AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-02-20, 17:58   Link #1021
itisjustme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
P.S: anyone else think Luxus looks a wee bit possessed in this chapter?
Thought that too, actually it may tie in with that dak mage whose name I can't remember right now, Zeref?
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 19:02   Link #1022
Xhokhusmak

I really hate to say it, but these past several chapters suck ass -_-
Xhokhusmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 20:01   Link #1023
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhokhusmak View Post
I really hate to say it, but these past several chapters suck ass -_-
Old 2009-02-21, 19:59   Link #1024
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... I'll admit, they haven't been the greatest we've seen, but they do for now, till we start actually seeing some of the deeper plot

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 03:28   Link #1025
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Spoiler for 124:

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 09:22   Link #1026
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Spoiler for 124 headdesk:

Old 2009-02-24, 09:30   Link #1027
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I thought that it would be obvious that we would be getting the introduction of more dragon slayers given that a big part of the central plotline is the disappeareance of the dragons (and the subsequent search of the lost dragons by their former disciples). It was only a matter of time, and we will be probably getting more. (or given the current pattern they are power based on the 5 chinese elements and we will only have 2 more)

Last edited by Proto; 2009-02-24 at 09:56.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 10:34   Link #1028
Cinocard

How many dragons were there again? Seven?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Spoiler for 124:
Oh fck it. Sometime manga suck... In many ways....
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 11:10   Link #1029
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That sooo kills the entire plot man,
Spoiler:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 13:34   Link #1030
Slayerx

Spoiler for 124:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
How many dragons were there again? Seven?
Unknown... the significance that "7" has is that the dragons disappeared 7 years ago, and i think it was the 7th month of the 7th day of the 777th year
Ya wouldn't surprise me if their was 7 dragons that disappeared, what with all the 7's
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 14:39   Link #1031
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Spoiler for 124:
Agreeed would have loved to seen a Goku and Vegeta type rival shame Mashima the manga-ka isn't that good of a writer to have gone with that.

Mashima has dissapointed me several times with Fairy Tail it has all the makings of being epic only to fail a few steps from reaching it. The Erza arc is a pretty good example of it. It started of well but then it ended up feeling dragged out, several dissapointing fights especially the one Erza had with that sword woman and then the arc ended in a wimper. The Water 7/Robin rescue arc this destroys Erza's arc in every way.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 15:16   Link #1032
Ultenth

le sigh, so predictable and boring. Fairy tale is really starting to get weak, hopefully it picks up again, because this whole arc has been a massive dissappointment.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 17:00   Link #1033
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Unknown... the significance that "7" has is that the dragons disappeared 7 years ago, and i think it was the 7th month of the 7th day of the 777th year.
Ya wouldn't surprise me if their was 7 dragons that disappeared, what with all the 7's.
If that were the case, then that leaves 5 more people with dragon-slayer abilities since we already have fire and metal. If the mangaka is going for an elemental edge, which is very likely, then water and air dragons with corresponding slayers are a must, leaving 3 more pairs of dragons and slayers with powers we can only guess.

And I too agree that the story drags at times like now. Think we're expecting too much from the mangaka?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 22:33   Link #1034
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

...possibly. Personally, I'm just going to let this guy write the story, because hopefully once we're done with this arc we'll go back to the dragon storyline and the mysterious number 7, and then things should be good... assuming the mangaka writes it well

Old 2009-02-25, 00:08   Link #1035
Bordix

ZOMFG! another dragon slayer

Quote:
why does that guy have to be a dragon slayer, he doesn't even eat thunder!
he steal other peoples "thunder"

Personally, I don't see them winning against Luxus unless Natsu brought with him etherion to consume....
Bordix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 01:03   Link #1036
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Agreeed would have loved to seen a Goku and Vegeta type rival shame Mashima the manga-ka isn't that good of a writer to have gone with that.
Pheh, i never thought much of the goku and Vegeta rivalry... i mean, you could hardly call it a rivalry when you consider how after their first battle Goku was ALWAYS a step ahead of Vegeta... if i recall, they never had an equal fight after that, as Goku was always ahead and any equvalance in their fighting was only in the sense that Goku chose to hold back from using a level of super saiyan... frankly, i have more interest in Natsu and Gazzille than i ever had in goku and vegeta

Really, DragonBall was much more enjoyable of a series; DBZ was just a huge downward spiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
le sigh, so predictable and boring.
Y'know i actually do wonder, would this chapter have been as predictable if the title was something different...

Really, i think that's been a major failing point for Mashima has been his choice of titles which have been making it painfully obvious what was gonna happen... I mean with a name like "triple dragon" there wasn't exactly many possibilities; espeically when you consider that a third dragon slayer showing up out of no where would have been a serious ass-pull... even the title to the next chapter gives me a pretty good guess at what is going to happen; a guess that i might not be too quick to make if not for the title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
If that were the case, then that leaves 5 more people with dragon-slayer abilities since we already have fire and metal. If the mangaka is going for an elemental edge, which is very likely, then water and air dragons with corresponding slayers are a must, leaving 3 more pairs of dragons and slayers with powers we can only guess.
4... Luxus, though he did not explicitly say so, is practially confirmed as a thunder dragon slayer... so we got, fire, Iron and thunder... possible other dragons; Water, Earth, Light, Darkness, Wind.... wood?...
Old 2009-02-25, 03:46   Link #1037
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

^ and I bet Jubia's a dragon slyaer too..-_-"

I'm extremely disappointed that Luxus is a dragon slayer. Maybe he'll be beaten wimpily by a trick that only works on dragon slayers...I think that'll happen.
Old 2009-02-25, 04:34   Link #1038
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
^ and I bet Jubia's a dragon slyaer too..-_-"

I'm extremely disappointed that Luxus is a dragon slayer. Maybe he'll be beaten wimpily by a trick that only works on dragon slayers...I think that'll happen.
o think the translation that's out sounds a bit wierd

anyway, "Act of Elf", i'm not sure but from the context of the story, i think Luxus is whipping out something like "Fairy Law" to used against them... if the title of the next chapter is referring to Luxus, then i would go on to say that Luxus will want the spell to target his enemies and then it will be reviled that as much as he screams his anger, deep down he does not identify them as enemies and thus the spell will fail... aww...

i think this is gonna end in a rather anti-climatic fashion at this point
Old 2009-02-25, 08:02   Link #1039
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Very likely to happen, since Natsu also said "old man" in the previous page, implying it's one of Makarov's spells. Luxus said Rairyuu no hokou so that makes him the thunder dragon. Taking the elemental circle from Rave, Mashima fused "ocean" and "water" and removed "infinity", so we're left with earth/wind/water/light/dark, but since he introduced "iron",having "wood" as its reciprocal is also possible. Now, although having big fights is really fun and all, it wouldn't be so bad to keep the plot flowing-all we got to learn in this chapter is that Luxus is a DS and...yup,that's all. I'm hoping that Makarov will do a final spell to counter Luxus instead of him going all "I've seen the light" AND while he's at it, he could possess Luxus' body and take him out of the picture...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 10:10   Link #1040
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Doesn't it strike anyone else as odd that Gazille, the Steel Dragon, was sent undercover to infiltrate FairyTail by the rival clan? That feels just so obvious and generic.
I'm seriously hoping that at some point they will explain why Nastu and Gazille couldn't leave the guild at first. It only said that those made of stone and those older then 80 years could leave.

It's also getting a little silly how many people are looking like Gerard in this series. Hiro Mashima must have a real hard on for that design. Now Mist Gun has his face?

I love that this manga is published by DELRAY here in the US. I have almost all the current volumes published here in the States. Which aren't many, honestly. They also publish NEGIMA! and they keep the Japanese honorfics in the translations. It's great how close they keep to the original. I wish they published more of my favorite mangas.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen