Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-09, 18:54   Link #101
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-inada/.207370

Tetsu Inada is Cupiridas in case no one knows.
I can't wait for the other legendary seiyuu who will get to say "ga-ga-pi" .
Old 2024-02-10, 06:14   Link #102
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I was pretty unhappy with Isami's "victory" (as it was based on sucker punches), but Lulu sucker kicking him in the soup made it better.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-10, 08:11   Link #103
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I was pretty unhappy with Isami's "victory" (as it was based on sucker punches), but Lulu sucker kicking him in the soup made it better.
Not gonna lie, Isami may be "The Chosen One", but Smith is more like the main hero of this story...
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-10, 09:12   Link #104
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Whoa... Bravern has an in-universe sentai show.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-10, 19:38   Link #105
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So after "Superbia" there's "Cupiditas"?

I'm sensing a theme here.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-14, 06:45   Link #106
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Dayumn.... I didn't expect we got such an homoerotic episode. It's like Masami Obari watched Shinji and Kaworu and wanted to create a duo able to surpass them.
Old 2024-02-14, 11:50   Link #107
Gunpla King
Gunpla Builder & Battler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Dayumn.... I didn't expect we got such an homoerotic episode. It's like Masami Obari watched Shinji and Kaworu and wanted to create a duo able to surpass them.
actually it is a joke that in Masami Obari's past works the way his male characters interact with each other gave out homo vibes whether it was by accident or intentional is unknown, one of the examples is Virus Buster Serge.
- Gundam Build Fighters Try
- Gundam Build Divers
- Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise
- Gundam Build Real
- Gundam Breaker
- Gundam Build Metaverse
Gunpla King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-15, 13:32   Link #108
Frontier

Isami and Lewis are leading the vanguard to Japan! And they have to confirm if there are any survivors before they bombard Japan! It's a pretty big deal, but with Bravern onboard, everything will be okay! He even says as much !

Lulu pouts are so cute. And of course they couldn't stop her from basically forcing herself onto Lewis' Mecha and following him. Lewis' face when he realizes she's there !

I love how Bravern's entrance is subdued by his standards but still has him posing and yelling his name .

Isami and Bravern fight better together now and Lewis even gets a kill! They make a good team/trio together !

Isami is desperate to find survivors and stop his homeland from being bombarded, a bombardment that would even come from actual Japanese forces, but they can't seem to find anyone while the Deathdrivers are coming at them. It's all he can do is make an impassioned plea from the sky so that someone, ANYONE, hears him and comes out of hiding .

But luckily his efforts weren't for nothing as the last bit of resistance in Japan shows up including the two ladies from the OP, Akira and Sherry !

Though they're too late to stop the ships from firing, luckily Bravern has Gundam F91 wings and can hijack the missles and direct them to the Deathdrivers and save everyone! It would totally be a red flag were this not a Super Robot show and not super epic !

They really can't hold a single meeting without Bravern showing up and regaling everyone with the next chapter of the ongoing saga of Bravern. Poor Hal .

Lewis' luck with the ladies is looking up. He's got Akira all flustered with some light flirting and Sherry wants to take him out to dinner. Nice .

Superbia is back!? And with a shock fist from Bravern, he finally speaks...and he's Tomokazu Sugita!? Convenient of Bravern to finally let Superbia properly communicate with everyone...and Mayu thinks he's hot .

So Superbia didn't get the memo and obvious that Bravern is...BRAVERN! Well, any excuse for Bravern to do his introduction and bring back his logo and everything I guess .

Superbia is a respectful rival who wants to battle Bravern with his full power, and to achieve that...Superbia is there for Lulu? Is she really the core of Superbia !?
Old 2024-02-15, 13:44   Link #109
Blaat

Bravern projecting the intro screen behind him was brilliant.
Old 2024-02-15, 13:44   Link #110
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I mean her being Superbia's pilot was kind of obvious.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-15, 17:38   Link #111
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

I can't get over how bloody polite Superbia is
Old 2024-02-15, 19:13   Link #112
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I mean her being Superbia's pilot was kind of obvious.
I'm not sure if she was his pilot per se but she seemed important to him functioning at full power.
Old 2024-02-15, 21:14   Link #113
HandofFate

who's the voice actress to Lt.Mishima?
Old 2024-02-15, 23:21   Link #114
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...oshida/.207645

Shiori Izawa - Akira Mishima
Saki Yoshida - Shelley Rolen

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2024-02-15, 23:56   Link #115
Frontier

Looking forward to their future interaction with Lewis .
Old 2024-02-18, 04:22   Link #116
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Sixth PV. I forgot about this.

And it seems more webradio episodes are cranked out. I need to catch up since the fourth episode seemingly (can't tell from thumbnail) has Aizawa again as the guest...

Old 2024-02-19, 06:26   Link #117
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

There is something weird about the latest episode. It's like the writers merged two episodes into one. Still, it kinda feels Isamu is really being overshadowed by his own talking robot. Then again, creating a character striking enough to match the robot seems hard.
Old 2024-02-19, 09:07   Link #118
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Listening to the third web radio episode.

* The hosts (Yohei and Ryota) grilled Saya's experience in voicing Lulu, especially with using the "ka ga pi" line. Seems like half of the episode is just this. Bravern's one of the few (original) animes that she gets to have a major role.

* The three having a good laugh when they talk about Obari.

* Yohei/Ryota doing a segment called "Bravern, iyada". Not sure what the other parts were spoken (about)...

* They (Saya not included) were talking about a male high school student who likes someone and tries to propose... I laughed a bit since they went off-topic and not on Bravern content... I think it's from one of the submitted letters to the show (may have missed more details). I guess that they do this (like most web radio shows in sometimes going off topic just to make the show lively).

* I laughed at a recorded voice of Ryota being played with the "What the hell is this music?!" line.

* Saya spoke about the Wonder Festival that recently took place and she announced it (2/11).

* The release of the show's Blu-Ray was released. Other BB-related vids mention the first released on May.

Old 2024-02-19, 10:17   Link #119
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
There is something weird about the latest episode. It's like the writers merged two episodes into one. Still, it kinda feels Isamu is really being overshadowed by his own talking robot. Then again, creating a character striking enough to match the robot seems hard.
Isamu's definitely being overshadowed by Bravern. And by Lewis Smith. And by Lulu. And by the mechanic. And the operator. And the women pilots. Possibly by the hotel receptionist in ep3.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-19, 10:23   Link #120
Gunpla King
Gunpla Builder & Battler

Superbia isn't the first time Sugita voiced a giant robot as he is also Chamber in Suisei no Gargantia and not really anime but Tokusatsu that is a Super Sentai series that is the mecha Mashin Oradin from Mashin Sentai Kirameiger.
- Gundam Build Fighters Try
- Gundam Build Divers
- Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise
- Gundam Build Real
- Gundam Breaker
- Gundam Build Metaverse
Gunpla King is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, super robot