AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2015-01-23, 00:43   Link #321
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think the first chapter of the fourth volume is starting to shape up. I have to decide whether I'm going to put it here or not. Frankly, I was hoping for some reviews or feedback from all the free copies I gave out for the first volume off of Smashwords.

Over 50 Animesuki readers took me up on the 100% off coupon. Not a word of feedback, and not a single review as far as I can tell. I'm tempted to take that as "my work here is done". Utter silence.

I can't be everywhere. I have to focus on where people are responding.
You can find me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bhbranham
My blog is http://bhbranham.blogspot.com
Twitter, Tumblr - search on "bhbranham"

I know people are visiting - I can watch the view counts. So, I'd appreciate reviews on Amazon or Goodreads. Costs nothing.
Old 2015-01-30, 16:53   Link #322
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Almost the entirety of volume 3 of the series takes place in Japan. Tsika and Glycerin sing in Japanese for a few tunes -- here's a cover of a Scandal tune.
"Queens are Trump"

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-02-12, 04:33   Link #323
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Pretty much this is the way the band looks at the end of volume 3. Naturally things are going to change dramatically as the band moves deeper into their quest to "make it".

YouTube

You can read four short stories on my blog. Free. They're flashback stories about the Women of Rocket Science, back when they were young teens. I'm doing a few more then will package them as a book. I'm also having them translated into Polish as I seem to have attracted a rather large Polish following thanks to the Polish model who plays Tsika for me on my book covers. You can visit her FB page ( Mamiko ).
My short stories are at http://bhbranham.blogspot.com .
Old 2015-02-22, 02:13   Link #324
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Book series status

Volume 4 is going to be rather like volume two, a number of story threads and adventures. Blar, Tsika, and Glycerin have to work their threesome life. Glycerin continues her evolution as a dual personality. The band has a record to cut. There's an East European tour adventure - we are introduced to a new character Nadia who takes the roller coaster ride in new directions. Sashiko and Hank provide their own twists ... the turns and twists of life while trying to "Go Big" as a band.

The video shows some of the band as they look in volume 4.
The new character Nadia on bass guitar, Tsika on vocals, Glycerin on lead, and a pink-haired Kpau on drums.
YouTube

I'm having more photo shoots done in 2015 for promotional work and future book covers.

The new musician Nadia (portrayed by Lady Sariel - yes that's her real hair)

Glycerin, a study in evolution (portrayed by Elisanth)

Tsika, doing some evolving herself (portrayed by Mamiko)
Old 2015-03-05, 13:47   Link #325
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

In related news, Harmonix has officially announced that Rock Band 4 will be released late in 2015.
http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/5/815...d-ps4-xbox-one

It's probably obviously by now that I'm a fan of this franchise. Downside is that they don't think they can get Sony and Microsoft to play nice together on everyone's existing DLC. So if you're xbox360, you're likely to have to buy an Evil XboxOne to keep your library going. I really would rather get a PS4 but since this is likely the only game I'll play on it outside of soccer games, not a horrible situation for me.
Old 2015-03-05, 22:37   Link #326
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I am writing volume 4 "out of order", meaning that I fill in the outline base on what part of the story I'm filling most creative in. So I'll post the occasional excerpt, short story, model pics, anything I put out on FB or my blog.

We will meet a new character in volume 4 as posted above -- Nadia, a Polish keyboardist and bass player who joins the band as a temp but hopes to make it permanent. Lady Sariel (Polish model/tailor and goofball) is going to portray her on a book cover and we're doing outfit planning now. Here's her first cut at it -- she made the corset herself. My only problem is that it is all black - some serious accessory work to brighten it up for a book cover, maybe a scalloped blouse and pretty necklace along with arm baubles.

Last edited by Vexx; 2015-03-05 at 23:12.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 00:59   Link #327
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Still writing volume 4 by slapping scenes on my story board outline. The nice part is I'm less likely to derail from the story mileposts. The bad part is it makes it tougher to show people. It's weekend so here's some mindless entertainment.

The band covers JOANovARC's "Say Sayonara" with-
Tsika Tsarinkov - vocals
Glycerin Wendham - lead guitar
Kpau Williams - drums
Nadia Wysocka - bass guitar
YouTube

Joan Jett's "Bad Reputation"
YouTube

Seether's "Fake It"
Blar - vocals, Tsika - bass, Kpau - drums, Glycerin - lead guitar
YouTube
Old 2015-04-19, 02:20   Link #328
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

A couple more that focus on Nadia, a musician who joins the band in volume 4. Took me a while to assign her a couple of tracks with voicing different from Tsika but fit her personality. Videos give a peek at later styles of Tsika, Kpau, and Glycerin as well.

YouTube

YouTube

Next few posts will contain story excerpts I think.
Old 2015-04-21, 16:16   Link #329
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

New or experienced readers can look at these short stories I've written. Each one covers an important moment during the teenage years of the women of Rocket Science.

You can reach the short story directory page at this link ->
Flashback! Short Stories From The Teen Years

1) "Duck! Rabbit! Duck! - A Love Story"
2) "Even Longer" (how Tee and Gee first meet)
3) "Spiders and Snakes" (how Tee and Gee get their first tattoos)
4) "Spider's Gift" (the tale of Tsika's first romance, occurs in high school)

The stories should be read in the order in which the page displays them.
Old 2015-05-20, 02:05   Link #330
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sorry, it has been really quiet -- been too f'ing busy. Photo shoots, translation projects, etc. Without a lot of detail ->

The first teaser view of Gothic Lolita Tsika. I have nearly 500 images to go through - some amazing pics to release later. Stay tuned to this thread if you like twin tailed gothic lolita. Some of her pics melt brains.

Test shoot under lights

Test shoot - amber eyes, pixie eyeliner, spider tattoo, blood lips, ribbons

Full with platform bootlet, outfit, twintails and ribbons
Old 2015-06-05, 00:21   Link #331
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

New Tsika Images (in Meme form)

Right, a few memes from the "New Tsika" session with Mamiko. Lots happening, 3 shoots in simultaneous process. Working on volume 4, Book festival coming up, Polish translation of series in progress (yes, I now have a pile of Polish fans thanks to Mamiko and Ewa).

For new readers ... if you like twin-tail tsundere, you'll love Tsika even if she is Russian. She's a real world version, much more complex but with the good and lethal of archetype.

Old 2015-06-15, 21:12   Link #332
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The updated Volume 2 cover is done. Here it is lined up with the other covers. They're much more obviously "part of the set". The old picture was pretty - but static and the source picture wasn't of good quality. Fixed that now - moving onto Book 4 cover.
Old 2015-07-13, 13:59   Link #333
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Phase 3 Glycerin photo session is complete. Here's a sample.

If you're unfamiliar with my story ... think of it as a "K-ON for grownups" but with a plot that progresses, romance, comedy, drama.
Glycerin here is the British six foot lead guitarist of the band. She suffers from several mental conditions but copes with life with the help of her best friend, a petite Russian Goth bass guitarist named Tsika. The two belong to an all female band called The Lost Girls, they are near bankruptcy when a new person joins the band with a bit of funding and connections from his previous band. And it's a guy.

Dark comedy and twisted romance follow, "It Really IS Rocket Science".

I keep working on these "30 second pitches" for when I talk to bookstores, publishers, and distributors.

Last edited by Vexx; 2015-07-13 at 14:11.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 13:01   Link #334
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I went to a book festival last weekend, had my own booth. Sold enough books to pay for expenses so it's good. The fun thing is that the festival takes place on the red-bricked plaza in downtown Portland exactly where Blar first sees Tsika Tsarinkov.

I keep thinking about taking this thread down. The story has evolved so much that looking at my early drafts is kind of painful. The published version is a LOT better. You can own the first 3 books for less than $12 on Kindle. (Just search for the book series title). Here's one of the prints I sold at the festival. I'm putting photo prints up for sale on my Etsy store (search on 'bhbranham')

The extreme limits on images (100KB ???? ) on the AS server means you can't see the really rich detail and textures in the images. These things look fantastic in real life.
Old 2015-08-17, 13:45   Link #335
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Those who have read along know that the shy, meek statuesque Glycerin likes to sing syrupy sugar-laden tunes. These contrast heavily with her guitar play which shrieks and tears the spacetime in the regions of hard rock and metal.
This is one of the oldest videos I ever put together, so it's not HD or widescreen - but it portrays the band characters as they looked in volume 1.
YouTube

Counter example of Glyc's guitar play
YouTube
Old 2015-10-10, 14:06   Link #336
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Attention. We have Kpau in the building. A model that Elisanth knew of, goes by Khimera. She is about as close as I have been able to find in affordable models. She has the attitude and high energy down. She also relates to Kpau - both were chubby as children and worked their way to more lean muscularity through all kinds of exercise.

New pictures of Tsika coming. Tsika evolves from Gothic Lolita to Metal Nu-goth as the story progresses. And it's pretty petite sexy.
Old 2015-11-07, 01:04   Link #337
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Way back in the first part of this thread are the rough drafts of the three novels I have published so far. They're really sketchy compared to the current editions, sometimes little better than outlines. You can get the books at Amazon, either in paperback or Kindle. I think the paperback covers are splendid and collectible. You can also get them at my Etsy store - just search on "bhbranham" or "rocket science" to find it.

In the meantime, we just finished a shoot for the cover of book 4. Some very nice pics. Here's some memes for your amusement.

Here's Tsika Tsarinkov, later in her career having mostly lain aside her twin tail gothic lolita wardrobe. She still dons it for special occasions.

I spent most of September in Europe. And actually got to meet two of my book cover models.Mamiko (who models Tsika) and Lady Sariel (who models a new character named Nadia) came down from Poland to meet me in Prague. Several days were spent with family and some other friends prowling the rock clubs and bars of the city. Even spent one evening in an absinthe bar.

For comparison, here's early Tsika
Old 2016-02-10, 18:54   Link #338
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I have been busy the last month or two. I have a Polish edition of my books in progress, with a small team that includes my Tsika Tsarinkov model who goes by the name Mamiko.

Book 4 of the series It Really IS Rocket Science is about 2/3 done. At this point, books 1, 2, and 3 read quite differently than the rough drafts I posted here over the last few years. Ebook prices are quite cheap and you can get a free Kindle reader for your computer.
ebooks -> http://www.amazon.com/Brad-H-Branham/e/B00GBM1T0Q
They are available at ANY AMAZON in any country. Just search on the title name or my author name "Brad H Branham".

Some recent pictures shot by the Women of Rocket Science.

Mamiko, a Polish Youtuber, Stream gamer, and model

More pics later tonight I think.
Old 2016-02-28, 02:25   Link #339
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Kpau is the blonde high energy Texan-born drummer of the band. The "genki girl".

The second Kpau session is done and post-processing is about to begin. I think everyone had a lot of fun with this session. Himera is "adorbz" as Kpau. There's a few shots of her just cracking up laughing, not usable but fun.
Here is a teaser preview giving some flavor of the sexy clown high energy goofball that Kpau can be. I came really close to choosing the comedic "I haz a hat!" for a book cover but decided on a nice confident muscular image to go with the other covers.

Old 2016-04-16, 01:59   Link #340
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Been a while. Here's the tentative cover for Volume 4 of the series. No, I don't publish the drafts here anymore. I offered free e-book files to the forum in exchange for reviews on Amazon. Lots of files given out - not one review. So it goes. I'm selling books anyway.

If Animesuki members ask me personally, I will *GIVE* you electronic ebook files - with your promise to write a review on Amazon for me.
(amazon author page) http://www.amazon.com/Brad-H-Branham/e/B00GBM1T0Q

Kpau, the band's drummer, makes the cover of the music industry magazine for drums.

Tsika, the bass guitarist and gothic lolita of the band, likes coffee.
Do not run out of coffee.

I will post a few extracts from volume 4 here -- but really, the Kindle versions are only a few bucks each and there's a free Kindle reader for PC and Mac.
The rough draft versions I posted here are woefully out of date. I have thought about taking them down but the admins here asked I leave them as history.

So stand by for "commercial extracts".
My Facebook page is where most stuff gets announced.
https://www.facebook.com/bhbranham

I also have a blogspot and a Deviant art page to visit.
http://bhbranham.blogspot.com/
http://bhbranham.deviantart.com/

Tags
comedy, drama, light novel, music, romance