Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-05-08, 11:51   Link #321
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I think the thing is that the relationship between Shina and Adachi is gradual, just not blatant like it is everywhere else.
Yes sure he thinks of Adachi as a simple-minded lass thats nothing but trouble but he even so he regards her as a good friend as well. No way anyone would hang out with someone like Shina has over 3 years of highschool if you didn't think of them as friends.
He has simply developed feelings over the years that he didn't know.
The deal with the "dark haired lass" is I think he was just hung up on her and after finding out the truth he's left with some conflict, reason why he hasn't come straight about everything.
Pretty much everything that Shina has done to enjoy school life has been cause of Adachi and he knows that. Pretty sure that scores big points over the years.

On the note about Adachi's family background, it did give the impression it was a yakuza family but I suspect a twist there, something wacky...but then it really could be just yakuza family
That's merely a presumption isn't it? I don't really see any indication of this "Gradual love". The lack of it is why I'm in disbelief.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 12:06   Link #322
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Nah, there are moments like his dream in the first chapter(?) or the time when he was torn between going out with Adachi or Subaru, when he thought she was the one he'd met in the past. I, on the other hand, don't see him doing anything new after finding out the shocking truth, his life's been exactly the same...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 12:09   Link #323
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'm not really convinced with the whole Shinagawa x Adachi thing. I mean he treated her no different than a buddy the past 3 years but all of sudden change his trait of thought when he finds out she's the girl he fell for 3 years ago? I mean, it'll have a greater impact if his feelings for her were developing over the course of the three years, but that's not the case... he thought of her as simple, stupid and annoying. This isn't a really good basis for a relationship.
What sudden change? He got over it within a day or so after Adachi was pestering him about changing her look. He still treats her exactly the same way.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 12:39   Link #324
Miles Teg

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ends-on-may-18

Quote:
This year's 24th issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine is announcing on Wednesday that Miki Yoshikawa is ending her Yankee-kun to Megane-chan school comedy manga in the next issue on May 18. Yoshikawa launched the manga in October of 2006, and the 23rd compiled book volume will ship on June 17.

In the 211-chapter story, the eyeglasses-wearing, overachieving class representative Hana "Megane-chan" Adachi goes all out to drag the delinquent Daichi "Yankee-kun" Shinagawa into their high school's social circles and activities. Daichi learns that Hana was secretly a former delinquent herself, and that is why she tries so hard to reform Daichi.

The manga inspired a live-action television series with Hiroki Narimiya (Gokusen, Akihabara @ DEEP, NANA) as Daichi and Riisa Naka (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Kami no Shizuku) as Hana. The television series ran from April to June of last year.
So 211 chapters in 23 volumes.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 13:30   Link #325
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Awww... Another good manga ending. Though, I'd rather have it end in a good note than stay beyond it's welcome.
Old 2011-05-10, 18:22   Link #326
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

The series ending is a little sad but I can't wait to see what the author is gonna work on next, although I think she deserves an extensive break first - after all this was her first time working as the main author of a series, not to mention it was a weekly series that lasted up to 200+ chapters. Not bad for the first own major work but probably also very exhausting.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 18:33   Link #327
Johnny
Working the bags...

There's what two chapters or one chapter left? That's cutting it a little close for a decent ending...
Spoiler for ch 209:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 20:42   Link #328
X207
Gamyūsa

darn another manga i like is ending. i just hope she ties up loose ends and avoid a rushed ending. though it wont be that bad since theres still 69 chapters left to be translated. i like how Hana didnt resort to complete violence to end the brother arc.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 07:52   Link #329
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Recent chapters that were translated were freakin awesome. I just hope it ended because the author wanted too or had the ending planned out rather than getting cancelled. Quality of ending really depends which of the two options happened.
Old 2011-05-11, 08:11   Link #330
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Recent chapters that were translated were freakin awesome. I just hope it ended because the author wanted too or had the ending planned out rather than getting cancelled. Quality of ending really depends which of the two options happened.
Rush ending is inevitable... I assuming it is the former, that the author wanted to stop the series ^^,
Spoiler for speculation:
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 09:13   Link #331
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

...absence makes the heart fonder they say. Anyway so the conclusion will be wrapped up in 2 chapters. I'm looking forward to a nice ending, definitely need one. I'm just wondering whether the conclusion will leave any lose ends. Well thats my only worry.
Old 2011-05-11, 09:55   Link #332
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
Rush ending is inevitable... I assuming it is the former, that the author wanted to stop the series ^^,
Spoiler for speculation:

I would be disappointed if they don't get together at the end but that still doesn't take away from what a great series this was. I'm depressed this is ending but I look forward to her next work.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 11:01   Link #333
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
I would be disappointed if they don't get together at the end but that still doesn't take away from what a great series this was. I'm depressed this is ending but I look forward to her next work.
yea it is an awesome series ^^, even without the romance it was always fun to read each chapter. Now if only they would make an anime adaptation already, clearly we the fans need to make an online petition and get one going.
Old 2011-05-11, 12:09   Link #334
Shadow5YA

I suspect Adachi will show up at the very last moment.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 03:42   Link #335
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I suspect Adachi will show up at the very last moment.
it better happen or else there be a raging horde of angry fans
Old 2011-05-12, 04:00   Link #336
paladinenvec

I just hope that this not end with a rushed ending like "you know what manga"...
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 06:24   Link #337
Miles Teg

Spoiler from a forum I can't name here

Spoiler for Chapter 210:
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 06:28   Link #338
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post

Spoiler for Chapter 210:

lol, what face do you make after reading that....
Old 2011-05-12, 07:16   Link #339
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post

lol, what face do you make after reading that....
Spoiler:
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 07:50   Link #340
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post

Spoiler for Chapter 210:
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags