AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-10-24, 18:17   Link #1301
hahaudon_ts

Spoiler for Tenshi Ni Fureta Yo Full Lyrics:
hahaudon_ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 18:47   Link #1302
Ballad
robots & skateboards

This is a great album, I can't stop listening to it.
Ballad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 20:48   Link #1303
Blade-X

For the new album, is there any difference between the previous Pure Pure Heart and the new one released (Studio Mix)?

I'll be repeating this album for a few weeks. =P
Old 2010-10-24, 20:52   Link #1304
Midori Sakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade-X View Post
For the new album, is there any difference between the previous Pure Pure Heart and the new one released (Studio Mix)?

I'll be repeating this album for a few weeks. =P
I do believe the new Studio Mix is exactly the same as the previous version. Same goes for all the other duplicated songs.

As for the Cassette Mix versions... I've been repeating all of them just because they sound amazing
Old 2010-10-25, 01:31   Link #1305
chickdigger802

So whats the difference between the 2 mixes? Is Cassette more closely related to 'live' versions in previous singles?
chickdigger802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 01:34   Link #1306
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
So whats the difference between the 2 mixes? Is Cassette more closely related to 'live' versions in previous singles?
Just imagine it like this:

The studio mix is what you'd actually hear on a band's CD. Just the tracks themselves, nothing else.

The cassette mix was where they shoved in all the bonuses. The voice actors count down sounds, talk afterwards, and other little things too.
Old 2010-10-25, 02:30   Link #1307
hahaudon_ts

Actually The Disc Mix got "Interlude" and the song "Houkago Tea Time"(But without some old songs in the 1 st Hokago Tea Time album)

The Cassette Mix just like the Cassette that the girls made in ep 23, it include the Introduction Talk (ep 23 in the anime) and all of the song sound like "Live Mix", afterwards there is a short talk between girls and Yui press the button of Cassette for record . So the Cassette Mix make us feel like "HTT are real and they recorded this cassette"

Yeah Kind of like that(Hope you know what i mean, i am not good at English )
hahaudon_ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 02:30   Link #1308
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

And the songs in cassette mix are actually newly recorded. If you pay attention to the vocals, they sound a little bit different compared to the original versions. The instruments are also played a bit differently which is good
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 06:46   Link #1309
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

The songs on the live cassette are also played worse
And yeah, little things like Mio and Yui switching parts in Fuwa Fuwa were there.
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 07:20   Link #1310
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
The songs on the live cassette are also played worse
And yeah, little things like Mio and Yui switching parts in Fuwa Fuwa were there.
Really? ^^; because I think it's only the arrangements that have changed. Some instrument tunes are added, some are changed / simplified. The tempo etc. is fine to me, at least it's not like the first fuwa2 time we heard back in s1 (when Sawako was just forced to be an advisor)

Yep, aside from the vocal switches, the intonations in some parts of the song are also a bit different. They have more "live" feel of course
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 08:33   Link #1311
Saphira Veera
*Author

I totally loved the part at the end of Samidare Love 20 (#Houkago Mix)... Rikopin~

Sakura Kyouko

Last edited by Saphira Veera; 2010-10-26 at 06:19. Reason: Just found out in a forum that Lycopene is actually a mistranslation of dekopin.
Saphira Veera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 15:15   Link #1312
chickdigger802

They have a pretty damn good cassette recorder =P

I'm kinda bummed that all the new songs and s2 songs on the cassette mix still sound fairly similar to the studio mix. A little too much chorus imo.

Speaking of which, anyone else think those new songs feel 'out of place'? They seem to have way more complex melodies and 'aggressive' (sorry, been ages since I've taken a music course, forgot like all the terms >.>") than something HTT would do.

Still... good stuff. They probably will release another version of this when movie hits >.>"
chickdigger802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 17:15   Link #1313
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
They have a pretty damn good cassette recorder =P

I'm kinda bummed that all the new songs and s2 songs on the cassette mix still sound fairly similar to the studio mix. A little too much chorus imo.

Speaking of which, anyone else think those new songs feel 'out of place'? They seem to have way more complex melodies and 'aggressive' (sorry, been ages since I've taken a music course, forgot like all the terms >.>") than something HTT would do.

Still... good stuff. They probably will release another version of this when movie hits >.>"
Yeah, I'm surprised at the quality that cassette can pick up xD
And I know what you're talking about the new songs being out of place, but I can't describe it... I'm a little upset we didn't get another rock tune like No,Thank You!!. All the songs sound like they could be great anime openings too :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Really? ^^; because I think it's only the arrangements that have changed. Some instrument tunes are added, some are changed / simplified. The tempo etc. is fine to me, at least it's not like the first fuwa2 time we heard back in s1 (when Sawako was just forced to be an advisor)

Yep, aside from the vocal switches, the intonations in some parts of the song are also a bit different. They have more "live" feel of course
Oh :S Maybe they were just played simpler but I kind of mistook it as worse. Like in My Love is a Stapler/Watashi no Koi wa Hotchkiss.
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 21:44   Link #1314
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
Wow, this album rocks!!!

Tenshi no fureta yo~~ i love this song. I knew it turns out to be great. The reason is because they all sing together. Well yeah, except Azusa.
it makes the singing less boring- because of the variation in the vocals. Ritsu has her cute voices as always.
The most surprising thing is Mugi. I think she has a nice voice like Mio as well. Her vocal can be powerful and i definitely like her solo for the song 'honey sweet time'.

Almost every tracks in the album sounded fresh and nice.
Houkago tea time like mentioned, have 80% similarities with dragonball GT OST .
I'm rating this album for 4/5.
VEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 08:36   Link #1315
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

WOOT!!! EFFIN LOVE FUYU NO HI!!! MITSU CANONIZATION!!! lol.

AI RABU ZISU ARUBAMU BERI MACHU!!!! XDD

Last edited by BaKaBaKaOtaKu; 2010-11-10 at 08:38.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 18:12   Link #1316
Midori Sakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
WOOT!!! EFFIN LOVE FUYU NO HI!!! MITSU CANONIZATION!!! lol.

AI RABU ZISU ARUBUM BERI MACHU!!!!
Now, if only we could get Mio to actually do the vocals!
Old 2010-10-27, 00:59   Link #1317
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midori Sakura View Post
Now, if only we could get Mio to actually do the vocals!
Mio's too shy to do that. Probably the main reason Yui is singing it the first place. Anyway, I prefer to interpret that as Mio trolling Ritsu. It's funnier that way . I mean why would she suddenly use boku when she never used it in her other songs. (I think)
krko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 04:42   Link #1318
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Mio's too shy to do that. Probably the main reason Yui is singing it the first place. Anyway, I prefer to interpret that as Mio trolling Ritsu. It's funnier that way . I mean why would she suddenly use boku when she never used it in her other songs. (I think)

LOL. i think so too. but well, maybe they wanted to TONE DOWN the YURI-NESS of it. i'm pretty hoping for kyoani to somehow make use of the song IF ever they'd work on the...

Spoiler for do i still need to put a tag on this...:

that'd be awesome!!
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 11:06   Link #1319
Bolt237

Fuyo no Hi has no yuri subtext. Jesus christ people. Mio sent Ritsu the lyrics and meant nothing of it, and a lot of their songs are hetero love songs.

"Houkago Tea Time" was a nice way to end the first half, I think. It kind of strayed from the usual but it was all like "Hey thank you for watching and listening, now have a nice day"
Bolt237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 19:17   Link #1320
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

I think "Ichigo Parfait ga Tomaranai" was the best out of all the song, Yui's voice is soooooooo cute! But "Honey Sweet Tea Time" was also very good.
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote