AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-08-17, 11:46   Link #1881
kitten320

Looks like OP didn't spoil that much, some of the thing appeared to be surprise. Especially the so called Medusa girl, the rule writer and having to fight each other.
Old 2010-08-17, 12:03   Link #1882
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Looks like OP didn't spoil that much, some of the thing appeared to be surprise. Especially the so called Medusa girl, the rule writer and having to fight each other.
No, it did spoil a fair bit. It just to not spoil some things.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 12:16   Link #1883
kitten320

Well who is going to fight them isn't really that important, the only surprise seems to be the beer drinker.

And I was expecting Mirjana o get her powers back sooner or later.
Old 2010-08-17, 12:59   Link #1884
Krono

Quote:
Well who is going to fight them isn't really that important, the only surprise seems to be the beer drinker.

And I was expecting Mirjana o get her powers back sooner or later.
Spoiler for Figure I'll be safe than sorry. Eps 40-42:
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 15:35   Link #1885
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im finally going to get my epic fight im finally going to get it. I just have to be patient and i wish someone wold make my bad ass Natsu avi
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 06:12   Link #1886
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Spoiler for Figure I'll be safe than sorry. Eps 40-42:
The statue thing wasn't really ruined since preview for next episode clearly shows some of them in good health.
Old 2010-08-18, 06:21   Link #1887
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
The statue thing wasn't really ruined since preview for next episode clearly shows some of them in good health.
It at least spoiled you before even seeing the preview. Completely destroyed the scene when they were turned to stone, because you knew thanks to the OP that they'd be apart of the battle very soon.

I just don't see why Fairy Tail OP's need to focus on just one arc. If they just went down the path of your everyday OP, with showing scenes of the characters and adding in little hints of upcoming arcs, then we wouldn't have this problem.
Old 2010-08-18, 07:37   Link #1888
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
You simply refuse to understand do you? It's not a matter of "oh it's not a big deal they are shown to be in good health 5+ episodes after the OP began", the whole point is that the OP spoils you about heavy parts of the actual arc for no reason at all.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 11:34   Link #1889
kitten320

Duno, I'm not a manga reader and I don't feel to be spoiled one bit. All of those things were expected to happen sooner or later so I completely don't see a problem there.

1. Laxus planned to take over Fairy Tail so he would attack one day.
2. Mirjana had to get her powers back one day too.
3. Main heroes are always the ones who save the day and actually it isn't confirmed at 100% as to who is going to fight whom. If everyone were not screaming spoilers, someone might have thought that it was just a random pick of characters. Just watch Bleach OP 2 where none of those characters had faced each other, though it looked very believable.
4. Besides there is no way that things would go by Laxus plan anyway so the magic would have to be broken anyway. And right in the middle of the episode, our little grandpa gave an instructions about what to do in order to help them. There was no real pressure in this scene.
5. It was foreshadowed in Lucy arc that Gajeel would be back, the surprise was to see him fight Laxus.
6. Our dear Leo also had to make appearance one day since he is Lucy's fighter.
7. Enemy powers are not that clear in the OP.

Spoilers here are not as heavy as in Bleach latest OP, most of those things were expected to happen. If anything OP makes you more excited and impatient about some coming up moments.

I see completely no problem here.
Old 2010-08-18, 15:56   Link #1890
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^
1. Luxus is a guild member, him attacking was unexpected, even if he looked down on them.
2. Elfman got his powers, I think most peeps would expect him to save the sister he has to make up for the one he lost, even if it means stacking powers on top of one character.
5 and 6. After the tower of paradise, I had totally forgotten about Gazille and Loki, the surprise in their appearances just got diminished a great deal.
7. If they spoiled that too, then I'd just watch the OP of every arc and finish FT in 6 episodes
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 17:28   Link #1891
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
[...]
/facepalm

What the hell are trying to say? I wonder if you even understand what a spoiler is. A spoiler filled OP is still spoiler filled no matter how expected it is or not.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 20:48   Link #1892
larethian

this can be very subjective. I feel some so called spoilers are needed to promote the upcoming arc, and arouse the watching desire and curiosity of the viewers. I mean all movies have trailers right? Do we consider them to be unnecessary spoilers, or something that serves to promote? I personally feel the OP does not have enough length to really spoil something. I mean stuff like new powers or even possible hint of a plot twist do have a spoiler effect, but as long as it's minimal and serves its purpose to promote, and make viewers ask questions like "how did he acquire that?", "why did he do that?", "what happened to him for this to turn out like that?", "I really want to find out about it", then I don't really have any issues with a spoiler here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^
7. If they spoiled that too, then I'd just watch the OP of every arc and finish FT in 6 episodes
this is really exaggerated . i hope you meant it as a joke
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 23:45   Link #1893
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Damn, Lucy's hot. About time we had a Lucy-centric ep, at least the first half.

How can there be a "Strongest in Fairy Tail" contest without Mystogan around?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 01:20   Link #1894
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Damn, Lucy's hot. About time we had a Lucy-centric ep, at least the first half.

How can there be a "Strongest in Fairy Tail" contest without Mystogan around?
Well it's tough to include Mystogan in anything since he's either not around or you are unconscious . Besides Laxus wants to win he can just call Mystogan as losing by default.

Poor Lucy getting her appeal time cut short like that. She really isn't going to win that competition....if anyone remembers to come back and judge it.
Old 2010-08-19, 01:33   Link #1895
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I personally feel the OP does not have enough length to really spoil something. I mean stuff like new powers or even possible hint of a plot twist do have a spoiler effect, but as long as it's minimal and serves its purpose to promote, and make viewers ask questions like "how did he acquire that?", "why did he do that?", "what happened to him for this to turn out like that?", "I really want to find out about it", then I don't really have any issues with a spoiler here and there.
This OP started when we were still in the tower of paradise arc, a single second of the raijinshuu was a huge spoiler at the time...#42 would have been the perfect episode for this OP, since it focuses on the current arc, which has just began.
Quote:
this is really exaggerated . i hope you meant it as a joke
yeah I was just kidding :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 10:17   Link #1896
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
/facepalm

What the hell are trying to say? I wonder if you even understand what a spoiler is. A spoiler filled OP is still spoiler filled no matter how expected it is or not.
i think what most of manga readers don't understand is that most of the "SO CALLED SPOILERS" that you guys go "omg they spoiled this".

to an anime only viewer they don't get spoiled at all and don't see what you see. it would be like if the opening
Spoiler:
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 10:24   Link #1897
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
i think what most of manga readers don't understand is that most of the "SO CALLED SPOILERS" that you guys go "omg they spoiled this".

to an anime only viewer they don't get spoiled at all and don't see what you see. it would be like if the opening
Spoiler:
Nope sorry, I'm an anime-only viewer and I've felt spoiled ever since the op first showed up. It hasn't changed with time, I just skip it a lot and I'm one of those people who actually lets the OP play most of the times (well the average and forgettable song in this latest OP also helps).
Old 2010-08-19, 10:38   Link #1898
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Nope sorry, I'm an anime-only viewer and I've felt spoiled ever since the op first showed up. It hasn't changed with time, I just skip it a lot and I'm one of those people who actually lets the OP play most of the times (well the average and forgettable song in this latest OP also helps).
i've seen more people get spoiled by manga readers going "omg they spoiled this" than any other method

who cares if you are spoiled on who the next boss is or who some match up is. manga readers spoil some of the more detailed intricate things that make the arc what it was.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 12:41   Link #1899
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
who cares if you are spoiled on who the next boss is or who some match up is. manga readers spoil some of the more detailed intricate things that make the arc what it was.
& that hasn't happened in this thread, so there's no point in bringing that argument into it.
Old 2010-08-19, 12:53   Link #1900
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

I still like the "Happy is the true final boss" theory, myself.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen