AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters ~Refrain~ - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 16 45.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 37.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 2.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-12, 16:35   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Little Busters ~Refrain~ - Episode 2 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Little Busters ~Refrain~, Episode 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-10-12, 16:44   Link #2
MCAL

You know, that was a brilliant way of executing events of Kurugaya's route with the limited amount of episodes they have. As a Kurugaya route fan (She was my favorite heroine route in the game), I am impressed.

And have I mentioned how much better Rin is compared to the VN. Like, it's pretty staggering how much better a character she is.
Old 2013-10-12, 16:44   Link #3
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Well, the plot thickens. Finally.
I enjoyed the episode, it's one of the funniest so far for the most part, though I have to say the romance stuff felt rather sudden and there is not nearly enough development between Riki and Yuiko to make it believable for me.

Poor Rin. I do hope her turn will come.

Also, as someone unlearned in the art of moonrunes, I have to say the whole Loli (21) thing went over my head completely. ;_;
Old 2013-10-12, 16:55   Link #4
Crashmaking Zoomatic
Umu.

Kurugaya's always been my favorite heroine too, and though I've seen quite a few people complaining, I think her route's been wonderful so far! The romance was a little sudden, but that can't be helped with three episodes per girl, I suppose. I can still understand why, considering how he saw this new side of his teammate, and with the way she flirts with him~.

Bro hang out time was great, as always--they're a bunch of idiots, but that's what makes them so great, and poor Rin got jealous.~ Gonna' have to agree with you again, MCAL, when you say that Rin's a lot better character in the anime! I think her development near the beginning (what with her shyness and all) could have been handled better, but she's already a lot better than her game counterpart.
Old 2013-10-12, 16:56   Link #5
ChampDream
Alive

it was a really enjoyable episode, Kyosuke's imagination always suprise me, the (21) came out of nowhere for me, Kengo reaction to the word love was hilarious and the firework scene was beautiful.
Old 2013-10-12, 17:02   Link #6
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Overall despite the fact that I felt some pacing and scene placements problems in this episode, it was pretty enjoyable to watch. I wish they'd expand more on the Loli Loli Hunters and Kurugaya though...

Rin's lonely firework scene was really a nice touch to the episode. That makes me just more impatient for her turn.
Old 2013-10-12, 17:09   Link #7
Zankoku12

There were no Love love hunter.......I feel like I was just being robbed >.>
Anyway,put aside the next to zero relationship build up,the pacing,music placement and whatever.Making Rin look all sad/jealous in this ep is the worst thing they could ever do to Kurugaya.
For me,it should be Kurugaya that people feel sad about after watching this.

Annnnd whoever got the (21)th post in this thread is a lolicon.
Old 2013-10-12, 17:10   Link #8
Serphirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
..though I have to say the romance stuff felt rather sudden and there is not nearly enough development between Riki and Yuiko to make it believable for me.
Just remember Kyousuke: "Love requires no reason. That is what makes it love!"

Solid episode, my favorite so far.
Seriously, my hope is renewed with this second season, the contrast is so enormous with the first one, that is almost as if I were watching another story.
It really deserves to be called the ~After Story~ of LB!
Old 2013-10-12, 17:16   Link #9
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serphirs View Post
Just remember Kyousuke: "Love requires no reason. That is what makes it love!"
Can't argue with that logic.
Old 2013-10-12, 17:20   Link #10
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serphirs View Post
Seriously, my hope is renewed with this second season, the contrast is so enormous with the first one, that is almost as if I were watching another story.
It really deserves to be called the ~After Story~ of LB!
Actually, Yuiko's arc has nothing to do with the "after story" portion, as it is an heroine arc like the other ones in S1. You could actually swap its timing with any other one and it would have been the same.

In short, you rather enjoyed Yuiko's arc compared to the first season.
Old 2013-10-12, 17:22   Link #11
Crashmaking Zoomatic
Umu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I think it also helps that the sound direction and art has been -much- better. That can make a world's difference.
Old 2013-10-12, 17:24   Link #12
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashmaking Zoomatic View Post
I think it also helps that the sound direction and art has been -much- better. That can make a world's difference.
The art direction did get improvements as noted last week. Suffice to say, I'm not so inclined to give credits to the sound direction.

These 2 aside, the most important part is the script, and it is a tad too early to tell if it will be consistent (first season was helluva inconsistent in term of narration for the heroines arcs).
Old 2013-10-12, 17:28   Link #13
Serphirs

Quote:
Actually, Yuiko's arc has nothing to do with the "after story" portion, as it is an heroine arc like the other ones in S1. You could actually swap its timing with any other one and it would have been the same.

I know, I read the LN.
I refer, in general, the ostensible improvement in animation quality, some little details here and there, and the original influence that works really fine with that love triangle between Rin - Kurugaya - Riki. I'm really feeling a contrast between the first season, and the real thing now.
Well played JC staff.
Old 2013-10-12, 17:29   Link #14
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Quote:

He didn't really specify why he enjoyed this arc, though. Edit: So much for that.
I for one enjoyed this arc because it has a far stronger connection to the main plot than the ones in the first season, not actually because of Yuiko.

Now granted, of course, I have not played the Novel and thus would not know if the time thing happened at the same time her arc was going on.
Old 2013-10-12, 19:58   Link #15
Deathscyther

Good episode! There was some nice character development and the plot is moving along nicely as well. Also, am I seeing this right? Signs of romance in the Little Busters anime?

I really like the way they're handling Kurugaya's route. It's my second favourite route of the VN and I was wondering how they were going to handle her route, but I have to say that I'm pretty impressed so far. They're even using the romantic aspects of her route in an original way. Because of all this talking about love, it looks like both Riki and Rin are starting to realize that they have some kind of feelings for each other (consciously or unconsciously) as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
And have I mentioned how much better Rin is compared to the VN. Like, it's pretty staggering how much better a character she is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashmaking Zoomatic View Post
and poor Rin got jealous.~ Gonna' have to agree with you again, MCAL, when you say that Rin's a lot better character in the anime! I think her development near the beginning (what with her shyness and all) could have been handled better, but she's already a lot better than her game counterpart.
I have to agree with you. Somehow it feels like she's able to show her emotions a little bit easier than in the VN. Her development in season 1 was already pretty good, probably because she's been involved in the routes of the other girls more than in the VN. But now they're even giving Rin some good development in Kurugaya's route.
Old 2013-10-12, 20:24   Link #16
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

"Hey let's have Riki show no romantic interest in any of the girls.
Hey let's hint that Riki might have a thing for Rin."

Biased bullshit >_>

Also, no Love Love Hunters...I feel cheated.
Old 2013-10-12, 20:44   Link #17
Excorsism

I'm a little sad they didn't show Rin overhear Kyousuke screaming at the top of his lungs, "LOLI LOLI HUNTERS"!!

What a shame, since interactions between Kyousuke and Rin are already scarce as it is.
Old 2013-10-12, 21:34   Link #18
Dr. Casey

Well, that scene after Riki confesses he might be interested in someone was embarrassing; I'd have been ready to jump out the window if I was Riki. Never again, Riki. Never again.
Old 2013-10-12, 22:03   Link #19
Yye1
Wide Right

Hmm, I really enjoyed this episodes, and I like that they chose Kurugaya's route right before Refrain, it is a really good tie-in

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Old 2013-10-12, 23:42   Link #20
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

JC Staff REALLY drew Kurugaya well this episode. I'm impressed.
Closed Thread