AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-24, 22:21   Link #81
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Rolo is definitely the most interesting new character to be introduced this season for me, just barely beating out Xingke. The most interesting part about him is that we don't know exactly who or what he is or who he's working for specifically, but that he is dangerous and unpredictable at the same time with his Geass power and apparent split personality. All of these factors combined together seem to make for him reaching at least mid boss status by the time things really start to heat up. I seriously don't think he's Nunally though as some people are claiming. Unless Britannia somehow has the fortune machine from Escaflowne that will allow them to change somebodies fate right down to the initial combination of their DNA then there's just no way it's possible. Besides, we've even seen pictures of Nunally now and she's in the opening as a seperate character from Rolo.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 22:31   Link #82
ashlay
the red string of fate

Don't worry, he's not Nunnally, it's been confirmed 20 times over at this point: First by FY, then by the magazine spoilers, then by that guy/gal who won those leaked storyboards in an auction. >_>
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 21:16   Link #83
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3120 View Post
I still think there's a possibility Rolo might actually be a legitimate brother to Lelouch instead of a spy delegated to resembling Nunnally. Anyone else think this?
I honestly think Rollo & Nunnally are twins. Maybe the Emperor got rid of one of the twins to avoid the two fighting for the throne or conspiring to kill him together.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 21:18   Link #84
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
I honestly think Rollo & Nunnally are twins. Maybe the Emperor got rid of one of the twins to avoid the two fighting for the throne or conspiring to kill him together.
Rollo is 17 and Nunnally is 15...so that doesn't really work. >_>

Neither does Rollo and Lelouch, the latter's 18 now.
Old 2008-04-25, 21:20   Link #85
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Rollo is 17 and Nunnally is 15...so that doesn't really work. >_>

Neither does Rollo and Lelouch, the latter's 18 now.
That throws that theory out of the window. The other theory was that they really are related, but maybe from another empress/princess.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 22:06   Link #86
KrimzonStriker

I thought Rolo was 16?
Old 2008-04-25, 22:08   Link #87
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I thought Rolo was 16?
no he's 17 alright.

Old 2008-04-25, 22:10   Link #88
KrimzonStriker

Hmm... kay, but he acts so much younger though... or maybe older depending on which personality he's using >_>
Old 2008-04-25, 22:11   Link #89
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

I got this feeling that Lelouch is actually Rollo's half brother. This theory is all purely my imagination. Don't flame me. Some parts of the theory could be all wrong. I had this impression that Lelouch may not be of royal blood and he is really the brother of Rollo.

Spoiler for due to length:

Quote:
no he's 17 alright.

Yeah, but his age is stated as 16 in the May issue of NT The Beginning of R2 booklet. How old is Rollo? Same question asked for Anya.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 22:14   Link #90
KrimzonStriker

Charles... and love... together? Do the laws of the physical world even allow those two words to even exist next to each other? >_>
Old 2008-04-25, 22:20   Link #91
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Charles... and love... together? Do the laws of the physical world even allow those two words to even exist next to each other? >_>

That's why don't flame me. I'm not as knowledgable as you all are >_>

Old 2008-04-25, 22:33   Link #92
KrimzonStriker

I don't know, Taniguchi already said that Lelouch would grow up to have curls like his dad (I hope Lelouch never lets his hair grow out in order prevent that from ever happening though >_>) and every thing about him just screams nobility, flair, and sophistication. It was a nice story though
Old 2008-04-25, 22:34   Link #93
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Yeah, but his age is stated as 16 in the May issue of NT The Beginning of R2 booklet. How old is Rollo? Same question asked for Anya.
That scan was from the most recent issue of newtype romance, so I think you're mistaken.
Old 2008-04-25, 22:47   Link #94
KrimzonStriker

Or maybe it's just Newtype?
Old 2008-04-25, 23:01   Link #95
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Or maybe it's just Newtype?
possible.

but until I see otherwise, I'm going to assume that newtype didn't screw up (seeing as how they just listed Anya as ?, I don't really have any reason to think otherwise) and pink just made a simple mistake of remembering something incorrectly. god knows it happens to all of us all the time.
Old 2008-04-25, 23:02   Link #96
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
That scan was from the most recent issue of newtype romance, so I think you're mistaken.
Yeah. I had both the magazine so I seen both the scans.

Old 2008-04-25, 23:28   Link #97
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Um Pink-chan, while I know what you wrote is just fanfiction I feel I should point out that Lamperouge is a fake name that Lelouch came up with.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 09:36   Link #98
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

Sorry, but almost everyone in the royal family have purple eyes, so Lelouch has t ob e royality, even his personality reflects it.
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 09:45   Link #99
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Ok, like I said, it is purely my imagination and which is why I stated what I wrote is my imagination and it is fanfiction . No argument. I wonder if Rollo is another prince if the law of heredity counts. We are talking about anime.Shave all the characters heads, I wonder how many characters we can guess correctly We are getting off topic here.

For personality, it can be cultivated in the environment you live in. For example a pair of twin who was separated, one was left in a slum to become a begger and the other is living a life of luxury. As time passes by, the begger twin will survive better than the one who is living a better life if both were thrown in the wild. If the one leading a good life was suddenly thrown into the wild, how is he going to survive with his personality?

Old 2008-04-26, 10:02   Link #100
m-san
Narcoleptic Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Rolo is definitely the most interesting new character to be introduced this season for me, just barely beating out Xingke.
Yup, definitely agree with that. I like the mystery shrouding his character. Is he really just a cunning pawn of Britannia or is he more than that in more ways than one? And of course, who gave him Geass? How does his Geass exactly work? Is he also under a contract? Is he really a Lamperouge? Perhaps an illegitimate child of Marianne? etc. etc.

What really makes me wonder is that how he referred to Lelouch as "onii-san" when he frantically entered the empty meeting room in the final scene of ep3. And how he could've just killed Lelouch in a Geass-stop situation [like what he did with the random informant earlier] but didn't. Of course it's obvious that Lelouch will live after that, but makes you really wonder at how much Rolo cares about Lelouch that he refused to kill him.
m-san is offline   Reply With Quote