AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-22, 14:28   Link #1941
Kadi
知識の探求者

You know, I also want Athena to be part of the harem and all, but there is the power issue and, more importantly,...

Spoiler for V9 end:
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 14:46   Link #1942
Miraluka
Banned

If fools can make the impossible to be possible then why not something like making Athena to return?
Also narrative and afterwords didn't left me the impression of being the last we saw of her.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 15:03   Link #1943
Kadi
知識の探求者

I know what you're talking about, but... as I said here. And some time ago, too. Godou can't do anything about it, neither can she, and nobody else would care, so what's she gonna do?
Old 2012-07-22, 15:44   Link #1944
Athena
The Power of One

Everyone likes Athena. Though personally, she isn't going to pop up if Jou-chan doesn't find a way to take her back. My guess is that
Spoiler for :

That is unless she ges the CampionexHeretic-God ending, a possibility.
Old 2012-07-22, 16:18   Link #1945
Kadi
知識の探求者

Her ending is plenty tragic already. So are her beginnings. And most of what's in between... Except for that one nighttime date + cruise with Godou, it's all tragedy...
Old 2012-07-22, 16:51   Link #1946
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
I know what you're talking about, but... as I said here. And some time ago, too. Godou can't do anything about it, neither can she, and nobody else would care, so what's she gonna do?
He could always Screw Destiny, right? Besides, if she never went back to the God's Realm, she might have been captured or sealed right after "dying", and is being used as a sacrifice or something.
Old 2012-07-22, 16:55   Link #1947
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Technically, Erica and Ena shouldn't be witches, so I don't know if Lucretia's method of perpetual youth works for them... and I also don't know if that method actually extends her life or if it only keeps up appearances.

Among all the endings I've thought of, the "Godou breaks the god/campione-system and becomes a normal human again, living one lifetime with Erica/his harem" seems the most likely to me. Suddenly discovering the Youth incarnation has a lasting side-effect of immortality would be sooo lame. Unless it's through sleeping with them, that is. "As long as your seed is in the girl, she won't age". ....duhhh.
I think I'd be quite irritated if that was the ending to the story. Not that I don't think Godou deserves a nice "retirement" if he's done a ton of work.. BUT:

"You happened to be birthed at the right time and place and are now the one who will fulfil the end of the cycle and the blah blah something something prophecy" or "You are the CHOSEN one, I mean.. Campione + Fated Hero = DOUBLE CHOSEN!" just feels like a cop out to me.

This cycle of birth and death of Campiones and the cycle of heretical gods shaking off their bonds and disappearing only to return has lasted thousands of years and it's going to end now? Seriously?
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 17:48   Link #1948
Athena
The Power of One

My guess is that Godou gets some bittersweet ending. Such as he takes all the girls with him and say "Hum, Let's fight together, OK?" as ending. Or his grandson is with him and asks "Dad, how was mom like" and Godou simply smiles and passes away like Kiritsugu did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
He could always Screw Destiny, right? Besides, if she never went back to the God's Realm, she might have been captured or sealed right after "dying", and is being used as a sacrifice or something.
That'd be fine, though "Screw destiny" is often used In desperation by some authors, so I don't know.
Old 2012-07-22, 20:02   Link #1949
Miraluka
Banned

Wouldn't it be something more like "he who defies destiny"? I mean Godou being the one who holds Verethragna's traits of victory gives him the possibilities to fight and be successful at situation where others fails.
Old 2012-07-22, 21:01   Link #1950
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

the one who makes the impossible possible ... ( this will turn into gundam...... ¬¬)
Old 2012-07-22, 21:18   Link #1951
Athena
The Power of One

Question is how she is going to be brought back. No one will cry out sorowness if she comes back, but the question is how.

And zzhk. Thanks a lot.
Old 2012-07-22, 21:23   Link #1952
zzhk
Summary Machine

By the way, Volume 3 is truly done now (other than random typos).
I ended up re-translating most of Chapter 1, so I encourage people to re-read the prologue and chapter 1.

The previous translator had a ton of errors and omissions.

And I can't believe the author actually spoiled the plot twist about John Pluto Smith in the afterword, 3 volumes before the first appearance of JPS.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 21:34   Link #1953
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

really? ill go read that now
thank you zzhk
Old 2012-07-22, 21:38   Link #1954
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
By the way, Volume 3 is truly done now (other than random typos).
I ended up re-translating most of Chapter 1, so I encourage people to re-read the prologue and chapter 1.

The previous translator had a ton of errors and omissions.

And I can't believe the author actually spoiled the plot twist about John Pluto Smith in the afterword, 3 volumes before the first appearance of JPS.
Sans might have done the trasnaltion with the Chinese novels found on the net. They are often more "official" than correct.
Old 2012-07-22, 21:39   Link #1955
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Thanks zzhk And right up when I don't have anything to read too

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 21:51   Link #1956
zzhk
Summary Machine

Well, the version used was clearly the fan translated one at L**htNov**.cn, so I don't blame him/her for the missing chunk from Yuri's confrontation with Godou.

However, there are lots of factual errors such as the population of Sardinia is not ten thousand, Italy's north is the richer part not the south, Kusanagi Ichirou was a graduate student, not a high school student, calling sake wine, etc etc... Some of it is just plain sloppy.

What I found the most objectionable though, was omission of details for no apparent reason. Liberal paraphrasing is fine, but I believe there should be no loss of information. For example, if someone picks up something from the table, and you describe it as simply picking up the object, that seems so pointless.

Anyway, this proves I'm not suited to be an editor because I'll just end up re-translating things. Though Kadi's "translator" for Volumes 2 and 5 is fine.
Old 2012-07-22, 22:04   Link #1957
whsie

Well, Chinese translators can use the published translation up to volume 7. The translations after that are fan based on lightn----.cn
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 22:10   Link #1958
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix221186 View Post
the one who makes the impossible possible ... ( this will turn into gundam...... ¬¬)
Every shounen has that premise, even Naruto...
Old 2012-07-22, 22:25   Link #1959
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Well, Chinese translators can use the published translation up to volume 7. The translations after that are fan based on lightn----.cn
The fan translations are fine, mostly... In fact, sometimes it's the "official" version that is flawed due to scanning errors.

If I didn't make myself clear, I'm just complaining about the previous translator at Baka-Tsuki who stopped after Chapter 1, but it turns out the work he/she did was sub par.
Old 2012-07-22, 22:40   Link #1960
whsie

well yeah, the current Campione translator on that site is good (the one with a Charlotte avatar from Infinite Stratos). Don't know if he or she is the same one as the early volumes.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem