AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-24, 13:59   Link #81
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Japanese Marcus Penix... Gotta wonder

In the end, depends only on its quality not language.
Old 2011-09-25, 03:29   Link #82
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
I don't think many in this thread who wants the original Japanese voices to be preserved really think "OMG JAPANESE IS SUPERIOR TO ENGLISH, LIKE, 10000000x. ENGLESH DUB FAIL", but rather have the belief that dub (not only JP->Eng, but every dubs available) sounds... Weird, alien and just cannot fully convey the original in its full form. Or so I hope.
Oh, you may be surprised that such a biased group does actually exist on the world wide web. Most go even so far to bash bash localizations in general if they are not directly translated. Popular example: Name changes (Mana Khemia, Ar Tonelico). The "dub defenders" call these people "japanophiles" because they are just that narrow-minded generally. The ragestorm that happend was not funny ... But that may be a NIS America-only byproduct

I like jp. voice work as well even if I will never be able to recall a single VA (as I don't care about it to this degree), there are exceptions where I prefer the english VAs like with high-pitched girl voices in jp to a more tolerable version on us (Anise from TotA). I think why most jp. voices sounds better/more motivated is simply the way the language works at times.

@P4: With that the future purchase of the Vita has become much more favorable even though I would have loved a playable Rise or more Nanako screentime . And although I fail horribly at good persona merging, I was still able to make it to the last dungeon in the PS2 version
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 05:43   Link #83
Accelolita_

I might get shot for what I'm about to say...But for Persona 4 (and TotA) I like the English dub much more than the Japanese dub. Not that the Japanese dub is bad, I'm usually the Original-with-subtitle-watcher of anime but I prefer the English ones for P4/TotA.
Especially Rise is a no-go for me. I hate Kugimiya Rie with a passion. Her voice is too overused and squeaky, my ears bleed whenever I hear her.
So I really love English dub!Rise and I think the rest of the voice cast did an excellent job voicing P4.
All three of my favourite voice actors are in P4. Yuri Lowenthal, JYB and Troy Baker.
I hope that the old cast is voicing P4G for us again because I really, really love the cast.

For extra stuff in P4G. I'd love to see Nanako as a persona-user, though I know that this wont happen
And I would appreciate it if you could date Naoto a bit sooner, because it's kinda difficult maxing her S.Link if you want to do other stuff xD
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 08:58   Link #84
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Oh, you may be surprised that such a biased group does actually exist on the world wide web. Most go even so far to bash bash localizations in general if they are not directly translated. Popular example: Name changes (Mana Khemia, Ar Tonelico). The "dub defenders" call these people "japanophiles" because they are just that narrow-minded generally. The ragestorm that happend was not funny ... But that may be a NIS America-only byproduct
Haha, I certainly know that there are a lot of unreasonable people like that in the web, but I was referring to the posters in this thread who supported the Japanese language more than English dub. :3 NISA fans are scary, so let's just be a good, ol' spectators of the dub-or-JP flame RAEG war on the audience seats, shall we? 8D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelolita_ View Post
Especially Rise is a no-go for me. I hate Kugimiya Rie with a passion. Her voice is too overused and squeaky, my ears bleed whenever I hear her.
So I really love English dub!Rise and I think the rest of the voice cast did an excellent job voicing P4.
Most people will agree on Rise's dub being better than the Japanese actually, not because KugiRie fails in voicing her (fact is, I love Rise's perkiness being shown and KugiRie not being a tsundere haha), but mainly because of the battles commentaries in purely annoying pitch, eternally repeating with lack of variations in... Every singke time you defeat an enemy. Even some of the Japanese really thought that was not a pleasant experience.

A lesson to Atlus: Never, ever give Mission Control member a way-too-cheery, high on sugar voice. Or zombie voice. *coughFuuka'sP3dubvoicecough*

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 12:38   Link #85
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post

I like jp. voice work as well even if I will never be able to recall a single VA (as I don't care about it to this degree), there are exceptions where I prefer the english VAs like with high-pitched girl voices in jp to a more tolerable version on us (Anise from TotA). I think why most jp. voices sounds better/more motivated is simply the way the language works at times.

@P4: With that the future purchase of the Vita has become much more favorable even though I would have loved a playable Rise or more Nanako screentime . And although I fail horribly at good persona merging, I was still able to make it to the last dungeon in the PS2 version
O RLY?!? There exists a fringe minority on-line that does not like every cultured to be butchered to death, so that stupid red-necks can think that they can understand it

Dubs suck, be it american, german, french, greek, whatever... they alter the original content and purpose... sorry, but there is no way around that... now if you don't care about the original art, that's another story, I can understand that gamers are usually in elementary school and never had the time to figure things out, but Presona, as well as, late night shows, were never intended for them... Devil May Cry sounds more like it
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 12:50   Link #86
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Dubs suck, be it american, german, french, greek, whatever... they alter the original content and purpose... sorry, but there is no way around that... now if you don't care about the original art, that's another story, I can understand that gamers are usually in elementary school and never had the time to figure things out, but Presona, as well as, late night shows, were never intended for them... Devil May Cry sounds more like it
I have difficulty believing that you're actually 31. I also have equal difficulty believing that you know enough of any foreign language to know what you're talking about.

Why has this thread degraded into the usual SUBS VS DUBS bullshit, anyway? Would someone clean this up?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 13:28   Link #87
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Yeah this discussion wont take us nowhere nor solve or convince anyone to listen only for JP because thats how it's meant to be. It's a choice afterall and we should respect it. In the end we're just stating our meaningless opinions, and I dont think it's valid to argue that, just like we cant talk about Religion x Science/Religion. In fact this is way too offtopic...

Now then , let's talk about being gay for Yu's crossdress outfit, or even Kuma's.

Last edited by Tong; 2011-09-25 at 13:38.
Tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 03:53   Link #88
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 18:04   Link #89
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

new pic
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/14...-4-the-golden/

pv
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/09...-4-the-golden/

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 18:11   Link #90
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Operation Babe Hunt: The Revenge
Old 2011-12-14, 20:55   Link #91
Malkuth
Banned

WTF?! Maid-Yukiko? do WANT... I will betray Yui-chan Chie-tan... only just please have the japanese VAs... the american VAs were atrocious until some god-send computer freak hacked the game

EDIT: Let me correct that, have a dual audio track, since you have to sell to... INSERT NON-RACIST ADJECTIVE THAT DOES NOT OFFEND AMERICANS

Last edited by Malkuth; 2011-12-14 at 21:00. Reason: scoptic comment ;)
Old 2011-12-15, 11:24   Link #92
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

You dont need to be a super-wolrd hacker to swap audio files...
Old 2011-12-15, 11:51   Link #93
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
WTF?! Maid-Yukiko? do WANT... I will betray Yui-chan Chie-tan... only just please have the japanese VAs... the american VAs were atrocious until some god-send computer freak hacked the game

EDIT: Let me correct that, have a dual audio track, since you have to sell to... INSERT NON-RACIST ADJECTIVE THAT DOES NOT OFFEND AMERICANS
well thats 1 person who doesn't like the english cast, I for one can't stand japanese teddy.

and even putting that "Insert non-racist" thing is kinda insulting.. please just stop. So sorry we're not overly emotional about everything.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2011-12-15 at 12:04.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 12:20   Link #94
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
well thats 1 person who doesn't like the english cast, I for one can't stand japanese teddy.
I don't like both versions of teddy, but that does not change the fact that for whatever incomprehensible reasons they don't include the japanese voices. And it's not just a problem with american localizations, the same applies to greek, german and french, that I had to suffer through

Quote:
and even putting that "Insert non-racist" thing is kinda insulting.. please just stop. So sorry we're not overly emotional about everything.
Sorry, it was meant to be a joke, since someone thought that mentioning the existence of red-necks was limited to the states and racist, some pages ago
Old 2011-12-15, 12:30   Link #95
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
I don't like both versions of teddy, but that does not change the fact that for whatever incomprehensible reasons they don't include the japanese voices. And it's not just a problem with american localizations, the same applies to greek, german and french, that I had to suffer through
Here in france, we didn't have the game translated (and P3 / P3FES neither).
Even the subtitles were in english.

And looking at some footage find on youtube, I would clearly prefer the Japanese voices.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 12:33   Link #96
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

Sorry, it was meant to be a joke, since someone thought that mentioning the existence of red-necks was limited to the states and racist, some pages ago
Yea, but atleast he's a little tolerable in english version XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Here in france, we didn't have the game translated (and P3 / P3FES neither).
Even the subtitles were in english.

And looking at some footage find on youtube, I would clearly prefer the Japanese voices.
but you have yet to hear the english voices >_>

.... and WHY IS FIREFOX SAYING ENGLISH is SPELT WRONG!...

oh my god -_- my firefox is a grammar nazi, "You didn't capitalize it! WRONG!"
Old 2011-12-15, 13:24   Link #97
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
but you have yet to hear the english voices >_>

.... and WHY IS FIREFOX SAYING ENGLISH is SPELT WRONG!...
That's what I (poorly) implied.
I wasn't translated in french (both voices and subtitles). We just got the english package.
That's why I would prefer japanese voices (cause I didn't like the english dub).

... Yeah, I wasn't very clear in my statement.

Your Firefox is EVIL !
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 13:30   Link #98
Accelolita_

I think the Japanese dub is nice, but I prefer the English dub.
I absolutely love the English dub.
So I don't mind English-only, but for those who don't like it, a dual audio version would be nice :3
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 13:46   Link #99
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

another JP/EN voice battle again.

i thought everyone know that it contract problem

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 04:58   Link #100
Leo Keichi

I don't think there needs to be any battle, all the companies had to do was putting both voices. Why they don't do this, is it so incredibly hard to put dual audio in a game? That would please anyone. My copy of Metal Gear 4 has some four languages (but doesn't have the original Japanese, ironically).
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote