AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-15, 12:41   Link #3941
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
^ Yes that was Hikari who said that.
I don't remember reading much about the plot for vol 8, so is it a side storys volume?
A "YES" or "NO" is enough, no need to tell me anymore then that.
Yes. It's mentioned in the afterword to Vol 7.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 13:23   Link #3942
kazzuya13

By the way....
When the girls activated the [Youth]'s protection they were able to fend for themselves.
So is it valid for them to become a Campione when they kill a god while in that state or Pandora won't like it and thus not granting them the status "Campione"?...
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 13:26   Link #3943
blackwhite67
Banned

It doesnt matter. They would never be able to kill a god even with the Youth's protection

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2012-09-15 at 15:28.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 13:48   Link #3944
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
It doesnt matter. They would never be able to kill a god even with the You's protection
They easily defeated a bunch of divine beast(especially Ena). So it wouldn't be surprising if they defeat a subordinate god(The same as Ama no morakumo). But I don't think they have enough fire power to defeat the rank of a true Heretic God like Verethragana especially those who has the attributes of steel.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 13:53   Link #3945
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
By the way....
When the girls activated the [Youth]'s protection they were able to fend for themselves.
So is it valid for them to become a Campione when they kill a god while in that state or Pandora won't like it and thus not granting them the status "Campione"?...
If I remember right, Ena was able to fight against Sun WuKong's apes, which were classified as divine messengers?It took her all she got to defeat one (or was it two?), so I doubt they'd be able to kill a god with [Youth] protection, though they may be able to stall them a bit.
Old 2012-09-15, 13:56   Link #3946
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
By the way....
Even if they're somehow able to beat a god, I don't think Pandora would be happy with the "help" in the form of Youth Protection. In the case of Godou, yes he manipulated Meqart and he used the tablet, but everything was planned and instigated by a completely powerless Godou.

Generally speaking, humans who can become Campione have a few screws loose such as Luo Hao or Salvatore or has some highly unusual qualities-competitiveness, smarts, iron will- that defy common sense. Sure there are super talented people like Erica, but the moment they're mentally dominated by a god and realize the raw difference between a god and human, they're done for. On the other hand, people like Godou, who has no sense of the difference between a god or human, can resist to the end. That's not to say person X will then become a Campione, it's just that there's a chance (vs say someone like Erica).
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 15:03   Link #3947
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Even if they're somehow able to beat a god, I don't think Pandora would be happy with the "help" in the form of Youth Protection. In the case of Godou, yes he manipulated Meqart and he used the tablet, but everything was planned and instigated by a completely powerless Godou.

Generally speaking, humans who can become Campione have a few screws loose such as Luo Hao or Salvatore or has some highly unusual qualities-competitiveness, smarts, iron will- that defy common sense. Sure there are super talented people like Erica, but the moment they're mentally dominated by a god and realize the raw difference between a god and human, they're done for. On the other hand, people like Godou, who has no sense of the difference between a god or human, can resist to the end. That's not to say person X will then become a Campione, it's just that there's a chance (vs say someone like Erica).
Also, it´s mentioned in the novels that no mortal can defy a God in hopes to become a Campone, there is always an element of chance or randomsess in the conditions set by Pandora. That´s the birth of a Campione is incredibly rare, the conditions is to crazy to be completed on porpuse.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 15:30   Link #3948
blackwhite67
Banned

Campiones are chosen from birth. They were always meant to kill gods. Erica and the rest can never kill a god no matter what. They just dont have the quality required. Odds and power-ups dont matter in a battle against gods.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 15:36   Link #3949
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Campiones are chosen from birth.
Kinda agree with that in a way. I just imagine Voban having the [Youth] lol
Old 2012-09-15, 16:09   Link #3950
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Kinda agree with that in a way. I just imagine Voban having the [Youth] lol
He'd have the version Vrethragna had: he talks and you have to listen, no matter what.
Old 2012-09-15, 18:23   Link #3951
Ddraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post

We called this type of people a "Fool" and only a fool will get blessing from Epimetheus and thus complete ritual into becoming campione.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 20:17   Link #3952
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
We called this type of people a "Fool" and only a fool will get blessing from Epimetheus and thus complete ritual into becoming campione.
To be exact, Campiones are Epimetheus' illegitimate children so essentially they are called the sons (and daughters though not mentioned by Erica in vol 3, but still) of the fool. The recipe to create Campiones came from when Pandora's box was open, the box that contain all Disasters and a shred of Hope.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 21:38   Link #3953
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

The reason why Campiones were called the bastards of Epimetheus was that only fools are crazy enough to challenge a god to a fight in the first place. It wasn't said anywhere that they were chosen from birth btw.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 21:41   Link #3954
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

The only thing that is making me question or confuse is why haven't Elpis been brought in the story line yet.
Old 2012-09-15, 21:56   Link #3955
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
The only thing that is making me question or confuse is why haven't Elpis been brought in the story line yet.
Who is Elpis?
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 22:03   Link #3956
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Who is Elpis?
Elpis, is the embodiment of Hope. To be exact Elpis was the only thing left in Pandora's Box when Pandora opened and closed it. She is what is called the shred of Hope in Pandora Box. Theoretically, Campiones are suppose to be the only hope for Mankind against Gods so Elpis being the Goddess of Hope or Hope itself, it seems strange for her not to appear in the story line yet.
Old 2012-09-15, 22:14   Link #3957
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

^ So there a goddess of hope in the box that Pandora close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Yes. It's mentioned in the afterword to Vol 7.
Thank I tend to skip reading afterword so I didn't know.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 01:40   Link #3958
ZeKeR
Superbad

... why do I see the possibility of Luo being enamored by her foster-lil bro?
Old 2012-09-16, 01:48   Link #3959
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
... why do I see the possibility of Luo being enamored by her foster-lil bro?
That possibility is very high, considering the fact that Godou is capable of capturing women of all age (Including Lucretia who's supposed to be as old as his geezer and even Mariya Hikari who's younger than his sister)
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 01:51   Link #3960
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

well since they are sworn brothers maybe she is gonna ask for a bond that cannot be broken ... ( a baby xD )

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem