3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-08-03, 17:53   Link #21
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Man, this episode put tears into my eyes; literally. That beginning was just so emotional, I can't even put into words how much I was moved. And Koyomi's entrance....I mean, after Black Hanekawa failed, I just felt in my gut it HAD to happen. Even so, seeing Tsubasa getting so emotional after his return was just too much for my eyes to bear (;_; ).

After all this time, a part of me knew...or felt, that Tsubasa and Koyomi belonged together. I had an intuition that Hitagi was more self-sufficient than Tsubasa was, and thus it was Tsubasa that needed Koyomi's love more. I wasn't really pitying Tsubasa; I just thought they made the better couple, but after this episode, it made me realize that lack of accepting all facets of herself was what really caused me to ship them together. The moment she let her feelings be known to Koyomi, and was rejected right after, I no longer felt that she needed him to live, or to love. I am finally able to let go of that shipping, though I'm sure the tiniest spark between them in the future could instantly shift me back the other way =03.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 18:04   Link #22
Entravity

Beautiful, beautiful episode. Very well executed and just the internal growth of a character is fantastic. Araragi is a bonus. Can't be any happier about how this arc ends.
Old 2013-08-03, 18:38   Link #23
Humble Loser
Spineless Main Character

There is a saying that "you cannot win for losing" but Hanekawa challenges that statement by being rejected by Araragi and "losing" yet somehow gaining something from the pain. Episodes like this are why this series is one of my favorites. Hanekawa's stripped hair reminded me of Rogue from the X-Men in a sort of way. She's too young to be gray-haired but now she is.
Humble Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 20:19   Link #24
Wigwams

very emotional and no fan service! beautiful!
Old 2013-08-03, 20:31   Link #25
Clarste
Human

Maybe it's just because I'm cynical, but I thought the best part was how even though getting rejected by Araragi turned out to be a big part of her catharsis, the story was never really about her doomed love. Even though it talked a lot about jealousy, it never meant the plain and boring jealousy of Senjougara winning the harem war, but rather her general and omnipresent jealousy over everyone who never had to suffer like she did. Jealousy over Senjougahara's relationship with her father, jealousy over Araragi's relationship with his sisters, jealousy over her own parents' relationship with each other... These were all clear themes present throughout the entire arc in every episode, and possibly because I'm a heartless robot I find them much easier to relate to than a simple "boohoo he doesn't love me" thing.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 20:41   Link #26
b10nutz

Great episode finally Hanekawa gained a personality, no more I accept everything as it is all normal, I will be looking forward to see how she will evolve from now on.

Araragi's entrance was perfect and for the first time he manages to defeat an oddity without having beaten to dead first although it was a sneak attack. Also I think that blade could use a hilt.

I guess next episode we will have a new ARC.
b10nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 22:44   Link #27
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Not bad. I wasn't expecting her to finally confess to Araragi but it worked. She had to come to a catharsis somehow.

And that hair Kind of makes her look like a shonen heroine now.

Too bad Araragi is with Senjou though; I kind of think he and Tsubasa are adorable together.
Old 2013-08-03, 23:21   Link #28
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
very emotional and no fan service! beautiful!
Araragi plunging a sword into the tiger and kicking ass is the fan service. Naked girls arnt the only type of service. Girls want to be pander to too.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 23:21   Link #29
Romanticide

where's the news source on the next ep being a recap??
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 23:24   Link #30
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
where's the news source on the next ep being a recap??
The actual episode itself. At about the 8:40 mark. To make it worse, it says "Recap episode I".

Does that mean we are going to get recap II and III? Most problematic...
Old 2013-08-03, 23:31   Link #31
Arararagi-Senpai

Great episode. Araragi rejecting her was easily the best part, it showed a clear turning point in which Hanekawa became, well, a person.

The montage at the beginning was also very well done.
Arararagi-Senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 23:34   Link #32
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Did my siscon-lolicon-womanizing-super M Araragi just have a cool moment? Yes, yes he did.
Old 2013-08-03, 23:50   Link #33
Romanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The actual episode itself. At about the 8:40 mark. To make it worse, it says "Recap episode I".

Does that mean we are going to get recap II and III? Most problematic...
um, maybe they meant the recap of hanekawa's thoughts?
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 23:53   Link #34
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

well I was kinda expecting our duo heroine will heroically solve this "tiger" problem by themselves...

well doesn't matter anymore since Araragi is quite cool by himself this episode

so next episode is our snai...wait what? recap after only 5 episodes?
Old 2013-08-04, 00:09   Link #35
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
well I was kinda expecting our duo heroine will heroically solve this "tiger" problem by themselves...

well doesn't matter anymore since Araragi is quite cool by himself this episode

so next episode is our snai...wait what? recap after only 5 episodes?
If you think about it it's mostly fair. Araragi never once solved anything by himself after all. For a series that constantly refrains "only you can safe yourself" it sure is about people helping each other out.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 01:14   Link #36
Dawn
^o^

Deftly handled Shaft. You won the cupcake.
The art was brilliant in every scene. The soliloquy/montage and the animation for the Sawari Neko fight was just beautiful. That first nyaa was truly epic.

Its funny; in fights from the previous arcs Koyomi either: got completely wrecked (monkey, snake, Yodzuru) or did not a whole lot (Kaiki, crab).
And yet he manned up and became the badass in the end.

Also, once again, i'm torn on who is best girl. Probably still Hitagi ><
No wait. Shinobu.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 02:48   Link #37
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Wow... That's really a straight forward answer. On top of that, he answered her without any hesitation and with a smile too. Even if you are not Hanekawa fan, it can still make you feel sympathy for her. Such an amazing episode. A very nice conclusion for Hanekawa arc. The music is also top notch.
At lest he didn't boot her aside and disappear, never to be seen again...
Old 2013-08-04, 03:46   Link #38
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Man, this episode put tears into my eyes; literally. That beginning was just so emotional, I can't even put into words how much I was moved. And Koyomi's entrance....I mean, after Black Hanekawa failed, I just felt in my gut it HAD to happen. Even so, seeing Tsubasa getting so emotional after his return was just too much for my eyes to bear (;_; ).

After all this time, a part of me knew...or felt, that Tsubasa and Koyomi belonged together. I had an intuition that Hitagi was more self-sufficient than Tsubasa was, and thus it was Tsubasa that needed Koyomi's love more. I wasn't really pitying Tsubasa; I just thought they made the better couple, but after this episode, it made me realize that lack of accepting all facets of herself was what really caused me to ship them together. The moment she let her feelings be known to Koyomi, and was rejected right after, I no longer felt that she needed him to live, or to love. I am finally able to let go of that shipping, though I'm sure the tiniest spark between them in the future could instantly shift me back the other way =03.
So does that mean you share similar view with Araragi and the Tiger: prefer seeing Tsubasa as pure and flawless being?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 04:01   Link #39
monir
cho~ kakkoii

For a change, it's not Araragi who is taking a summarily bloody beating! I won't even ask why Koyomi's clothing is all torn up like that. The episode was engrossing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
So does that mean you share similar view with Araragi and the Tiger: prefer seeing Tsubasa as pure and flawless being?
Haven't you misunderstood something there? On the contrary, Koyomi prefers the Hanekawa with all her flaws. The tiger (the manly sister), on the other hand, doesn't even exist without her very flaws.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 04:21   Link #40
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Kind of down about the recap, but I'm not all that bothered by it either. Just too bad we'll wait another week before getting fresh material.

Kind of surprising that Araragi just gets to show up and look cool for once. Have to say the image that still sticks with me is this guy getting beaten like a rag doll. For once got to look awesome. Just annihilating that Tiger with the sword. Certainly Hanekawa's resistance might not have done a lot in terms of stopping the Tiger, but it gave Araragi time. The time that was desperately needed to avoid a tragedy.

As to the confession I like how it was handled. Hanekawa finally expressed her feelings. Too late to get the guy and not something he didn't know, but it was necessary for her to say it herself. Glad he was straightforward in his response. It really does mean a lot for him to hear that, but he loves Senjougahara.

Will say the tiger hairstyle for Hanekawa is actually really awesome. I still think short hair works well on her and that coloring even more so. Though I still stand by the belief that Senjougahara is actually better off with long hair.