Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-04-16, 21:01   Link #161
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
I had fun coming up with custom strings, alternating between the X (O) and Square keys to keep things from getting boring.

Yeah, agree 100%. I got bored of playing KH1 pretty fast. However, with KH2 it's another story. Even in low levels Sora manages to get some pretty lenghty combos, and the skills to throw your opponent in the air and CONTINUE with an air combo were just awesome. Even the shortcuts. In KH1 you could only add spells to the shortcuts, but in Kh2 you can also add items, which helps a lot if you're on a pinch.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 21:17   Link #162
Bishoujomae

Still haven't completed KH2 yet but I'll finish that soon after all my exams, and I hope there will be some super boss like KH1 (like in the colossium) for KH1 I beat Sephoriph at lvl 86 :P (expert mode)
Bishoujomae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 07:48   Link #163
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Still haven't completed KH2 yet but I'll finish that soon after all my exams, and I hope there will be some super boss like KH1 (like in the colossium) for KH1 I beat Sephoriph at lvl 86 :P (expert mode)
It does. Yet I heard that the Hades cup was terrible. 50 fights, 49 are hard-medium and yet the last one (Against Hades) was pretty easy.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 21:42   Link #164
Tiamat
Mistress of the Keyblade

Location: Clashing swords with Cloud, Sephiroth, Riku & Sora.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHoney
@Tia. Nice Riku avatar guessing you like him to Yay another Riku fan ^^
Aw thanks, I love my avy too. Yes, I am a first and foremost a Riku fan then Sora. He's so cool and his character background and story are nicely thought out. He's a character who welcomed his darkness and is coping and controling it and is winning. He has great friends (especially Sora, Kairi and Mikey) that care for him deeply so he won't slip into the depths of evil. Sorry, had a moment.

Still working on the Paradox Hades Cup Lvl. 99. Argh that's a pain. Now currently playing KH:COM on the GBA. Just got it actually. I wanted to see exactly how the rest of Orginization XIII got dropped down to half it's members, plus I want to battle them. That and I hear there's a nice spoiler about Riku in it too.

Oh also I don't know if anyone heard or not but Nomura will be having something special happening about KHIII and KH in general at E3 06 in May. Curious what's going to happen. Read that at Gamespot.
Tiamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 09:58   Link #165
Renesis-C
Senior Member...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator
I personally thought battles were -more- dynamic than before - there's a level of interactivity that wasn't there before. In the first game, battles were little more than mashing the X (or O for imports) key - even the added specials in Final Mix were little more than randomly-activating tack-ons to standard combos. KH2 had a much larger degree of variety - not only with the interactivity prompts, but with the ability to use different attacks within combos - I had fun coming up with custom strings, alternating between the X (O) and Square keys to keep things from getting boring.
My comment was more the fact that the combat (to me) lost sparkle because:

1) Till Kh1 i hadn't played many action-rpg's before, so the constant battle system was new to me. The original shock that it wasn't turn based really made KH1 special to me. Obviously over time and after playing more games like this (Devil May Cry and God of War which both have much deeper combat) the initial Impact is kind of gone now.

2) If you take the essential combat attacks required to beat the game, then your basically stuck to the button X and the occasional triangle for reaction. The other combat tricks are just what they are, tricks. It's not that they lack depth or anything, it's just that since they are never a requirement to beat the game, most players wouldn't take the time to use them. The reason I like this combat system in kh2 less than Kh1 (though i really like both) is because Kh1 had bosses which required certain combat skills (like magic).

But yeah, like i said before, I think this game is great. In some aspects much better than the first and other aspects not as good. But because the first was the first (so i got the initial wow factor with the fusion of disney and FF characters. Aswell as the combat system) and the not-so linear aspect of the worlds, I like KH1 more.
Renesis-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 14:24   Link #166
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Razer's log. Day 5.

My total gameplay hours are above 17, but however, due to the garage work, I have spent over 5 of those hours pausing.

I just completed Port Town (or whatever it's called). Once again, some close calls, but an overall easy battle. I could not help but notice that the worlds are shorter and the bosses are easier. Even on Proud mode I have yet to get an ass-kicking. The many world's that came back infuriate me because it seems lazy at times. There are plenty more Disney movies that they could base worlds off of. They could've used Snow White or The Sword and the Stone. Hell, even The Black Cauldron would make the game feel newer and more original than the first. Instead, we get Treasure Island and movies named "NOT The Emperor's New Groove". Although, I will have to forgive them since the world's have more detail and story behind them that you have to go back for (which is pretty sweet).

By the way, the battle system kicks some ass and takes some names.

End transmission.

P.S. After playing for three days, my IIDX skills have gone down a bit. Now I am having trouble beating Spica 7K again and now I can only C Quasar 7K instead of a high B. I was so damn close to an A.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 07:17   Link #167
naruto123

One thing though: if you want the special ending then do it on proud mode
and seal all the keyholes or you can do standard and complete all of jimminy's journal. On easy you can't get it. also if you want the final form you need to first beat memory's skyscraper and then you will randomly turn into it and obtain it.
naruto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 13:05   Link #168
sinistral
SOS団

Just play the Proud Mode. No matter what you do, as long as you beat the final boss you get to watch everything. I think completing 100% of the Jiminy's Journal is a serious bitch. You have to do MANY times.. it's practically time wasting.. The mini-games are fun, but trying to beat the high-score to get the entry on the Journal(for example, the Underworld Colosseum) is just... pulling-hair experience.
sinistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 13:19   Link #169
naruto123

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinistral
Just play the Proud Mode. No matter what you do, as long as you beat the final boss you get to watch everything. I think completing 100% of the Jiminy's Journal is a serious bitch. You have to do MANY times.. it's practically time wasting.. The mini-games are fun, but trying to beat the high-score to get the entry on the Journal(for example, the Underworld Colosseum) is just... pulling-hair experience.
I totally agree with you its a drag.
Old 2006-04-22, 15:39   Link #170
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto123
I totally agree with you its a drag.
I dunno- I am playing on Proud mode; the game got WAY easier after the first couple of hours. I never die at this point (just got to the TRON world) and I almost wish it was a tad bit tougher.

I've been completing the extra challenges as I go- they really don't seem that bad, and I very much enjoy the colloseum. If you think they're that bad, I'm guessing they get harder later in the game? At this point, I'm definitely aiming for 100% completion.
Old 2006-04-23, 12:58   Link #171
Haseo
The Terror Of Death

Location: Hell, North Carolina, United States of the Shitty America
Send a message via AIM to Haseo Send a message via MSN to Haseo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinistral
Yet that adds to the game, gives it a replay value. Since most people will play it on standard the first time around, alot will attempt to finish the journal to get the Secret Ending. Personally, the game doesn't really have any replay value other then completing the journal, because 1) the prelude is... MMMMM... to do over again, 2) once you know what's going on, it's not fun to go through it all over again.
Haseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 22:09   Link #172
naruto123

The game needs to be harder because proud mode is like easy mode on number one.
Old 2006-05-03, 19:22   Link #173
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto123
The game needs to be harder because proud mode is like easy mode on number one.
yeah....I beat it a week ago on proud....I think I died maybe twice after the first boss.
Old 2006-05-03, 21:25   Link #174
naruto123

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
yeah....I beat it a week ago on proud....I think I died maybe twice after the first boss.
Demyx, Sephiroth, and Xaldin were the only bosses that i died on.
Old 2006-05-08, 17:55   Link #175
naruto123

Synch blade

Hey I was wondering if sora can hold two keyblades when not in a drive form Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to know!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by naruto123; 2006-05-08 at 19:31.
Old 2006-05-12, 09:23   Link #176
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
you can refer to the guide book beside the game disc.it's on page 8/10. i hope that helps.

Last edited by SweetSpring; 2006-06-02 at 21:01.
SweetSpring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 08:03   Link #177
ryuusei

Does anyone know what the release date for the game is for Australia ???

i think EB games (my main games supplier) is lying to me since first they said it was at May 26th then june then july and now its gona release in August....

seriously wtf Americans and Japanese have got them like for 6 and 3 months already respectively

Last edited by ryuusei; 2006-05-20 at 19:02.
ryuusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 17:48   Link #178
Liquidus
╞╩╗

Worth the close to 4 year wait. Working on the lv. 99 Hades Cup. Tried it once so far, failed because I lost all my battle points at stage 20, that sucked. Ah well, time to try again....
Liquidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 18:55   Link #179
VelvetNinja

I saw the Secret Ending for KH2 online. But right now I'm trying to get the Secret Ending myself in Standard mode. I locked all the worlds, but completing Jiminy's Journal is soooo annoying . Did anyone defeat Sephiroth yet? I'm on lv. 70 and I still can't beat him. One of my friends told me that this guy reached above lv. 100 and was able to defeat him. If you do the game on Proud mode, all you have to do is lock the worlds. I looked that up at IGN.com.
VelvetNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 00:09   Link #180
naruto123

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetNinja
I saw the Secret Ending for KH2 online. But right now I'm trying to get the Secret Ending myself in Standard mode. I locked all the worlds, but completing Jiminy's Journal is soooo annoying . Did anyone defeat Sephiroth yet? I'm on lv. 70 and I still can't beat him. One of my friends told me that this guy reached above lv. 100 and was able to defeat him. If you do the game on Proud mode, all you have to do is lock the worlds. I looked that up at IGN.com.
U can't go past lvl 99 but heres a tip that i got from a friend
Have alot of elixers and if you can get the ultima wepon it helps.
Also be ready for the move where he says"Sin..Heartless angel!"
That is when sephorith flys in the air and also on proud mode it is very
easy to get the secret ending like you said. Thats all i got on sephiroth sorry...