AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-25, 02:17   Link #81
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
@ BW95
Well first the loop cast sistem is used to cast the same spell faster by copying part of the activation sequence into the magician. Second i don't know how you have a decomposition AoE magic that doesn t target objects in the area (in the context of defending against bullets and missils as tats said).
The aoe decomposition protects him from projectile weapons and other stuff like that, even from effects of the spell like high pressure air, cold air, hot air etc stuff like that(like he did when he stopped lina vs myuki fight with gram dispersion)
But it doesn't help him with protection from spells, because that requires to target the magic sequence it self.

Quote:
@ IceHism
I don t know what is the diference in the spell to decompose when he decomposes diferent materials. I just read the mangas recently and as when he ko's hattori they say he couldn t have used loop cast to create the compound waves because he needed to use the spell with diferent activation sequences unless he did something even more complex (wich he did) i kind of thought diferent materials equals slighty dif activation sequences.
In his fight with hattori he used loop cast system to launch same spell tree times.
That spell was a simple oscillation magic, the difference was that the oscillations the spell produced were not set as constants(meaning producing the same oscillations every time) but as variables along with coordinates,intensity and duration. The result of this is that he can set different numbers to the variables without changing the spell activation sequence.
Think of it this way:
a simple oscillation spell would be like :
5+4+7+6 is the spell with 5 being the oscillations in the spell, 4 is coordinates, 7 is intensity, 6 is duration.
Now what tatsuya did to the spell was this:
a+b+c+d , all those stats set as variables meaning he can assign different values to those without changing the spell.
Example the spell can take this form 15+4+98+200 or 145+43+58+64 etc, The spell structure remained the same 4 numbers added together, just the effects are different and since the spell was the same ii was used via loop cast system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
You are a bit mistaken here. Firstly, Tatsuya explained in V12c1 he did not know how to use AOE defensive decomposition yet 3 years before in Okinawa. This was the reason stated in V8c16 why Honami went to help him. Because she noticed he had to individually identify each attacking object first and was pushed to his limits just disabling the enemy attacks.

Secondly, he was referring to protecting himself from the naval bombardment that Honami protected him from. It is not similar to wide area interference or data fortification. Barrier-type magic would be what it would be like, similar to the Speed type magic that was used by 9th High in V4c13. Instead of reducing speed, Mist Dispersion would take effect.
Thirdly, we have seen Tatsuya already uses 2 versions of small AOE Decomposition for offense. The first is a pinhole sized, linear-version of AOE Mist Dispersion seen first in v2 and the 2nd is a Mist Dispersion coating on his hands to give them a magical 'knife edge'.
i know that, i meant similar to ZI because its an area of effect spell i was not referring to how the spell works, and similar to DF because data fortification also helps with protection from projectile, magic effects etc. But yeah yo can call it a barrier type magic. maybe we should name it " Null Barrier" and stop using aoe decomposition for it, such a mouthful.
Mist dispersal is a single target spell, but yeah we could say Aoe decomposition is like area of effect MD.
And didn't he used this aoe decomposition when he stopped miyuki and lina fight by using gram dispersion to dispel the magic?
I know it doesn't state its was aoe decomposition but it said the hot and cold air was stopped by an invisible wall in front of him. wasn't that aoe decomposition?
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 02:20   Link #82
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Still consfuse on gram dispersion and mist dispersion is it similar or different gd is for gram demolition and md is for decomposition
Old 2014-04-25, 02:28   Link #83
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
The aoe decomposition protects him from projectile weapons and other stuff like that, even from effects of the spell like high pressure air, cold air, hot air etc stuff like that(like he did when he stopped lina vs myuki fight with gram dispersion)
But it doesn't help him with protection from spells, because that requires to target the magic sequence it self.

i know that, i meant similar to ZI because its an area of effect spell i was not referring to how the spell works, and similar to DF because data fortification also helps with protection from projectile, magic effects etc. But yeah yo can call it a barrier type magic. maybe we should name it " Null Barrier" and stop using aoe decomposition for it, such a mouthful.
Mist dispersal is a single target spell, but yeah we could say Aoe decomposition is like area of effect MD.
And didn't he used this aoe decomposition when he stopped miyuki and lina fight by using gram dispersion to dispel the magic?
I know it doesn't state its was aoe decomposition but it said the hot and cold air was stopped by an invisible wall in front of him. wasn't that aoe decomposition?
In the lina vs miyuki he stoped their spells with a normal gram dispersion and then starts lamenting that he doesn t have the magic to defend himself against the cold and heat of their spels and in the last minute miyuki protects her oni-sama with a barrier spell. And again for the 1000th time decomp cant stop cold and heat! And other things like that. What he can actually do is destroy other ppl spels!

And btw how can DF help against projectiles or effects from magic?????
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 02:30   Link #84
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Still consfuse on gram dispersion and mist dispersion is it similar or different gd is for gram demolition and md is for decomposition
Gram dispersion decomposes magic sequences and activation sequences
MD decomposes phisical bodies
Gram demolition disrupts magical and activation sequences
Old 2014-04-25, 02:40   Link #85
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
gram dispersion = a spell from the counter-magic class, its targets both activation sequences or the magic sequences after the spell was casted and it decomposes them back into the psions that formed them.This requires the caster to identify and target the activation/magic sequence in ID. It has no visual effect in reality.And yes gram dispersion is a counter-magic that uses decomposition.

Gram demolition = is not a spell, its just an counter-magic that relies on brute force to blow away other magicians magic.
Think like this, a activation/magic sequences is like a brick wall formed from many bricks(aka psions) and gram demolition is like a High Explosion Round fired from a tank, when the round hits the wall the wall goes kaboom in little pieces.
Or mahouka explanation the psion bullet is composed from psions compressed in to a small form, then this bullet it fired at the enemy activation sequence and upon impact the bullet breaks apart, the high pressure of the expanding psions from the bullet will brake apart the psions the comes together to form the activation sequence.
The gram demolition far strike variant = also affect pushions and the result can be either the magician is knocked out or suffers mild damage resulting in a inability to cast a spell immediately after the far strike hit.

Mist Dispersal = it is a decomposition spell, that targets information bodies in order to interfere with that information body structure. The effects of the spell are determined by the caster meaning it can decompose only parts of the information body or the entire information body.

Quote:
In the lina vs miyuki he stoped their spells with a normal gram dispersion and then starts lamenting that he doesn t have the magic to defend himself against the cold and heat of their spels and in the last minute miyuki protects her oni-sama with a barrier spell. And again for the 1000th time decomp cant stop cold and heat! And other things like that. What he can actually do is destroy other ppl spels!

And btw how can DF help against projectiles or effects from magic?????
Since magic is a science then technically decomposition can stop them like this.

Now tatsuya decomposition works from molecules down to energy, meaning he can decompose molecules in atoms, atoms in subatomic particles, sub atomic particles in fundamental subatomic particles(this last part releases an enormous quantity of energy aka Material Burst).
Take miyuki spell for example, it uses oscillation to slow air molecules to reduce friction between them in order to lower the temperature, this is the pshysics explanation Maxwell and Boltzman theory on gases.And yes air is formed from molecules like h2 o2 n2 c02 etc all molecules.
Now while the spell is in effect the speed of the molecules will be very low in order to generate negative temperature, when you dispel the spell, the molecules not under the oscillations effects will start to revert to their normal state of motions they had before the spell, the thermal energy will transfer through conduction and convection through out the air in all direction.
Now if the cold/heat air comes from his front for example, if he decomposes the air in front of him that will stop the heat transfer process in that specific direction, then thermal energy will start dissipating in the other direction away from the part were the air was decomposed.

Last edited by SoboSobo; 2014-04-25 at 04:20.
Old 2014-04-25, 02:40   Link #86
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Gram dispersion decomposes magic sequences and activation sequences
MD decomposes phisical bodies
Gram demolition disrupts magical and activation sequences
I know I'm just confuse on the dispersion part

Speaking of which can he combine any other magic to his original spell decomposition

For example fusion of 2 dispersion is it possible? or any other spell combine magic of the siblings coctyus/nipelhm with decomposition like the Saegusa twins
Old 2014-04-25, 02:47   Link #87
Diocar

Quote:
I know I'm just confuse on the dispersion part

Speaking of which can he combine any other magic to his original spell decomposition

For example fusion of 2 dispersion is it possible? or any other spell combine magic of the siblings coctyus/nipelhm with decomposition like the Saegusa twins
Tats and miyuki can share their magic by touch (its a yotsuba thing). For ex: against the parasites tats touches miyuki and shares his elemental sight so that she can target the parasites with cocytus.
Old 2014-04-25, 03:07   Link #88
IceHism

Quote:
Tats and miyuki can share their magic by touch (its a yotsuba thing). For ex: against the parasites tats touches miyuki and shares his elemental sight so that she can target the parasites with cocytus.
He doesn't share elemental sight, he sent psions into her body and directly into her MCA so Miyuki had all the variables set and just needed to activate the spell. The only reason she saw the parasite at that point was because the MCA is part of her brain and since she knew exactly where it was, she could see the pushions at that moment.

The same technique was used when Miyuki and Tatsuya were getting tailed by a familiar and he sent the psions directly into her to have her destroy the body.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 12:26   Link #89
Guest2

Quote:

Compund magics do exists as mentioned in V4 bu I see little point in combining Cocytus, Niflheim and Decomposition. Normally limits apply to what spells can be combined, first depending on if the combined spells are from the same System Group of magic, then depending on whether a general model CAD or a specialized model CAD is used. But in v4 we see his triple Decomposition magic, Trident spell, incorporates counter-magic decomposition spells as well as a final full-body Mist dispersal type spell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Which spell do you believe is more potent? The trident or mist dispersal? It seems like mist dispersal is used for mostly incapacitation (like when he shot the little pinhole things into the blanche members or into Lina) and trident seems to make the whole body decompose (yokohama/okinawa/no head dragon)
I believe both can be just as deadly, but Trident would be more potent simply because it instantly destroys any magic defense before doing the same thing as Mist Dispersal.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 14:28   Link #90
Rava

Just a reminder that "Trident" isn't a spell itself, but a nickname for the combination of Dispersals/Dispersions Tatsuya uses to wipe out things. So a comparison between Trident vs. Mist Dispersal is basically asking what's more effective, 1-3 Mist Dispersals and Gram Dispersions or just 1 Mist Dispersal? :P
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 22:09   Link #91
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
Just a reminder that "Trident" isn't a spell itself...
Trident is stated to be what the 101 refer to the three consecutive Decomposition magics incorporated into one Magic Sequence, so I'm going to continue calling it a spell since the novel explains it that way.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 00:03   Link #92
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
Trident is stated to be what the 101 refer to the three consecutive Decomposition magics incorporated into one Magic Sequence, so I'm going to continue calling it a spell since the novel explains it that way.
yup one spell to destroy zone interference, second to destroy data fortification, and third to vaporize the target.

The triple spell aka the trident, seems like an analogy to the triple gun shots used by highly train soldiers/agents/assassins when the put 3 bullets in the heart in a triangular shape aka triple tap.
Old 2014-04-26, 21:58   Link #93
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quick question how rich is tatsuya now? As silver sorry if its confusing don't know where should I ask this ._.
Old 2014-04-26, 22:39   Link #94
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Quick question how rich is tatsuya now? As silver sorry if its confusing don't know where should I ask this ._.
Richer than the average person, but not to the point ranking about the commercial elites of the country. In the 9SC arc it's mentioned Shizuku offered him a engineer contract that would have paid out several times what Taurus Silver earned, and her family is among that elite part of the country.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 22:41   Link #95
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Richer than the average person, but not to the point ranking about the commercial elites of the country. In the 9SC arc it's mentioned Shizuku offered him a engineer contract that would have paid out several times what Taurus Silver earned, and her family is among that elite part of the country.
I see just re-read vol 4 and I'm curious on how much did tatsuya pay haruka sensei ._. So I post question here on how rich is tatsuya is ^-^
Old 2014-04-27, 00:45   Link #96
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
I see just re-read vol 4 and I'm curious on how much did tatsuya pay haruka sensei ._. So I post question here on how rich is tatsuya is ^-^
he was pretty rich during 9sc not fortune 500 rich but still pretty good, now with the flight type magic cads hitting the market at the end of first year his wealth should go even higher since his patent holds a market monopole on that type of magic and not only civilian sales but also military contracts like jsdf, usna etc are also buying those.

Now in second year of high school the new "thought controled cad" being completed and will probably hit the market soon its another technology that will supplement his income.

But a clear figures were never stated but we can assume his income will be pretty high.
Old 2014-05-02, 07:30   Link #97
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Looks like in absorption, you take two things and make them one thing. (Iron + oxygen = rust.) In convergence, you just gather stuff in one place.

The one I don't get is the difference between movement and acceleration. Really, the differences between acceleration, aggravation, movement and oscillation seem rather arbitrary and vague.
Well, oxygen atoms negates the electromagnetic attraction between iron particles (in iron crystal structure), hence rust. The key is with electromagnetic attraction factor.

You also use photon particles to cause freezing e.g. laser (phase coherent photon particles) based cooling.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 07:17   Link #98
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Can anyone explain to me why Ancient Magic is inferior to Modern Magic?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 07:36   Link #99
Echizen777

Ancient Magic is outdated because it needs a more time to activate the magic while with the CADs a magician can use a magic in a fraction of seconds, it has its advantages but it ultimately looses to the speed of Modern Magic. It doesn't mean they are not strong Ancient Magic users though. Yakumo is a good example, even if he would disagree with this term .
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 07:40   Link #100
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Another question: do magical martial artists exist in Mahouka? I mean, it doesn't make sense if China doesn't have schools that teach martial arts techniques that count as Ancient Magic too... unless martial arts is a different discipline than magic.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote