Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-30, 12:58   Link #1821
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Nunnally's view of Zero? SHe doesn't harbour any hatred or anything towards him. In fact she insisted for him to join her.
Granted, she doesn't hate him, but her insistence was for him to join the SAZ of Japan, not join her specifically. As you can recall, her thoughts on Zero as a person is that she feels that he's wrong, or that what he's doing is wrong.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 13:07   Link #1822
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Granted, she doesn't hate him, but her insistence was for him to join the SAZ of Japan, not join her specifically. As you can recall, her thoughts on Zero as a person is that she feels that he's wrong, or that what he's doing is wrong.
Well he did murder two of her siblings but at this point I doubt she harbours any grudge towards him.

Plus, there is nothing Kallen has to go to prove Nunnally that her methods are wrong. (Or more like what's the point?)
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 17:45   Link #1823
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

I can't believe this is all that is going to happen to Kallen is house arrest. It takes the "drama" out of the rescue/escape if any. Also there is no tension with house arrest. If they wanted Nunnally and Kallen to become closer, they had plenty of time at Ashford S1. I don't WANT anything to happen to Kallen, but it just makes no sense to have her captured and do nothing with it.
Old 2008-06-30, 18:04   Link #1824
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
part of the reason that lulu plays the student part is for fear for nanali's safety
with orange-kun's new trick its very possible that lulu's secret might get exposed and then nanali could be put in danger
with that in mind the idea that kallen might be taken into nanali's custody (if the idea of house arrest proves right) might well prove not only fortunete but nececery for lulu
that way he has his best pilot and personal body guard in a position to protect nanali should something happen to her
Old 2008-06-30, 18:07   Link #1825
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
I can't believe this is all that is going to happen to Kallen is house arrest. It takes the "drama" out of the rescue/escape if any. Also there is no tension with house arrest. If they wanted Nunnally and Kallen to become closer, they had plenty of time at Ashford S1. I don't WANT anything to happen to Kallen, but it just makes no sense to have her captured and do nothing with it.
I'm not sure if it's that easy.. For sure, Nunnally will be all for treating her better (hence why it's probably only going to be house arrest or something), but consider that Kallen will be in a... very sensentive situation. She'll litterally be surronded by enemies who'd no doubt want to see her killed or tortured and Nunnally is going to be just about everything that'll prevent that from happening, so it's a far more serious situation than it looks. There are reasons for why she has ended up in this way too. The director/storywritters said that we'd get to look into the Britannian part of her character this season (or something like that) - which probably means her father, considering that he hasn't appeared yet and his occupation is a secret. But they can't well do that if Kallen is with the OotBK, can they? So this is the solution of that for now. All in all these I believe are the main reasons for the writters going with her captured-scenario:

- we can go a bit deeper into the Britannian side of her character and find out who her father is, what he does, what reason he had for abandoning her mother and so on...
- We have Kallen meeting Nunnally, which is important, considering a load of things: since the newsletter revealed that C.C. has told Kallen more or elss everything, she knows how important Nunnally is to Lelouch - and furthermore, if Nunnally suspects that Lelouch is Zero, Kallen might be the one who drops the hint (intentionally or not) that such is the case. and being around nunnally may help her learning more about Lelouch.
- and of course the third point: by having Lelouch try to save Kallen (instead of abandoning her like he would have in the past), we're shown that he's indeed "more likeable" this season, just as they said that he would be.

Kallen has also gotten quite the bit of focus so far, but in return, other characters have gotten less, so she may well take a bit of a backseat for the time being while other characters and story aspects gets explored.
Kallen and Nunnally COULD have gotten closer last season, yes.. but you realize, I hope, that there would not have been as much of a point to it as it is now, hmm?
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 18:25   Link #1826
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
I'm not sure if it's that easy.. For sure, Nunnally will be all for treating her better (hence why it's probably only going to be house arrest or something), but consider that Kallen will be in a... very sensentive situation. She'll litterally be surronded by enemies who'd no doubt want to see her killed or tortured and Nunnally is going to be just about everything that'll prevent that from happening, so it's a far more serious situation than it looks. There are reasons for why she has ended up in this way too. The director/storywritters said that we'd get to look into the Britannian part of her character this season (or something like that) - which probably means her father, considering that he hasn't appeared yet and his occupation is a secret. But they can't well do that if Kallen is with the OotBK, can they? So this is the solution of that for now. All in all these I believe are the main reasons for the writters going with her captured-scenario:

- we can go a bit deeper into the Britannian side of her character and find out who her father is, what he does, what reason he had for abandoning her mother and so on...
- We have Kallen meeting Nunnally, which is important, considering a load of things: since the newsletter revealed that C.C. has told Kallen more or elss everything, she knows how important Nunnally is to Lelouch - and furthermore, if Nunnally suspects that Lelouch is Zero, Kallen might be the one who drops the hint (intentionally or not) that such is the case. and being around nunnally may help her learning more about Lelouch.
- and of course the third point: by having Lelouch try to save Kallen (instead of abandoning her like he would have in the past), we're shown that he's indeed "more likeable" this season, just as they said that he would be.

Kallen has also gotten quite the bit of focus so far, but in return, other characters have gotten less, so she may well take a bit of a backseat for the time being while other characters and story aspects gets explored.
Kallen and Nunnally COULD have gotten closer last season, yes.. but you realize, I hope, that there would not have been as much of a point to it as it is now, hmm?
Great points, I guess I'm getting a bit greedy with my Kallen content wishes. I will say though I think they have stretched it a little thin with the so many characters. I understand that some of them need to be fleshed out, but I'd rather have a few developed characters than as bunch of half-assed ones.
Old 2008-06-30, 18:57   Link #1827
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Great points, I guess I'm getting a bit greedy with my Kallen content wishes. I will say though I think they have stretched it a little thin with the so many characters. I understand that some of them need to be fleshed out, but I'd rather have a few developed characters than as bunch of half-assed ones.
īPerhaps, but we'll see where it all leads. In any event: Kallen is one of the four main characters, so we've hardly seen the last of her. I expect that we'll at the very least see glimpses of her like in the upcoming episode, so she won't be completely gone - and then eventually she'll make it back into the spotlight.
Old 2008-06-30, 19:07   Link #1828
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
īPerhaps, but we'll see where it all leads. In any event: Kallen is one of the four main characters, so we've hardly seen the last of her. I expect that we'll at the very least see glimpses of her like in this episode, so she won't be completely gone - and then eventually she'll make it back into the spotlight.
As a KF pilot or as part of Nunnally's team? Big difference there, DarkLord, although I suspect that you'll be happy with either.
Old 2008-06-30, 19:13   Link #1829
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
As a KF pilot or as part of Nunnally's team? Big difference there, DarkLord, although I suspect that you'll be happy with either.
I dunno; I do prefer her as the KF pilot actually. but we'll see where it all leads. However, with the talk of the Guren being upgraded, it's hard to imagine that she might NOT return to her role as a KF pilot later on.
Old 2008-06-30, 19:15   Link #1830
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
I won't be happy with the later to be honest. I really won't complain if it is well done and she doesn't make a radically departure in personality.
Old 2008-06-30, 19:17   Link #1831
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
I won't be happy with the later to be honest. I really won't complain if it is well done and she doesn't make a radically departure in personality.
She can be tough even as a diplomat. Nunnally's the good cop, she's the bad one.
Old 2008-06-30, 19:20   Link #1832
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
I suppose I wouldn't have much of a complaint with it either if such was the case; as long as she keeps her independence and aren't afraid of making bold suggestions in the face of her superiors or even going against those superiors, she'd still be kick-ass in her own way
Old 2008-06-30, 19:23   Link #1833
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
I suppose I wouldn't have much of a complaint with it either if such was the case; as long as she keeps her independence and aren't afraid of making bold suggestions in the face of her superiors or even going against those superiors, she'd still be kick-ass in her own way
If she goes under Nunnally, she can start using Nunnally's clout in ways even the governor didn't know she could before.

Kallen: My lady, can you sign this?
Nunnally: What is it? (Kallen explains some badass, but still legal plan)
Nunnally:... You mean... I can do that?
Old 2008-06-30, 19:32   Link #1834
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
If she goes under Nunnally, she can start using Nunnally's clout in ways even the governor didn't know she could before.

Kallen: My lady, can you sign this?
Nunnally: What is it? (Kallen explains some badass, but still legal plan)
Nunnally:... You mean... I can do that?
Yeah, something like that, I suppose
Old 2008-06-30, 19:41   Link #1835
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Yeah, something like that, I suppose
Kallen will then think "While Nunnally is sweet (and pacified the Area), if we had half of what she's able to do, I wouldn't need to use the Guren so many times."
Old 2008-06-30, 19:44   Link #1836
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
She can be tough even as a diplomat. Nunnally's the good cop, she's the bad one.
I guess I can't envision a "tough" diplomat like I can picture a Bad Ass KF Devicer.
Old 2008-06-30, 19:48   Link #1837
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
I guess I can't envision a "tough" diplomat like I can picture a Bad Ass KF Devicer.
Truth be told, I want her to be in civilian wear because of her hair (civilian = at school). Compared to the hair style she keeps in school, her freedom-fighter one screams "Rambo" to me. I always snigger everytime I see it.
Old 2008-06-30, 19:56   Link #1838
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Truth be told, I want her to be in civilian wear because of her hair (civilian = at school). Compared to the hair style she keeps in school, her freedom-fighter one screams "Rambo" to me. I always snigger everytime I see it.
Lol, I agree, I'm not against a pretty outfit.. but I don't want a multiple episode Diplomat arc.
Old 2008-06-30, 20:02   Link #1839
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Lol, I agree, I'm not against a pretty outfit.. but I don't want a multiple episode Diplomat arc.
The writers won't have time for that either. So, what I can think of off my bat is that as Kallen helps Nunnally to fully exercise her power, someone who obviously didn't expect this (Schneizel? The other royal Princesses?) decides that enough is enough. An attempt is made on either Kallen's or Nunnally's life (maybe both?) . Kallen is further convinced that internal change won't do, and manages to get Nunnally over to Lulu.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2008-06-30 at 20:14.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 20:11   Link #1840
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
The writers won't have time for that either. So, what I can think of off my bat is that as Kallen helps Nunnally to fully exercise her power, someone who obviously didn't expect this (Schneizel? The other royal Princesses?) decides that enough is enough. An attempt is made on either Kallen's or Nunnally's life (maybe both?) . Kallen is further convinced that internal change won't do, and managaes to get Nunnally over to Lulu.
Oh, seems logical.. Would be about the only acceptable way for her capture to play out other than Mind Wipe/side change. Just don't like the idea of captured to" talk to Nunnally" and allow for some Shirley build up.