AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-10, 11:02   Link #21
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Well, Kuro no Keiyakusha seems to mean "Agent of Black", so it's not exactly a direct translation.
Old 2007-02-10, 11:58   Link #22
wao
OK.

Yeah, and Bluer than Indigo comes from a proverb in Chinese (and Japanese as well I believe), it's a simile describing when the student becomes better than the teacher. 青出于蓝.

I think I haven't mentioned that I like the logo design for this anime. It's kinda cool. There, I said it.

I hope those people really weren't speculating just on the music that Kanno is doing the BGM for this anime, hopefully it's another case of those staff members leaking information. I did like that music...
Old 2007-02-11, 15:45   Link #23
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yeah I really liked that music too! Hope it's Kanno.
Old 2007-02-12, 11:50   Link #24
Rion
Ramune~

I think the whole design of the anime looks really cool so far. Considering that I don't much about the anime yet besides its appealing title, I'm really looking forward to it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Yeah, and Bluer than Indigo comes from a proverb in Chinese (and Japanese as well I believe), it's a simile describing when the student becomes better than the teacher. 青出于蓝.
Oh, I should have thought of this! Now the title also makes sense.
Fyi, the full quote would be 青出于蓝胜于蓝, but it's mostly shortened to 青出于蓝. It's pretty much not possible for me to translate it (literally), sorry, but actually it rather says "Indigo is bluer than blue". *ugh*
Old 2007-02-12, 16:08   Link #25
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

The music of that trailer gave me Cowboy Bebop vibes. o_O
Old 2007-02-12, 17:10   Link #26
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
The music of that trailer gave me Cowboy Bebop vibes. o_O
QFT. Though CB character designs>>>>>>>>>>>>>Darker than Black. I hope this one will be good. Didn't really like Ayakashi Ayashi.
Old 2007-02-13, 15:01   Link #27
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I agree the music sounds a lot like Kanno's work, but if it is indeed Kanno then this would be a trend-breaker. Darker than BLACK is an Aniplex production, and there has never been an Aniplex production which did not use Sony Music exclusively for the music. Sony is very protective of their own, and well, Kanno is under Victor Entertainment.
Old 2007-02-13, 22:02   Link #28
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Though the trailer was too short to take any sort of conclusion, this series seems interesting enough. And while it's true that the music in the preview sounds like Kanno, we have to admit that she's not the only one that's used jazz in anime. Besides, I'm sure they would be announcing Kanno with all their might were she the composer of the music for the series.

Character designs aren't too bad either. I particularly loved the design of a girl that flashed during a moment through the trailer.

The full site opens in two weeks... I wonder if the release date will be out then?
Old 2007-02-13, 22:16   Link #29
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Nice, this looks promising. Been waiting for good action anime. The character designs are good for me. I really like how the designer made the eyes of the characters. Of course, that is if you seen Rahxephon and Eureka7. Nothing new there. I'm also a fan of jazz music which gives this show something to look foward too. And I believe the animation will be top notch stuff because of BONES producing.
Old 2007-02-20, 00:30   Link #30
wao
OK.

Hm? It appears the official site updated with the cast... let's see, who do we have here..

copy-pasta from ANN:

Hei by Hidenobu KIUCHI

Huang by Masaru IKEDA

Yin by Misato FUKUEN

Mao by Ikuya SAWAKI

Kunio Matsumoto by Nobuaki FUKUDA

Mayu Ootsuka by Yuuna INAMURA

Misaki Kirihara by Nana MIZUKI

Misuzu Ooyama by Chika SAKAMOTO

Yoshimitsu Horai by Michihiro IKEMIZU

Yutaka Kouno by Kousuke TORIUMI

Yuusuke Saitou by Tomoyuki SHIMURA

Kiuchi!... I still can't shake off the image of Tenma and Toshihiko when someone mentions his name, and Tenma and Toshihiko totally do not go with the image of Hei I have. (...Especially Toshihiko and his bowel problems.) Well, whatever it is here's hoping it works out fine.

And ahahahaha Torikou as Yutaka! I am not surprised they picked someone with a solid fan following (well, sort of) for a character like that.
In case anyone needs their memory refreshed, this and this is what we know of the characters so far. Was this show featured in March Newtype? Anyone here who's read it?

Who's Kunio Matsumoto, Mayu Ootsuka, Misuzu Ooyama and Yoshimitsu Horai... I suppose one of them is le C.C.-ripoffe? I'm not in the mood to go dig out information from elsewhere right now..
Old 2007-02-20, 06:41   Link #31
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

The only one I know even remotely is Nana Mizuki. :3

Quote:
Who's Kunio Matsumoto, Mayu Ootsuka, Misuzu Ooyama and Yoshimitsu Horai... I suppose one of them is le C.C.-ripoffe? I'm not in the mood to go dig out information from elsewhere right now..
Oh, please. It's not a C.C-ripoff. Ruri Hoshino is the original. 8)

And I believe that this role is filled by Yin.
Old 2007-02-20, 11:45   Link #32
wao
OK.

Uh... are we misunderstanding something here? The C.C. ripoff I'm talking about is clearly a separate character from Yin, go see a scan I posted some posts back. There's Yin appearing in the same picture as some mysterious unnamed girl at the back who, design-wise, is nothing but a C.C. ripoff to me.

Hence, C.C. ripoff != Yin. (Unless you are suggesting that they're alternate personalities, which I deem highly unlikely because they look way too different)
And I would be delighted to hear your explanation as to why Ruri Hoshino is the template for C.C. seeing that I am a poor ignorant fool who has yet to watch Nadesico.
Old 2007-02-20, 13:31   Link #33
CelesAurivern
Mein Kampf :D
*Fansubber

Quote:
And I would be delighted to hear your explanation as to why Ruri Hoshino is the template for C.C. seeing that I am a poor ignorant fool who has yet to watch Nadesico.
Tsundere
Old 2007-02-20, 13:45   Link #34
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.d-black.net/staff.html

YOKO KANNO CONFIRMED! AND THE WORLD REJOICES IN HARMONY!
Old 2007-02-20, 14:02   Link #35
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post

Hurray! Hurray!
Old 2007-02-20, 16:13   Link #36
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post

Ooh fantastic news. My interest DTB has somewhat rocketed up of late with the teaser and now this. I hardly know any of the cast though, except Nana Mizuki and Kousuke Toriumi (from Pumpkin Scissors and Iroha) oh and Chika Sakamoto (who was Mei in Totoro). Interesting seiyuus though.
Old 2007-02-20, 16:30   Link #37
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Hence, C.C. ripoff != Yin.
Wasn't Yin the emotionless one? And isn't she the light-blue-haired girl with weird eyes?

Ergo... C.C.

Oh, and Ruri is the original Rei, if you can understand this explanation. 8)
Old 2007-02-20, 16:38   Link #38
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I think wao means the unnamed C.C clone in the bg in this one:

Old 2007-02-20, 18:24   Link #39
Zappster

Who else could it have been? Since the first post wao made on the matter and the first mention of C.C. ripoff she's always talked about how strikingly similar the characters look not their personalities. Seemed pretty obvious to me...
Old 2007-02-20, 18:51   Link #40
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Wasn't Yin the emotionless one? And isn't she the light-blue-haired girl with weird eyes?

Ergo... C.C.

Oh, and Ruri is the original Rei, if you can understand this explanation. 8)
Huh? Can't get to how you got to that conclusion since C.C. is far from being another Rei/Ruri weird-haired girl quiet girl.

And Wao, don't worry I wouldn't call C.C. derivative from Ruri, hell Code Geass character hardly fits in the tsundere term after all.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, supernatural