AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-06, 13:58   Link #2841
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
It is UltraPAR.
I derped.

Anyway, I figured that because of Lambda's role as 'impartial observer' she would have an ability to prevent -something- from happening against her, i.e. meta declaration or combos.
Old 2012-02-06, 14:08   Link #2842
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I derped.

Anyway, I figured that because of Lambda's role as 'impartial observer' she would have an ability to prevent -something- from happening against her, i.e. meta declaration or combos.
Actually, this train of thought isn't as wrong as you think.

What if it gives you the ability to do a meta counter for free? Say, in the case you are in 5 bars each and your enemy calls meta:

Meta call -->Meta cancel (no SP spent) --> Meta rexpansion ---> Meta cancel (2SP bars consumed) --> Meta enforcement ---> Meta Null (another 2 bars consumed). End of chain.

No meta is used, you win the meta fight. In that way the ability could work and it fits the basis of Paper against Rock argument.
Old 2012-02-06, 17:01   Link #2843
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walterion View Post
Actually, this train of thought isn't as wrong as you think.

What if it gives you the ability to do a meta counter for free? Say, in the case you are in 5 bars each and your enemy calls meta:

Meta call -->Meta cancel (no SP spent) --> Meta rexpansion ---> Meta cancel (2SP bars consumed) --> Meta enforcement ---> Meta Null (another 2 bars consumed). End of chain.

No meta is used, you win the meta fight. In that way the ability could work and it fits the basis of Paper against Rock argument.
This is what I was thinking.
Another alternative is a free guard or damage touch (which isn't outside the realm of possibility since Lucifer gets assault touches) but that seems too reliant on you getting hit.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the free meta cancelation makes the most sense.
Or maybe it's not a cancelation, but rather a free meta world? It could work similarly.
Old 2012-02-06, 17:10   Link #2844
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Free Meta Counter would not be possible to impliment as conveniently, because all abilities have something in common: you need a regular touch or meta field to be active. The later is obviously impossible since you can't be in your own meta when the opponent declares theirs. And if it is only the former, it is a very inconvenient ability as you would have to predict -when- your opponent wants to activate his meta and use a regular touch, without being pestered (which can turn into a damage touch without doing it on purpose).

This is also why Free Meta activation would be even more less likely: it would be useless for the latter situation and former situation is quite jarring.
Old 2012-02-06, 17:20   Link #2845
cronnoponno

Perhaps it can be the only ability that is ''permanently on you till used''.

-doesn't stack-

This includes going into second round, therefore, at least in some point in time, you will be able to use it.

But that does sound overpowered...okay how about only activating it through meta makes it permanent, while simply switching partners makes it last a bit longer than an average ability but not permanent?
Old 2012-02-06, 17:39   Link #2846
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

To comment on the speculation on new abilities, I like Nanashi's idea best. Just sayin'. Also, anyone wants to discuss Bern's ability? If I remember correctly, blueversion said it was 'Meta Boost'. I'm gonna throw this out there and say it reduces SP cost of Meta cancels, like Walterion's idea about Lambda. A bit of copypasta(thx Walterion) with edits.
Meta call(you spend no SP) -->Meta cancel (you spend 0 SP) --> Meta rexpansion(you spend 1 bar) ---> Meta null(you spend 1 SP) --> Meta enforcement(1 bar) --->. End of chain.
Old 2012-02-06, 17:43   Link #2847
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

From what I can see with "Meta Boost" it sounds like Bern's ability increase all parameters a bit, or increase the duration of the meta world (which is half good, half bad, as normal touch wouldn't exploit this ability not a single bit).
Old 2012-02-06, 18:02   Link #2848
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
Meta Boost sounds like it boosts Meta, in other words, it makes Meta more effective. I'm on the train of thought that it acts as a parameter boost when inside the Meta-Field, combining Armour Boost and Berserk, or something along those lines.

Ultra PAR...Ultra Parry? Maybe it allows you to perform a free Damage Touch or maybe it just cancels out all abilities.
Old 2012-02-07, 00:02   Link #2849
PrincessFawna

Maybe Bern's power will make your time in the Metaworld last longer...?
Old 2012-02-07, 01:56   Link #2850
Hoshino Kazuki
Loli/Shotacon

I'd like the idea it make you deal more damage and reduce the damage you take while in metaworld?
Old 2012-02-07, 02:08   Link #2851
Oblivion

Any ideas on what Will's ability will be or is it already confirmed somewhere?
Old 2012-02-07, 10:24   Link #2852
immblueversion

Will's ability is called "Chain Boost."

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2012-02-07, 14:22   Link #2853
Meltyred

So it has to do with combos?
Maybe like the higher the combo count the more damage?
Old 2012-02-08, 02:07   Link #2854
SkullClad
Shadow Keeper

Send a message via MSN to SkullClad
Maybe it works like the Drive Gauge in KOF XIII, allowing to link attacks to perform combos easier.
Old 2012-02-08, 02:47   Link #2855
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
So it has to do with combos?
Maybe like the higher the combo count the more damage?
Or something like reducing proration.
Old 2012-02-08, 09:36   Link #2856
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullClad View Post
Maybe it works like the Drive Gauge in KOF XIII, allowing to link attacks to perform combos easier.
The probloem I see with that is, what we can't link already ? considering how the practicla combos happen it might work by decreasing the push vel of attacks, that would be good for characters like battler and shannon, not so much for kanon and lucifer.
Old 2012-02-08, 10:17   Link #2857
Nanashi_1337

Well, the theory we came up with in some pages before is that it may make the damage reduction trigger later (or apply less damage reduction in a combo). I have another one though, and it is that it makes the partner recover power faster the longer the combo is.
Old 2012-02-09, 22:55   Link #2858
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Is there anything in particular you need to do to unlock the GUEST pictures?
I have unlocked every USER picture just through versus mode, and a few of the ENDING ones. The only times I really seem to be getting GUEST ones is by losing to B.Battler on a team without an ending.
Or it might just be random.
Old 2012-02-10, 08:51   Link #2859
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

To unlock the guest endings, simply beat the game with an non-canon ending team, say like Ange and Kanon on any mode.

Old 2012-02-10, 16:15   Link #2860
reiimuuchan

I'm pretty sure you can unlock the guest endings just completing an arcade run with any team? It works for me when I used Ronove/Evatrice on hard.
Closed Thread