AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-12-18, 12:03   Link #7341
bigemperor

thank you so muuuuuuuuuuuch
bigemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 12:45   Link #7342
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Was there supposed to be an end credit with all the characters names? I never saw one...

Sorry if this was brought up on a previous page.
Old 2011-12-18, 12:50   Link #7343
Teapot

Send a message via MSN to Teapot
Exclamation

It looks like I have a peculiar problem over here. My game closes abruptly when I'm told the very first riddle and I'm taken to the riddle screen where I'm supposed to answer. I went back to an earlier save and now it also closes when I have to choose a slice of cake.

EDIT: FIXED it by re-installing the game.

Last edited by Teapot; 2011-12-18 at 13:16.
Teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 12:57   Link #7344
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
Was there supposed to be an end credit with all the characters names? I never saw one...

Sorry if this was brought up on a previous page.
I believe it comes up with the "Trick End." Unless you chose that end but didn't see it.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 13:36   Link #7345
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
I believe it comes up with the "Trick End." Unless you chose that end but didn't see it.
I went with the "Magic" choice and haven't gone back to see the "Trick" one yet. That would be why
Old 2011-12-18, 13:54   Link #7346
Ichigo-Sora
*Graphic Designer

Thanks for all your hard work, Witch Hunt!
Old 2011-12-18, 14:03   Link #7347
Darck

App quits immediately on my Mac. I used the install by CD process. Anyone know how to fix?
Darck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 14:12   Link #7348
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darck View Post
App quits immediately on my Mac. I used the install by CD process. Anyone know how to fix?
Might or might not work, but you may want to give this a try:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto View Post
Select the program (Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru), then go to File->Get Info, and check "Run in 32-bit mode."
Old 2011-12-18, 14:15   Link #7349
Darck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
Might or might not work, but you may want to give this a try:
This got it to start perfectly, thanks.

Edit: Starts fine, but no backgrounds, the screen is totally black. Text still appears but the game crashes if I try to start up an Episode.
Edit 2: Tried to use the non install version and I got it working. Seems casting time spells causes crashes though.

Last edited by Darck; 2011-12-18 at 14:39.
Darck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 16:00   Link #7350
sailorsean

Any word about Tsubasa being fully translated? I know a few stories are already done. But the last time I checked, it was back in January. I've also heard of Ougon Muso Kyoku having a patch somewhere as well, but I haven't checked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorsean View Post
I had a dream last night that both Little Busters! and the Ep. 8 patch would be released today.
Heh, some dream right?
Woohoo! Looks like I was somewhat right... (Off by one day for Little Busters!)

By the way, I finished the episode and I enjoyed the translation immensely. Thanks again, Witch-Hunt. You are amazing <Yes>
As bittersweet as the ending was, it truly was a masterpiece. Ryu really is a genius.
sailorsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 17:06   Link #7351
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorsean View Post
Any word about Tsubasa being fully translated? I know a few stories are already done. But the last time I checked, it was back in January. I've also heard of Ougon Muso Kyoku having a patch somewhere as well, but I haven't checked...
Witch Hunt has said repeatedly, although not recently, that they would like to translate all the extra stuff if they have time. Tsubasa's not fully translated, as he patched already existing translations of the TIPS into the game, and if I remember correctly, some of the TIPS weren't translated. There's demand for an Ougon patch, but it doesn't exist whatsoever.
Old 2011-12-18, 17:14   Link #7352
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Since the matter was brought up, allow me to explain:

Episode 8 took a year, and that's really not because it "really" required that time, but mostly we were just unable to work on it for like 6-8 months (already explained many times why). Even if we managed to go through Episode 8 nearly as fast as we did with previous patches, it doesn't mean we will have as much free time for the rest.

What is however something more important to note is that we are all affected by a severe burnout for this series. Not like we have enough of Umineko or WTC/07th expansion stuff, but working for nearly 4 years on the same thing ought to make us run out of steam.
Therefore, we sort of need of a break (especially chrono) and I frankly have no idea if we will proceed to do anything else in the future, after this adventure.

That being said, we aren't entirely done with Umineko and we will see if we have the time -and- energy for the finishing touch (Tsubasa, Ougon Musou etc). But right now, we are sort of... well resting in the Golden Land after hunting after it from the beginning.
Old 2011-12-18, 17:23   Link #7353
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
You guys DESERVE a break! Take as long as you need, or take an Endless rest... kihihihihihi~.
Old 2011-12-18, 17:26   Link #7354
Ander

Thank youuuuu so much! I've finished it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
Ok, this was awesome xD. I was surprised when I read "From Venezuela" (I'm venezuelan, too!)
n__n
Ander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 17:53   Link #7355
ElderKain

Arrow

Where did the translation from the 50% release end, becasue i'm not sure where it's located.

Is it at "Black Cat Scratch Marks"? or is it somewhere else?
because I looked back, and i don't remember Bern's Puzzle...

I had to re-install my computer awhile, back and I don't have my previous game save...
Old 2011-12-18, 17:55   Link #7356
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It is indeed the last chapter shown on our special chapter skip spell feature, Black Cat Scratch Marks (which was used as our teaser back in the 50% patch).
Old 2011-12-18, 17:56   Link #7357
ElderKain

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It is indeed the last chapter shown on our special chapter skip spell feature, Black Cat Scratch Marks (which was used as our teaser back in the 50% patch).
Ok, then what was Bern's Puzzle? because I don't remember it or the purple text...
Old 2011-12-18, 18:05   Link #7358
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderKain View Post
Ok, then what was Bern's Puzzle? because I don't remember it or the purple text...
Spoiler for Bern's game:

Last edited by CrimsonMoonMist; 2011-12-18 at 19:35.
CrimsonMoonMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 18:53   Link #7359
Corfish1001

I finally finished it. Absolutely beautiful, I cried so many times. I would like to once again thank Witch-Hunt for translating this beautiful series. I know many people said it before, but this series has truly changed my life, especially in my way of thinking.

I do wonder though, why were there people who seemed to have issues with this entry? I feel like the ending did more than enough justice for the series, and ended in the perfect manner for the series.

Either way, I truly to look forward to the next "When Something Cries". I feel like my journey with Beato and Battler has prepared me to face the next wicked tale Ryukishi can throw at us, much more so than Higurashi did for Umineko. (Though I did read Higurashi AFTER I started Umineko, so I was slightly at a disadvantage towards the way he works I think xD)
Corfish1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 18:58   Link #7360
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corfish1001 View Post
I do wonder though, why were there people who seemed to have issues with this entry? I feel like the ending did more than enough justice for the series, and ended in the perfect manner for the series.
Well some people really wanted Prime's truth, which they didn't get.
I'd also say a large part of the people who had issues with it based their issues on spoilers/summaries before reading the actual thing. I can't be certain of it, but it sounds likely to me.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation