AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-10-25, 00:00   Link #1681
Warm Mist

Suddenly Nibutani is a bitch? nah man, some things just bring the worst out of people- embarrassment about herself in this case. It's better if she has some spice.

The highlight of this episode was the "Men in Black" moment, of course!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also the fight. The fight was pretty good, it didn't feel "too short" at all for me.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 00:12   Link #1682
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Interesting that the main characters are not near the window seats as use to be the tradition.
Old 2012-10-25, 00:16   Link #1683
Shadow5YA

Shinka's 180 and crushing Yuuta's hopes was amusing at first, but I don't like the afterthought of the first/main girl winning in romance so easily. I hope Shinka at least warms up to Yuuta instead of playing cat and mouse with Sanae the entire series.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2012-10-25 at 00:28.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 00:25   Link #1684
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Interesting that the main characters are not near the window seats as use to be the tradition.
Speculation.

Yuuta is trying to be normal, so KyoAni metas it by putting him in the centre of the class. Same goes for Shinka.

Rikka is in front because that's where teachers normally put troublemakers.

Makoto's at the back because it offers a great vantage point to scope out the girls.

Old 2012-10-25, 00:27   Link #1685
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
That's more a matter of convenience for both mangaka and animators because they can show the MC at school without the need to draw any other student.

Anyway isn't it extremely ironic how Shinka decided to get a new start going to a school far away from where she lived only to end up with two of the persons she used to talk with in the net during her chuuni days? And one of them is even in her class.

As a side note, there's still no explanation as to why Shinka seemed to particularly like Yuuta from the very beginning. She remembered their encounter the first day at the station, and then she waved her hand at him when she was trying for the cheerleeders, while at the same time ignoring all the other male classmates.
She didn't know about Yuuta's past, and she had no reason to think he was connected to Dekomori in any way.
Even then it's quite a roundabout way to befriend him to get to Dekomori. Why not directly her, or Rikka?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 00:33   Link #1686
Skane
Anime Snark

Maybe she's crushed that he turned out to be a chuuni too, even if ex-case, and it bitter about it?

Old 2012-10-25, 00:37   Link #1687
garbage

Another great episode (4)for chunis, and for a studio "incapable" of creating fight scenes they really do make nice fights ahahaha, so how many fight scenes have we seen in this show?...

so kids, again, one of the first lessons you must learn about the internet never put in anything you will regret. once it's there, its there forever....shibutani's learning this the hard way ^^
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 00:41   Link #1688
U<3Anime
Boo!

Man, Nibutani.....My friend already joked about it.

But still, it kinda hurts ya know. .__.
Old 2012-10-25, 00:45   Link #1689
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I think the real lesson is to not use nicknames that can be obviously linked to your real name. And that includes not giving out personal info, and more importantly no pictures...

In brief: stay out of facebook.

On a serious note, if Shinka wasn't so obsessed with erasing her past she should've better stay out of that. Nobody would have thought that that book was written by her, Dekomori STILL doesn't believe her. She could've denied everything anyway and she would've lived the normal school life she wished for. Now there's already three persons that know of her past, and everyone knows she joined a circle of weirdos.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 01:03   Link #1690
The Green One

Yuuta isn't exactly the master of hiding his past either.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 01:11   Link #1691
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I think the real lesson is to not use nicknames that can be obviously linked to your real name. And that includes not giving out personal info, and more importantly no pictures...

In brief: stay out of facebook.

On a serious note, if Shinka wasn't so obsessed with erasing her past she should've better stay out of that. Nobody would have thought that that book was written by her, Dekomori STILL doesn't believe her. She could've denied everything anyway and she would've lived the normal school life she wished for. Now there's already three persons that know of her past, and everyone knows she joined a circle of weirdos.
It's obvious that none of them have actually outgrown their Chuuni days if they're still self-conscous about it. Even Shinka who claims she has left her past behind relapsed for a moment to draw a magic circle to try to curse Sanae.

At this point, Yuuta is actually closer to outgrowing his chuunibiyou days than Shinka since he was actually able to think more rationally this time around, and his reactions whenever someone brought up the Dark Flame Master are far less extreme than in the earlier episodes where he was literally screaming and rolling around in agony like Shinka did this episode.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 01:16   Link #1692
teja208
Critical fanboy

Well, it's nice to finally get to know Shinka's true character not that I didn't see this coming. I've been suspecting her since episode 1 that she's more than just a perfect model student. By now, I'm starting to feel tired whenever Yuuta fantasized her perfect image in his dreams. Of course, I know that it's normal for Yuuta, as a HS boy, to behave that way, but unlike the audiences, he should've known better. It's also a plus that Shinka still got some of chu2byo symptoms left like when she curse Deko or transforming her pom pom into a weapon. Clearly, she hasn't fully recovered yet.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 01:35   Link #1693
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hahah everything is going according to plan- Nibutani is an ex-chuunibyo as expected but I didn't think that she'll be an almost exact copy of Yuuta except more bitter Now the team has been assembled, I can't wait to see what's next

btw, anyone realized the OP has been changed to be less ' flashy' ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
They did... and somehow.. I liked the old one better.

yeah... me too a liked the old one better, a bit sad though it was headache inducing at first it kinda grew on me, it was... different new one's kinda futsu (plus they changed the skirt jiggling part now it's only one frame )

but yeah guess they don't want a repeat of that certain Pokemon episode incident

Last edited by garbage; 2012-10-25 at 01:35. Reason: typo
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 01:37   Link #1694
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

Yeah, I don't feel like going in to a seizure with this OP... wonder if the reason for the change is to make it easier on the eyes...
Old 2012-10-25, 01:40   Link #1695
supermegasonic

yay new episode

its quite a shock seeing her true "form" knew something was up but i didnt think she would make a 180. i feel like i've seen something like recently........
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

as usual, yuuta has to deal with a couple of idiots while Tsuyuri is happily sleeping
and and that darkness note. while it seem yuuta was accepting the "dark flames of evil" *smacks head against the wall 100times* shinka was dreaming of the "fairy world" *smacks head against the wall 100times*
and i thought these 2 would actually get a long the best, but i guess they made shinka take the b--- route for now.

o yea, it seems ppl complained enough to the producers about the seizure OP. though i actually liked it a bit like that. guess im the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Images
Not safe for heart
thanks for the warning *dies*....worth it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
I certainly hope not. She needs a chance to be happy. She could at least become friends with Yuuta. Though I seriously hope Yuuta has the guts to retort the next time Shinka starts insulting him. In any case, this so far has the makings of a harem if not at least a shool-life club story, which means she should at least accept him as a good guy eventually even if she doesn't fall for him.

Really though, I think he should call her out at some point for a serious discussion and just tell her that, like it or not, they're in the same boat and should help each other survive, most likely by finding a way to pull those two out of the 'water' as well. True, Shinka is doomed to be paired for a while with Dekomori; just like Yuuta can't be normal unless he finds a way to fix Rikka, Shinka has no choice but to cure DM.
^THIS. and its actually possible for yuuta to do this, unlike other MC's. even though he wouldnt use the knowledge of her chuuniboy against her, he can use it to shut her up and listen to him. but that will take a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Yuuta isn't exactly the master of hiding his past either.
well he tried as much as he could. i mean would you expect someone to barge into your house and find out u were the dark flame master?? and its not like his family betrayed him and told ppl
Old 2012-10-25, 02:10   Link #1696
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Lite Episode 5: "The Girl who can Sleep After School"

YouTube
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 02:12   Link #1697
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Animated gifs from 2channel:
Images
Dekomori
Images
Rikka and Dekomori
Images
Nibutani

2channel loves this show, but not to the overwhelming extent of some previous hits. It's on thread 32 (31,000+ posts). Among new shows, JoJo's Bizarre Adenture seems to be next (unless previous series are being counted) at 27 threads. Little Busters is at 18 threads, with Magi and Shin Sekai yori at 16, and Psycho-Pass and Girls und Panzer at 14.

Personally, I thought ep4 was excellent. Better the second time, in fact.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-10-25 at 02:29.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 02:25   Link #1698
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Animated gifs from 2channel:
Images
Nibutani
This just seems wrong out of context.

Old 2012-10-25, 02:34   Link #1699
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Utterly hilarious. And indeed the prevailing theories were pretty much right. Kinda sad to see the flirtatious affection vanish though. I wonder how long it will take for the Dark Flame Master to penetrate that sweltering forest of pretty arrogance and win her heart for real.

On another note, DFM Yuuta's sister's in 7th grade, right? Wonder what he'd say if sometime within the next year or two she developed symptoms... Who's to say it can't catch.
It would be funny if she develops the symptom overnight. Yuuta woke up one day in the middle of the night when he heard noises coming from Kuzuha's room. He probabily freaked out after taking a peek and witnessing his usually levelheaded sister started playing with his old sword. However, I highly doubt it would happen given how it would utterly destroy her established character, but it would be interesting nonetheless.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 02:40   Link #1700
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
It would be funny if she develops the symptom overnight. Yuuta woke up one day in the middle of the night when he heard noises coming from Kuzuha's room. He probabily freaked him out after taking a peek and witnessing his usually levelheaded sister started playing with his old sword. However, I highly doubt it would happen given how it would utterly destroy her established character, but it would be interesting nonetheless.
But the youngest sister has potential.

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen