AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-08-23, 23:26   Link #2361
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

oh a HD version of GS for it 10th year wonder what Lacus look like in HD mode?

give still can't tell the difference between regular mode & HD mode who knows maybe next to show in 3D mode?

at least lead more to wonder for it 10th year for next year.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 02:43   Link #2362
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
As for Fukuda/Morosawa being demanding on the VAs, there is some truthiness to this. Rie Tanaka confirmed at her appearance in the 2008 NYAF that Lacus was the hardest role she played so far.

And from the Easymodo archives, in which Suzumura compared playing Shinn in GSD vs. playing Shinn in SRW-Z (take these Easymodo posts with a grain of salt):

http://archive.easymodo.net/m/thread/4169592#p4172196

http://archive.easymodo.net/m/thread/5187350#p5189079
Neither of those mean that Fukuda was demanding to an unnatural degree, Rie Tanaka doesn't like characters like Lacus, and Suzumura simply disagreed with how Shinn should sound like.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 02:52   Link #2363
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Oh and Kira loved Fllay in GS, go watch ep 46 again...
This. We should post this everytime people forget.

It's a shame, Kira had more emotion in that episode...compared to 3/4's of GSD combined, and 1/4 of those emotions displayed in Destiny were...forced. Just like the time Kira was pretty much told by Athrun to save Lacus because...well, she needs to be saved.
Old 2011-08-24, 05:28   Link #2364
Charred Knight

The lack of emotions on Kira was my biggest problem with his portrayal in Gundam Seed Destiny. He just didn't fit the stoic warrior they where trying to turn him into.
Old 2011-08-24, 09:01   Link #2365
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
@Undertaker and Tak - I could go thru this whole big spiel where I come up with in-depth point after point to explain how Kira and Lacus overshadowing the new cast killed the show...I have so many examples Bandai Unlimited would summon my a$$ the moment I click the REPLY BUTTON, post haste mind you...So all I can tell you is that I WAS HERE...I was here for it all on animesuki.com (Use the SEARCH button), and trust me, the lion share of people who really hated this show (not just disliked, but could stand it since K & L were getting glitz moments), but hated it was because of Lacus' Mary Sue plot maneuvering and Killer Tomatoes' untouchable un-emotional, arigato Mr Roboto persona the entire series while falling ass backwurds into the Title roll again...

Edit: OK maybe I read all of this wrong^^...

What romance did Kira and Lacus have? I just assumed you meant their secondary plot interference (from what I quoted from you)...Lovebugs attached at the a$$ have more romance than Kira and Lacus...Raw Le Cruset and his druggy-bottle of Flintstones Vitamins had more romance than K & L...

You said they were the "exceptions"..If all you meant was their romance wasn't as annoying as the rest (since it was barely apparent, nevermind expressive) then, uhhh, yeah...
Are they trying to emulate the Amuro-Lalah, Heero-Relena, and (likely) Loran-Dianna relationships?
Old 2011-08-24, 10:32   Link #2366
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
This. We should post this everytime people forget.
Eh, I'd say by the latter episodes of SEED, what Kira felt was more guilt than love.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 10:34   Link #2367
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
@Undertaker and Tak - I could go thru this whole big spiel where I come up with in-depth point after point to explain how Kira and Lacus overshadowing the new cast killed the show...
Oh yeah, we went through that... many years ago. Boy, this forum was the shit in those days.

You have to admit, GSD gave us a huge outlet of shits n' giggles.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 13:50   Link #2368
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Kira loved no one in Seed. So stop it with your Flay. It's official. There is no need to discuss this anymore.

Kira loved Lacus in Gundam Seed Destiny. It's official. There is no need to discuss this anymore.

A gundam Seed HD ? ...I'm still waitinf for something new...
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 14:06   Link #2369
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Kira loved no one in Seed. So stop it with your Flay. It's official. There is no need to discuss this anymore.
But you have to admit, it was the twisted infatuation of Flay that allowed Kira to fight many of his battles.

Although in retrospect, Kira must have felt really fucking stupid.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2011-08-24 at 14:17.
Old 2011-08-24, 14:40   Link #2370
Undertaker

Quote:
@[B]

Edit: OK maybe I read all of this wrong^^...

What romance did Kira and Lacus have? I just assumed you meant their secondary plot interference (from what I quoted from you)...Lovebugs attached at the a$$ have more romance than Kira and Lacus...Raw Le Cruset and his druggy-bottle of Flintstones Vitamins had more romance than K & L...

You said they were the "exceptions"..If all you meant was their romance wasn't as annoying as the rest (since it was barely apparent, nevermind expressive) then, uhhh, yeah...

Oh eff-yeah @ seeing the desert arc berzerker Kira in HD...My favorite Kira, Fllay-powered!

I never say Kira doesn't love Fally, I just think Kira love Lacus more....

Anyway, now that makes much more sense, since it looks like we basically agree on the same thing and I was here through most of those debates as well.

The only difference here is that I don't mind they go focusing on God Kira, but they should leave Shinn out of it, or vice versa if they decided to use Shin instead and Athrun should be the masked guy if that's the case.

As for comments on romance, I'm going to stay out of it and throw cultural differences and be done with it. Since most of the Asian forums I lurk didn't have any problem on what was shown between the relationship of the two....

Personally, I thought Fllay to be one of the highlight in GS and was much better written compared to her supposed counterpart in Lala in original. As much as I like the original and still considers it to be the best in series along Z, I can never understand the Lala infatuation from Amuro. It just doesn't make any sense, and made any Lala-related plot like shit.

And I still pissed at the way Sayla was portrayed after original series, so don't get me started.....

As for comment on Kira's dominance.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
There were some pretty nice looking scenes in SEED which i wouldn't mind seeing in HD, so i'll be sure to check out the release next year.

Do i want to watch Jesus Yamato in HD? Not really.

Have you EVER watch over main Gundam series? The main characters always ends up to be God-like, Kira just got the pleasure where his every dominance was animated in detail.

I mean The Red Comet sinking 6 battleship, Heero going up against 300 MS, Duo Trowa and Quatre holds off the whole army by themselves., Kamille's abiltiy, and than we have 00..

Come on, Gundam was never short of God-like pilots, they've always being super robots in disguise of real robots with exception in the side-stories and gaidens.

The fact the Kira isn't even considered a top 3 pilots in the franchise (might not even in top 5) among most Gundam fans and video game portrayal should tell you something...
Old 2011-08-24, 14:43   Link #2371
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I always found that many element of Astray's story to be quite hilarious. Moreover, some of the mechs are too decorated and some of the characters are too eccentric. Absolutely not a very serious stuff. Still, I'm not saying that I don't want to see it get animated (of course I do). If they make an Astray anime to be a continuation of GS and GSD, there will be a drastic tonal change, from serious to hilarious. That's what I think, at least .
I agree Astray has a more humorious tone in general then Seed but it would work alright Astary has a good long so people would know what to expect. As far as the MS go well alot were mass production models that the owners pimped their ride.

Quote:
You're right about keeping Kira and Lacus away from new characters though. That couple can really drain the life energy out of any new character they're sharing screen with.
The only way you would want Kira showing up in Seed Astray anime is if the plan was to have Canard Pars kill him within 10 mintues of his preferably by ramming a stake made of consecrated silver through the heart followed up with decaptation hopefully that would enough to keep him down for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
But you have to admit, it was that twisted infatuation of Flay that allowed Kira to fight many of his battles.

Although in retrospect, Kira must have felt really fucking stupid.

- Tak
Well Tak Kira was 16 years old and the girl he had a crush on used his feelings and sex to manipulate and Kira never really seemed to have alot of street smarts so who knows how it might take him to work things out.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 14:43   Link #2372
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
The fact the Kira isn't even considered a top 3 pilots in the franchise (might not even in top 5) among most Gundam fans and video game portrayal should tell you something...
Last I checked, Kira is in top 5 pilots. He's second to Amuro, who's on first, last I saw.

Is there an updated poll somewhere?
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 14:44   Link #2373
Tetra Vaal
Banned

So... recycled animation in HD? Riveting stuff.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 15:00   Link #2374
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Last I checked, Kira is in top 5 pilots. He's second to Amuro, who's on first, last I saw.

Thats indeed the latest update. Kira is second only to Amuro according to polls, and a definite fan favorite in Japan.

Nevermind the Strike Freedom is still the no.1 seller.

- Tak

Old 2011-08-24, 15:01   Link #2375
Undertaker

Quote:

Don't know which poll you are referring to, but in most cross over games (Gundam Musou or Dynasty Warrror Gundam, SRW) Kira usually has lessor stats than Amuro, Kamille, Char (the undisputed three) and is in the pile with Jadou, Heero, Milliardo/Zachs, and recently Setsuna. And that's also the general consensis I got in Chinese and Japanese forums.

Edit: Being a bit late to Tak. What kind of poll was is though and in which magazine?
Old 2011-08-24, 15:06   Link #2376
kakakka

I remember, because I looked up the names in the list.

From this post:http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...84#post3437784
Old 2011-08-24, 15:25   Link #2377
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
The only way you would want Kira showing up in Seed Astray anime is if the plan was to have Canard Pars kill him within 10 mintues of his preferably by ramming a stake made of consecrated silver through the heart followed up with decaptation hopefully that would enough to keep him down for good.
And ruin Canard's character in the process? Why would anyone want to see that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Nevermind the Strike Freedom is still the no.1 seller.
Are you sure you're not talking about the Destiny Gundam (as far as CE models)? I remember someone once posted in this forum a picture of Strike Freedom models still on store shelves (implying no one's buying them). But that was years ago, and I don't collect models, so maybe I'm mistaken.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 15:41   Link #2378
Undertaker

Quote:
I remember, because I looked up the names in the list.

From this post:http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...84#post3437784

Interesting, Kamille actually dropped that much in polls despite to the official "strongest" New Type?

So basically Kira is taking over Kamille's spot, I mean I don't remmeber him rank this high like 5 years ago...
Old 2011-08-24, 15:52   Link #2379
Charred Knight

Quote:
Interesting, Kamille actually dropped that much in polls despite to the official "strongest" New Type?

So basically Kira is taking over Kamille's spot, I mean I don't remmeber him rank this high like 5 years ago...
A lot of that has to do with portrayal, Amuro Ray and Char Anzable are generally portrayed as cool ace pilots while Kamille is pretty whiny.

I also have to question Setsuna F. Seia only being given 5th place, his the only person whose own series doesn't consider him human.
Old 2011-08-24, 16:15   Link #2380
kakakka

Quote:

No idea how it happened. The idea of 00 movie, which resurfaced the hope for SEED movie, might have a hand on giving him boost on this poll. In my opinion though, Kira isn't that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
A lot of that has to do with portrayal, Amuro Ray and Char Anzable are generally portrayed as cool ace pilots while Kamille is pretty whiny.

I also have to question Setsuna F. Seia only being given 5th place, his the only person whose own series doesn't consider him human.
While talking about portrayal, Setsuna's not-so-stellar record in the series prior to 00 Raiser debut might have some factors in giving him only 5th place.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep