho Ho

Spoiler for Flying Bikers to Icecrown:

Arthus is getting coal this year.

Spoiler for It's a long ways down.:

Spoiler for Next year Arthus.....Next year for sure.:

Note: I've yet to figure out how to do proper thumbnails...

Santa's hog is not quite as funny as a freshly minted Death Knight with a santa hat that dropped from a random creature before he left the Lich King's service.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2008-12-22 at 16:31.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 19:05   Link #1982
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Um, how is your Chopper flying? i hope you didn't mod WoW....
Old 2008-12-22, 19:06   Link #1983
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Yeah, the Ethereal voices are great.

LOTRO is a lot of fun, a friend and I played it for a while on our off nights in WoW. With the release of the expansion soon and Moria looking so awesome might just be tempted to give it a go again. Although we didn't raid in LotRO we just played casually.
just to temp you more, Warden > Death Knight

SPARTA!
Old 2008-12-22, 19:09   Link #1984
Xacual

He isn't flying, he is jumping off high places. The Chopper takes the damage instead of you.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 19:21   Link #1985
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Drove off of the balcony on the Violet Parlor's tower towards Icecrown. It's a nice drop as you can see. The last shot is just before the bike despawns after it dismounts you (when it takes too much damage...it has about 5,800 hp). It does not transfere any damage to you or your passenger, even if you jump off of Dalaran.

The only thing close to a mod that I have is the AddOn "Bartender 4" so I can use all my bars.

This is how an engineer gets back to Dalaran:
Old 2008-12-22, 19:31   Link #1986
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

yea once Im done with Lord of the Rings, If Before AION comes out, I'm gonna lvl up Eng/BS now that i have a Alt with Max minning ;3
Old 2008-12-22, 20:29   Link #1987
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Funny thing is that the flying mount is a skill level 350 for the first one and 375 for the second, while the bike is 450. You can pretty much build the first flying mount from stuff you can mine, but the Epic mount requires a purchased part from Shatt (at Hula doll for 100g or so). The bike requires 12,500 gold in purchased parts from a dealer in K3, plus two pieces of Artic Fur (which as a miner/engineer I can't get on my own), then lots of Cobalt Bolts (40) and 12 bars of Titansteel (12 days minimum to make if you do it yourself). Plus the plans are 320 gold from whatever faction you are working with (Horde/Alliance) at exalted. So the first one will cost you a lot to make. The second will still cost you a lot (12,500 minimum, plus furs, plus time mining the cobalt and titanium/smelting the titansteel). Best if someone else asks you to make it for them, then trying to sell one on the AH I think. Unless someone, really wants one, you won't make much of a profit.
Old 2008-12-22, 21:12   Link #1988
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

all i gotta do is run Sun Well Dailys on my 4 70's and 400g a day + Minning and Skinning.
Old 2008-12-23, 00:11   Link #1989
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Found another fun use for the bike...the minefield. Driving through there was actually fun. Since you only take the blast damage and not the fall damage, you actually can go for a while in there. Got the Minesweeper achievement just messing around. Only died once...several minutes later when I was really just messing around.
Old 2008-12-23, 01:04   Link #1990
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

lol @ you, I got the Achievment and never died, BLOOD FOR THE WIN!
Old 2008-12-23, 01:50   Link #1991
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I had no idea how to do that achievement. I stumbled into that place one day and just bounced around and had no idea what I was doing.
Old 2008-12-23, 02:08   Link #1992
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I got the achievement without dying. I was just stunting for about ten minutes after that because I was having fun. Basically to show off at a couple of Horde players that were trying to do the actual quest in there.

I wonder what the translator did to "Yeeeeeha!"
Old 2008-12-23, 03:48   Link #1993
Clarste
Human

One of my guildies got that achievement while trying to do the quest. She kept trying and trying for about half an hour, got the achievement, and gave up in disgust.

The funny part is that we were all congratulating her in guild chat for the achievement before she told us what was going on.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 05:33   Link #1994
Zhaxra

Heh, common sight when I was leveling my Death Knight in Hellfire. I've been playing it kinda slow, so I don't get burned out as quickly as I did with BC. But man, the new areas are just incredible. I'm also kicking myself for getting the standard edition as the soundtrack kicks major booty.
Old 2008-12-23, 06:10   Link #1995
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

No kidding, Old Stratholme and Scholozar Basin are very high on my favourite soundtrack list. I love to go herbing in Scholozar, if only because of the music. Great music, and lots of herbs, what's not to like?

Though herbing has to wait, my sister was fishing for an account, so I decided 'if she wants an account anyway, why not use the Recruit a Friend?'

After two days of play, and my new Paladin is already 31. Triple experience is scary. <_<
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 08:00   Link #1996
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I like to linger a bit in Sholazar Basin and Howling Fjord - I really do like those places when I'm doing dailies. Very nice music and scenery.

The Flying Carpet isn't valid to be used in that landmine area - you instantly get shot off it by sensor guns. -_- I freaking hated that area. Took me 20 minutes to get in the middle and out.
Old 2008-12-23, 08:03   Link #1997
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I really like the 'Mountains of Thunder' and 'Secrets Long Forgotten' for Storm Peaks, they're probably my favorites. Close behind those are 'Howling Fjord' and 'Rise of the Vrykul'. 'Path of Tears' reminded me of like some other RPG music but the name escapes me, 'Garden of Life' reminded me of Zelda. Although 'Arthas, My Son (Cinematic Intro)' is good too, probably easiest to get an image in my head with since its just the intro video. 'Totems of the Grizzlemaw' fit Grizzly Hills perfectly IMO, like 'Assault on New Avalon' fit the DK starting area, especially when you are on the Frost Wyrms.

All in all I'd say the music for Wrath really beat TBC hands down.

And yeah RAF rocks, I dual boxed a mage and priest up was really easy, flew up in levels but I got distracted from doing it like I usually do when leveling a new character heh. I'm terrible at leveling alts.
Old 2008-12-23, 09:51   Link #1998
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaxra View Post
Heh, common sight when I was leveling my Death Knight in Hellfire. I've been playing it kinda slow, so I don't get burned out as quickly as I did with BC. But man, the new areas are just incredible. I'm also kicking myself for getting the standard edition as the soundtrack kicks major booty.
Blood Elf females
That helmet is one of the rare few I'll actually 'wear' because it LOOKS nice
Old 2008-12-23, 12:17   Link #1999
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
That helmet is one of the rare few I'll actually 'wear' because it LOOKS nice
Yeah, I'm rather disappointed that our T7 helm doesn't have the same graphic as our starter gear. Overall, WotLK armor has a looked a lot better though.

As for the Minesweeper achievement, try to position yourself when you land to get blown up into a direction with more mines. You do have a slight grace period when you land so use it to place yourself accordingly.
Old 2008-12-23, 12:31   Link #2000
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
Yeah, I'm rather disappointed that our T7 helm doesn't have the same graphic as our starter gear. Overall, WotLK armor has a looked a lot better though.

As for the Minesweeper achievement, try to position yourself when you land to get blown up into a direction with more mines. You do have a slight grace period when you land so use it to place yourself accordingly.
It's not too bad but it is annoying that Blizzard got too lazy and pretty much uses the same armor designs from 68-80.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows