AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2016-11-26, 07:05   Link #21
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Granblue Fantasy is from a mobage, not sure if I can get into it, but we'll see. Blue exorcist S2 is a natural follow-up, but that aside, I don't see anything really interesting. Carrying over Drifters and Bungou Stray Dogs S2.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-26, 09:11   Link #22
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Must Watch:
Rakugo S2
Youjo Senki
Konosuba S2
ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka
Little Witch Academia (TV)

Will Try:
Chaos;Child
Hand Shakers
Kuzu no Honkai
Gabriel Dropout
Granblue Fantasy
Masamune-kun no Revenge

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2017-01-07 at 02:11.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 22:45   Link #23
Kmos

What in the what what??? Saber Marionette J anime! I'm hoping for something great to come out of it. That is one of my favorite 90s anime. Here's hoping they do another fav of mine from the 90s, Nadesico, soon. That would make me weep with joy.

I just happened to pop in to check upcoming animes and had to unscramble my brain to remember my password to post here. Saber Marionette J - am so excited, hope not to be disappointed. Anyone with more details on this OAD or any Saber Marionette J media to come let me know please.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-10, 09:11   Link #24
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

No "oh I've gotta have it" must-watches, but I'll definitely try out:

Little Witch Academia
Chaos;Child
Demi-chan
Maid Dragon

...Well, it's better than the current season for me, which has been Detective Conan and Izetta and nothing else. @_@
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 16:20   Link #25
Dextro
He Without a Title

Well, I guess it's time to finally get round to picking some shows for next season then (or so I was prodded by the good folks at the Discord server).

Must watch:
  • Little Witch Academia - I liked the original enough to back the second OVA on Kickstarter so I'm 100% onboard with this remake. In Trigger we trust!
  • Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - It looks like this will be the pick for group viewing and it's KyoAni so at least it'll be nice to look at.
  • Tales of Zestiria the Cross Season 2 - I'm enjoying the anime story far more than the game one even if it ended the first season with some questionable decisions imho.
  • Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2202 - 100% must watch. 2199 was the best SciFi Anime I've seen in ages so I'm always up for more.
  • Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale - I'm a sucker for SAO so I'll be waiting to see how this one goes. I'm not too captivated by the AR thing they've got going for this movie, I'm much more interested in the escapism that the Full Dive represents but I've grown fond enough of the characters to skip this.

3 Episode rule:
  • Akiba`s Trip The Animation - This has everything in place to be a disaster but I'm game to see how it fast it goes off the rails. Gonzo is an absolute shell of what it was in the early 00s and the source isn't particularly stellar. What a recipe for success this has
  • Chaos;Child - Can they replicate the Steins;Gate success? No idea but I'll be there to see how it goes.
  • Kuzu no Honkai - I liked the premise so let's see how this goes
  • Seiren - I have no idea what this show will be like but the character design for some reason reminds me of Amagami SS so I'm taking a peek for that reason alone. So sue me
  • Bang Dream! - I'm pretty sure this won't be the next Love Live but start talking about mixing anime and music and I can't help but fall for the trap.

And that's about it. Hopefully you guys will let me know if another flip flappers shows up
Old 2016-12-11, 18:35   Link #26
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Probably just Rakugo 2 and Little Witch Academia.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 19:05   Link #27
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Not liking the looks of the season, too many fan service looking Anime. There's only one pratically Anime I'm looking forward that I thought was going to air in 2017 but nope.

What the heck happened to Fairy Tail 2 film? Did that get cancelled?

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-12, 11:04   Link #28
Alf

Many sequels and carryovers for this season, trying to keep the list small to spare time of something else:

TOZX (2nd cour) - Enjoyed the first cour, will continue to watch
Konosuba 2 - Again, enjoyed the first series
Chaos;Child - Seems to strangly attracted to this kind of show
Kuzu no Honkai - Heard something about the manga and expect some really messy and dark romance from noitaminA. Perhaps would be a good contrast to Saekano next season.
Rakugo Shinchu 2 - The first season was GOOD and can't wait to see more
Reikenzan 2 - Yeah, this one is bad and cannot expect to improve much. I'm just a sucker for wuxia materials, and would like to see one of the most interesting part of the whole story animated.

Carryovers:

3-gatsu no Lion
Gundam IPO2

Perhaps will pick up a few more like Maidragon or Gabriel Dropout later, but that's all for now.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 02:30   Link #29
Dr. Casey

I've been meaning to post here for a while, but I'm too lazy to do much of anything. I'll go ahead and get it out of the way since it's been nagging at me.

BanG Dream! - Idol shows are cool, they're probably the genre I check out the most consistently alongside mahou shoujos (though Love Live Sunshine 2 will definitely be the idol highlight for me if it makes it out next year).
Fuuka - Looks kind of interesting, though I'm mostly just checking this out to give me something extra to watch because this season looks kind of... yeah.
Kirakira☆Precure À La Mode - Now this is a show I am super hyped about. I want a preview or some promo art already.
KonoSuba Season 2 - The first season was a pretty solid 7/10 for me. I'm not in love with the series or anything, but it was fun.
Kuzu no Honkai - This is my kind of story. Some people don't like angst or drama or terrible people being terrible, but I will be very disappointed if this show isn't awash with those things.
Little Witch Academia - Seems like a warm, fun series. The announcement of it being a split two cour is really nice. Winter 2017 and Summer 2017 should both have some important memories attached to them (Winter being the first season I live in my own house and Summer being the first season of my 30s).
One Room - "The series will tell "three stories raised in your (one) room." Sounds experimental and maybe as though it has a small scope. I'm interested. Planning on watching the male version in the spring as well.
Seiren - Romance stories are nice, and I enjoyed Amagami SS.
Old 2016-12-18, 22:53   Link #30
Maxulous
mono no aware

Winter 2017 doesn't look any worse than usual.
Maxulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-19, 11:17   Link #31
PhoenixRising

Must Watch
  • Tales of Zestiria the X S2
  • Ao no Exorcist S2
Maybe
  • ēlDLIVE - I'm watching this mainly because of Saori Hayami.
  • Chaos Child - Seen the first Chaos Head anime, thought I should at least give this one a go.
  • Hand Shakers
  • Youjo Senki - not too sure about this one because of the character designs
  • Masamune-kun no Revenge - read the manga, thought I give it a try.
Carry Over
  • Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans S2
  • Trickster - I've been watching this since it started and I admit I didn't like it at first (mostly because of Hanasaki), but it's grown on me.
  • Aikatsu Stars - This is more of a guilty pleasure for Thursdays.
  • Cardfight Vanguard G Next
  • Sousei no Onmyouji
The only real bummer about this season is that since Miyu Irino is gonna go study abroad, he won't be appearing in any new series for a while.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 2016-12-19 at 11:44.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-23, 17:21   Link #32
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

Tales of Zestiria the X S2
Yamato 2202
Gundam IBO
Sousei no Onmyouji
Kamijou Touma IB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 15:32   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

KonoSuba
Ao no Exorcist
Kuzu no Honkai (because Noitamina)
Little Witch Academia
Gintama
Rakugo season 2
ACCA

Might and probably will pick up more depending on reception. I'll give Rewrite S2 a pass, given what a boring mess the first season was. Already played the game anyway, so there is little value in watching a rushed adaptation with mediocre animation.

Most anticipated are Gintama and Rakugou.
Old 2016-12-26, 21:34   Link #34
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Looking forward this winter to:

Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto no Fujouou-hen
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-29, 14:48   Link #35
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Very slim pickings this cour, but I think I'm going over to Scum's Wish as my most anticipated series of the cour. Having read a few chapters over at CR manga, it has a very interesting premise. Even I can't predict what's gonna happen, though I do admit that the childhood friend couple has only a slim chance. But that little hope is what is driving me, because it has been stated that the anime will cover the ENTIRE story, and that is very rare for a serious drama romance show.

Masamune-kun - This is my second most anticipated series. It would have been first, but having read what is available of the manga long before the anime was even announced, I can say that the haremy aspects of the series drag down what is supposed to be a 'revenge' story. If they only focused on the MC and the object of his revenge for the most part, it would have been my #1. Yeah I know I'm biased, but I'm hoping for the anime to focus more on the MC and his quest for revenge rather than the random girls that pop up in the story.

Chaos Child - heh, two childhood friends and it looks like they're the main heroine and the second main heroine. Can't go wrong with this one

Seiren - I've seen the PVs, and oh God Ayaneru as Hikari is so adorable. She's using a voice very similar to Iroha of Oregairu. Can't believe I'm looking forward to an omnibus series (though I personally think it's still lazy writing), but the combined forces of Ayaneru and another chlidhood friend character has proven to be strong.

One Room - heh, I only mention this because this will probably be slaughtered by Seiren as an omnibus romance. On the upside though, the childhood friend here seems to be more interesting than in Seiren, though the 'main heroine' is way more boring from what I've seen

Fuuka - Why do I even torture myself? Same as Suzuka, the childhood friend isn't the titular character. Even worse, the childhood friend is voiced by Hayamin, of still to this day I can't remove her from her Oregairu role and still am VERY frustrated to say the least (and after 1 year of not voicing childhood friends, why now? ). What have I done to deserve this? XD

Rewrite 2
Konosuba 2
A couple of second seasons, though I'm personally more interested in Rewrite, as HanaKana voices the main heroine.

Honorable Mentions
Acca 13 - the story is admittedly different, but I'm looking at the cast list, and the lack of ANY het ships worries me

Youjo Senki - House of Five Leaves author, which was incredibly unique, but also totally boring

Chain Cronicle - Ayaneru is voicing the main heroine right? Really weird that nothing has been announced yet, like Granblue fantasy in terms of casting

Hall of Shame
Little Witch Academia
I personally thought LWA was great as a short, but as a series? Probably would devolve into another 'cute girls doing cute things' anime, and that's just.... <groan>

Fate Grand Order
Shielder? Really? Shielder as a class now? <shakes head>

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-30, 23:51   Link #36
Darthtabby

Most anticipated new show for me is probably the new season of Konosuba, because the first season was a riot. After that is the Little Witch Academia TV series, because I loved the original OVA.

Aside from those two I'm also really looking forward to leading a weekly group watch of Full Metal Panic in anticipation of the new sequel that will begin airing in the Fall (the idea is that we'll watch an episode each week as if the show were currently airing). I'm hoping some of you will join me for that, especially those of you who haven't seen the series before (its available via streaming on Funimation's website).
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-01, 20:39   Link #37
rladls2121

Masamune-kun no Revenge is the only series I really want to watch right now.
Of course I might be tired of looking at how long this plot of revenge will drag on.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-02, 18:34   Link #38
Go0gleplex
The Old Guy

Only thing looks somewhat interesting is Demi-chan. Another disappointing season of blase' anime. Did they fire all the good story writers and artists two years ago?

"No society can thrive when it puts more money, effort, and emotion into its vices rather than its virtues."

Harem of choice? Uzume, Rory Mercury, Raphtalia, and Yasaka.
Go0gleplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 11:54   Link #39
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Only things I look forward to are:

- Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinju S2
- ACCA
- Little Witch Academia

Anything else, I'll wait for the reviews and see if there's something that seems interesting. Too little information right now.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 06:05   Link #40
seiftis
~defying fate

In my list:
Youjo Senki - it's interesting to see MC with twisted personality, we dont get this often.
Little Witch Academia - i didnt watch the original one, but everybody is hyped for it, so gotta be something.
Tales of Zestiria X 2nd - Enjoyed the first season, of course I'll continue.

Dropped:
Hand Shakers - Visually good but zero substance. It's a mess
Akiba's Trip - no no not my taste

Will try:
Granblue Fantasy