AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-24, 10:54   Link #4141
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by muk View Post
isn't nike part of athena's authority? last time i went to greece (a year ago or so) and its museums i saw the name "nike athena" on one of her statues xD
Well, at one stage, Athena did call herself the Goddess of Victory, I think....Well, she deserved to be called one, considering she was able to defeat someone who had the authority of the god of victory, and would have done so twice if it weren't because of those pesky humans.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 11:13   Link #4142
Richocet
Lover of Purity

@darthfanta you keep mentioning
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-24, 12:04   Link #4143
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Well, at one stage, Athena did call herself the Goddess of Victory, I think....Well, she deserved to be called one, considering she was able to defeat someone who had the authority of the god of victory, and would have done so twice if it weren't because of those pesky humans.
Athena: And I would have gotten away with it too, if not for your meddling harem!

On a more serious note, in Campione at least I get the feeling that Athena is the strongest. Even against Steel who are her strongest enemies, she can fight more or less evenly.
Old 2012-09-24, 12:29   Link #4144
gevara20

what is here writen?
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...one_v8_295.png
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...one_v9_343.jpg
gevara20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 14:07   Link #4145
zalnuman_sama

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...one_v8_295.png
otsukare-sama deshita & arigatou gozaimashita
means good job & thank you very much

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...one_v9_343.jpg
afterword and almost same as before
zalnuman_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 19:08   Link #4146
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Athena: And I would have gotten away with it too, if not for your meddling harem!

On a more serious note, in Campione at least I get the feeling that Athena is the strongest. Even against Steel who are her strongest enemies, she can fight more or less evenly.
Not so. I feel that Sun Wu Kong would have an advantage. But i think the Last King would still be stronger. I mean, there is a reason why he is last.
Also, whats *spoiler* abilities? Beside theft, in her legends, she can apparantly shapeshift others

Last edited by Fallen3dge; 2012-09-24 at 22:16.
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 19:19   Link #4147
blackwhite67
Banned

So what's the author's excuse for Godou being unable to obtain Circe's authority? I take it he didn't earn it?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 20:33   Link #4148
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Also, whats *spoiler*'s abilities? Beside theft, in her legends, she can apparantly shapeshift others
Her ultimate ability is
Spoiler for :

And please use spoiler tag for vol 13 goddess identity for people who hasn't read it and doesn't want to be spoiled, or at least avoid mentoning her name directly.

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2012-09-25 at 23:39.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 21:39   Link #4149
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Training is useless for a campione, just like what alec mentioned. The only way for him to master the authorities is by battling god in various situations even more. What I mean by mastery is on how he use the authority, and lessening of side effect such as the pain and inability from the raptor, or even further reduction in ram revival time(this one seems to be almost maxed out already) or maybe even a larger area from which he can take life force when using the goat form, not further strengthening of his power.
I'm thinking with some time maybe the effects of the Camel will be boosted to the point that Godou recovers entirely from the injury required to activate it before it expires. As far as Godou getting rid of all restrictions on his powers it's definetly possible but would require Pandora to do it since she's the one who gives Campiones there powers and I wouldn't rule it out as possibilty.

Quote:
What I'm afraid with adding more authority for Godou is, the author might fall in the trap of keep adding power to him instead of adding his creativity in using his current authority to defeat the enemy like what he has done so far.
I'm thinking that's why the author had Godou get Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi since it has the ability to absorb other Campiones powers and use them against them it works well it terms of temporalily adding authorities also since it's a Divine weapon with multiple powers already rather then simply a single authority new powers surfacing later as the need arises won't be problematic.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 22:15   Link #4150
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Just read the update on Campione, really and I mean really surprise that Lancelot can take on Athena.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 22:17   Link #4151
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Just read the update on Campione, really and I mean really surprise that Lancelot can take on Athena.
"He" is a [Steel] after all
Old 2012-09-24, 22:23   Link #4152
XFire
150% done

I wasn't surprised, since it sort of implied that without the grail Athena was gonna rip Lancelot a new one.
Old 2012-09-24, 22:33   Link #4153
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
"He" is a [Steel] after all
Well without the help of the Grail and Excalibur I doubt Lancelot could have taken on Athena. Athena isn't just a Goddess of the Earth, she is the Queen on the Goddess. Little chance Lancelot could have won against Athena without any help. I find it very amusing that Guinevere downgraded herself as a servant of Steel, very sad for a Goddess to have no have pride on her attribute.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 04:06   Link #4154
erdii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
Spoiler for Concerns About Godous' Authority:
well ı really liked the offers but wouldn't Diarmuid be too much for godou as he is already like him in a way
Old 2012-09-25, 05:06   Link #4155
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

so all these gods godou have killed......well beaten and not one authority is gain this author is pissing me off.
Whats gonna happen in the rest of the series? the same thing? someone else doing a killing blow/letting them go/doing a team kill. God this is annoying especially with all the other campiones are killing gods and gaining new ones......i guess thats the curse of a main character.

Always being the underdog, overcoming adversity, defeating enemies but never killing them, having a harem, not indulging in the harem... its so sad

Despite all that i still love this series its the best light novel at the moment for me
Old 2012-09-25, 05:12   Link #4156
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
so all these gods godou have killed......well beaten and not one authority is gain this author is pissing me off.
Whats gonna happen in the rest of the series? the same thing? someone else doing a killing blow/letting them go/doing a team kill. God this is annoying especially with all the other campiones are killing gods and gaining new ones......i guess thats the curse of a main character.

Always being the underdog, overcoming adversity, defeating enemies but never killing them, having a harem, not indulging in the harem... its so sad

Despite all that i still love this series its the best light novel at the moment for me
That's because the Persian Warlord is a defective authority. It is able to do the job, but not finish it. It can draw battles, but because of limitations, always allow opponents to get away.Also, Godou never defeated any of his enemies by himself. If you think about it, he only defeated Verethragna because V-tan was already weakened in his fight with Melqart. As for the fight with Melqart, it was a draw. The fight with Doni was also a draw. In the fight with Athena, he won because Erica helped him. As for the fight with Voban, he only 'won' because Voban was a man of his word. As for the fight with Perseus, he drawed again, and would have been killed if neither A-tan nor Liliana helped him. As for the Kusanagi sword, he didn't fight Kusanagi sword with it being wielded by Susanoo himself. For the fight with Sun Wukong, he would have been k.oed by Sun Wukong and his fellow apprentices if he fought them solo.
Spoiler for Fights from untranslated volumes:
It would have been a whole different story if there wasn't any limitations on Godou's authorities. Salvatore Doni would have most likely been electrocuted. Voban would have been incinerated if the Apollo authority was canceled and the horse was usable again. Perseus would again been electrocuted instead of Godou fighting a drawn out, brutal melee battle with him--thus causing him to pass out at the end of the fight--allowing Perseus to escape .

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-09-25 at 06:36.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 05:56   Link #4157
Insane
Banned

Seems like the author have a thing with steel. Heck, that steel, this steel. Just make any god as steel and we get a story!
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 06:14   Link #4158
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
That's because the Persian Warlord is a defective authority. It is able to do the job, but not finish it. It can draw battles, but because of limitations, always allow opponents to get away.Also, Godou never defeated any of his enemies by himself. If you think about it, he only defeated Verethragna because V-tan was already weakened in his fight with Melqart. As for the fight with Melqart, it was a draw. The fight with Doni was also a draw. In the fight with Athena, he won because Erica helped him. As for the fight with Voban, he only 'won' because Voban was a man of his word. As for the fight with Perseus, he drawed again, and would have been killed if neither A-tan nor Liliana helped him. For the fight with Sun Wukong, he would have been k.oed by Sun Wukong and his fellow apprentices if he fought them solo.
Spoiler for Fights from untranslated volumes:
so in other words his weak as shit and cant win any battle.....
Old 2012-09-25, 10:07   Link #4159
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Its more like Godou's opponents are overpowered, notice how they're all high-tier gods(sans perseus and v12/13 villans. Besides, a useless harem in this kind of story is stupid.
Old 2012-09-25, 10:54   Link #4160
Key Board
Carbon

too many cooks ruin the broth

if you give Godou too many abilities, you will ruin what is distinct about him

plus, he already has a talking sword

A TALKING SWORD.. if fantasy fiction has taught me anything, that is a the mark of a true protagonist
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem