Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-07-29, 12:01   Link #34361
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the last time US sent troops into Iraq, the whole world with Europe at the fore front criticizing the US (not that i agree with sending troops myself). Quite frankly I think it is time for the rest of the world to pick up some of the slack.
The Americans never had the tact nor subtlety to deal with terrorists. I remember reading a news article in which the British SAS snatched a terrorist undercover in Libya or Iraq without a single shot, the Yanks literally bombed their way through.

Even the SAD shoot their way through to take the people they want. So much for secrecy.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-07-29, 12:09   Link #34362
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The Americans never had the tact nor subtlety to deal with terrorists. I remember reading a news article in which the British SAS snatched a terrorist undercover in Libya or Iraq without a single shot, the Yanks literally bombed their way through.

Even the SAD shoot their way through to take the people they want. So much for secrecy.
Quote:
Benghazi attack suspect Ahmed Abu Khatallah was watched by U.S. commandos, law enforcement and intelligence for days before his capture, several U.S. officials said Tuesday. Not a single shot was fired when the manhunt was successfully completed over the weekend, U.S. officials said. Abu Khatallah's arrest and detention marks the first by the United States in connection with the deadly 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/17/world/...pect-captured/

^^ u were saying.
Old 2014-07-29, 12:28   Link #34363
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
^^ u were saying.
Yeah I guess they finally learned that they cannot rely on USAF ordinance all the time.

There was another one which the British SAS captured him with the help of MI6 (or it was The Increment which Tomlinson had outlined). I can't seem to find the article anymore.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-07-29, 12:34   Link #34364
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Have you not heard about the controversy over American renditions? The CIA has been surreptitiously snatching supposed terrorists off the street and sending them to prison facilities in places like Egypt for well over a decade now.

Not to mention assassinations by drones.
Old 2014-07-29, 16:41   Link #34365
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/30/wo...v=lede-package

Kidnapping Europeans for ransom has become a global business for Al Qaeda, bankrolling its operations across the globe.
While European governments deny paying ransoms, an investigation by The New York Times found that Al Qaeda and its direct affiliates have earned at least $125 million in revenue from kidnappings since 2008, of which $66 million was paid just in the past year.
In various news releases and statements, the United States Treasury Department has cited ransom amounts that, taken together, put the total at around $165 million over the same period.

when is Europe going to grow a backbone?
Old 2014-07-29, 16:58   Link #34366
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Still a lot cheaper than military misadventures, I imagine. XP
Old 2014-07-29, 16:59   Link #34367
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
the last time US sent troops into Iraq, the whole world with Europe at the fore front criticizing the US (not that i agree with sending troops myself). Quite frankly I think it is time for the rest of the world to pick up some of the slack.
But the current Iraq government was set up and the military was organised and trained by US. Meanswhile Syria military action was seriously hindered by Western support toward the rebel, leading to ISIS growth. Shouldn't they at least feel responsible in some ways? Oh, and recent conflict in Lybia too

I means Saddam and that Lybia dude (name escaped mind.Ghadafi? ) were terrible, but at least they did not publically beheaded enemies soldiers and hang them up as deterrance.
Old 2014-07-29, 17:06   Link #34368
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
But the current Iraq government was set up and the military was organised and trained by US. Meanswhile Syria military action was seriously hindered by Western support toward the rebel, leading to ISIS growth. Shouldn't they at least feel responsible in some ways? Oh, and recent conflict in Lybia too

I means Saddam and that Lybia dude (name escaped mind.Ghadafi? ) were terrible, but at least they did not publically beheaded enemies soldiers and hang them up as deterrance.
In the case of Saddam, the gassing of a whole town is probably much worse than public beheading.
Old 2014-07-29, 17:10   Link #34369
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Still a lot cheaper than military misadventures, I imagine. XP
not that either one has anything to do with each other

Quote:
Negotiators believe that the Qaeda branches have now determined which governments pay.
Of the 53 hostages known to have been taken by Qaeda’s official branches in the past five years, a third were French. And small nations like Austria, Switzerland and Spain, which do not have large expatriate communities in the countries where the kidnappings occur, account for over 20 percent of the victims.
By contrast, only three Americans are known to have been kidnapped by Al Qaeda or its direct affiliates, representing just 5 percent of the total.
“For me, it’s obvious that Al Qaeda is targeting them by nationality,” said Jean-Paul Rouiller, the director of the Geneva Center for Training and Analysis of Terrorism, who helped set up Switzerland’s counterterrorism program. “Hostages are an investment, and you are not going to invest unless you are pretty sure of a payout.”

from same article

US and UK citizen are actually safer form kidnapping because their government don't paid ransom.
Old 2014-07-29, 17:24   Link #34370
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

No they exchange prisoners instead. XP
Old 2014-07-29, 17:31   Link #34371
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They exchange prisoners or send rescue missions.
Old 2014-07-29, 17:39   Link #34372
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
No they exchange prisoners instead. XP
how many prisoner exchange vs how many ransom payments?
Old 2014-07-29, 22:42   Link #34373
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Picture of Gaza (today?).

Spoiler for size, and in case people dont want to see burning buildings:
Old 2014-07-30, 03:44   Link #34374
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Langrisser View Post
In the case of Saddam, the gassing of a whole town is probably much worse than public beheading.
The body count may be much lower, but the brutality was way worse.

And it's not just public beheading here. They actual stuck victim heads on the stacks and fences as an example, and let people takes pictures and stuffs.

This world has gone mad
Old 2014-07-30, 06:33   Link #34375
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
when is Europe going to grow a backbone?
Soon. They just found the remains of King Richard at a parking lot. After they resurrect him, we can have another Crusade into the Mideast.

Old 2014-07-30, 08:07   Link #34376
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

Quote:
Soon. They just found the remains of King Richard at a parking lot. After they resurrect him, we can have another Crusade into the Mideast.
Wrong Richard, the one found in the parking lot was Richard III.
The Crusading one, Richard I, have his skeleton resting in Fontevraud abbey, while his (lion)heart rest in Rouen Cathedral's crypt.
Old 2014-07-30, 11:47   Link #34377
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Langrisser View Post
Wrong Richard, the one found in the parking lot was Richard III.
The Crusading one, Richard I, have his skeleton resting in Fontevraud abbey, while his (lion)heart rest in Rouen Cathedral's crypt.
Doesn't matter. We need another crusade - Mother Nature will be pleased that she does not need to mutate another pathogen to keep the population count in check. [/sarcasm]

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
The body count may be much lower, but the brutality was way worse.

And it's not just public beheading here. They actual stuck victim heads on the stacks and fences as an example, and let people takes pictures and stuffs.

This world has gone mad
When both sides are wrong in a conflict, there is chaos; and there is always opportunity in chaos - in the way of defence stocks.

If I had the capital, maybe I can hire a passport forger to bring the Palestine kids out of there into the US or somewhere and let their parents get peppered - no more anti-semetic or extremist influence means the kids can grow up with a more balanced worldview.

Oh yeah, and I can finally prove that it is a sin to wage war and bear hatred without Allah's permission.

Old 2014-07-30, 13:10   Link #34378
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
not that either one has anything to do with each other.
I was talking about rescue missions.

Quote:
how many prisoner exchange vs how many ransom payments?
Is it a quantitative thing? Perhaps in terms of funding the terrorists but we all know the UK and US prefers to do that through banks. XP

Quote:
US and UK citizen are actually safer form kidnapping because their government don't paid ransom.
They may be safer from kidnapping but I doubt they're safer from death.
Old 2014-07-30, 22:25   Link #34379
JokerD

Quote:
Doesn't matter. We need another crusade - Mother Nature will be pleased that she does not need to mutate another pathogen to keep the population count in check. [/sarcasm]
Are you sure?
Ebola: Liberia shuts schools to tackle outbreak

Quote:
The number of people killed by the virus in West Africa has now reached 672, according to new UN figures.

The BBC's West Africa correspondent Thomas Fessy says treatment facilities have reportedly been overwhelmed in the Liberian capital Monrovia.

Some wards have already filled up, forcing health workers to treat some patients at their homes.
Seems like diseases are going full force to me. Anyway, they is kinda egocentric, since a disease doesn't need to directly kill humans to effect us. Get something that kills off the majority of food crops (plants or animals) and watch us kill each other over food.
Old 2014-07-30, 22:51   Link #34380
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Have the "peace talks" ever produced an offer for the current Palestinian territory to become an independent nation?
Really, it comes down to this.

Regardless of the details of the conflict, with hostility on both sides, my sympathy leans towards the side that lost 95% of their land, and the left over 5% or less is under constant infiltration/invasion/colonization from the opposing side.
The 1947 even two-state didn't work out. We get that. But the fact that the "white side" on the map hasn't stop its conquest, even to this very day, is worsening the situation.

I mean really, if one side will not stop until every bit of land is obliterated and conquered, what CAN the other side do?
The passive-aggressive BS stemming from the offensive side, pretending to be a victim of the conflict, is mindboggling hypocrisy.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international