AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-03, 09:42   Link #201
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.5

well so this how lupin & jigen first met in egypt in while going a treasure peacock.

give lupin doing to get fujiko “treasure” while jigen doing need some cash.

oh quite the showdown they had give all of for fujiko get lupin do the dirty work for the peacock but yea need to escape.

so another day again for it all for lupin to catch fujiko & maybe meet jigen again.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 16:59   Link #202
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Interesting the 3 had to work together to save themselves this time.
Old 2012-05-04, 09:26   Link #203
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Oh good this episode is a step up from previous two, its great again, the eps suddenly became miles better with Jigen on it, can't be a coincidence.

The scene with Sandpool was horrible though.
Old 2012-05-04, 14:25   Link #204
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
There is definitely a bit of an "ick" factor in all this.

Seeing Jigen screw around with Fujiko, is like finding out your Dad was messing around with your high school sweetheart.

Seeing Zenigata with Fujiko, is like finding out your Grandpa was porking her too.
Except Jigen didn't really screw Fujiko. It was more like he was drugged and raped by her.

I find your analogy pretty funny because of the implication that Fujiko is close to a high school sweetheart. Even excluding the implied sex, she still has an impressive track record of deceiving and double-crossing. It's understandable to be disllusioned if Fujiko was originally a wholesome, honest girl, but a thief?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 14:51   Link #205
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

So far the episodes with Jigen in them have been great, I'll look forward to an episode with Lupin, Jigen & Goemon all in action at the same time.
Old 2012-05-04, 17:30   Link #206
solomon

Itsy Bitsy Magnum, LOL....

Fujiko is such a bitch.

This ep felt a lot like a Red Jacket episode only grittier. The drawings gave me total red jacket vibes too.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 09:11   Link #207
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
It took me 5 weeks but I finally found a chunk in the armor that is otherwise the shows near flawless audiovisual experience and its Mine Fujikos voice acting. Her tone never changes regardless of the situation. She can be sleazing up a guy or running from danger and she'll always have that same whimsical sort of high pitched sing song delivery. It hadn't bothered me up till this episode where Lupin and Jigen were all but voice acting circles around her in that pyramid scene. I hope there's a story coming up that forces Sawashiro to get a little more into the role cause right now its starting to feel like she's phoning it in just a bit.

I only mention this because as I mentioned the rest of the AV experience is otherwise as engrossing as I've seen in a while so any minor issue is going to stand out like a sore thumb.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 16:45   Link #208
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I don't know, I felt that sort of the thing Miyuki Sawashiro was aiming with this version of Fujiko. She is clearly more distant than anyone else, less passionate about what she is doing when compared to the rest of these master criminals. Hell, even her base character is less outlandish compared to Lupin and crew ... I think this sort of echo's what duckroll complained about her being a ''bad lead'' since she is so dispassionate when it comes to anything in the show (either behaviorally or vocally), but I don't know, I feel like there is a story here and this is leading up somewhere.
Old 2012-05-09, 12:49   Link #209
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 6

Finally another episode I can actually say that I really enjoyed. It's kinda sad that ep2 and ep6 are the only episodes I've honestly enjoyed complete so far. This week had pretty good flow between scenes and the direction was good. The setting and the script did a good job of engaging my interest, and I liked how the character dynamics worked. The later parts of the episode was pretty funny too, and I really enjoy the show a lot more when it's actually having fun with the material. I'm also biased towards lesbian storylines. :P
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 06:03   Link #210
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Wait!? Yuri?
Excuse me!
Old 2012-05-10, 06:35   Link #211
Kakkou
Tch.

Oh God, Yuki Kaji's acting this week. I never thought I'd hear something like that since he and Kouki Uchiyama did an imitation of Ai Kayano on Guilty Crown Radio Council.

But yes, this week had lots of lesbians.
Spoiler for ep6:
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 07:22   Link #212
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

so this week ep.6 is teaching with fujiko yea all girls school too & yet yuri in it sure who want fujiko’s “teaching”.

give it was a trap by oscar sure tied fujiko then pour wine on her (give also see owl flashback of her past of sorts).

yea but did not count lupin wrench to come in sure give school girls machine guns to chase lupin so trap him in glass house smoke.

but oscar sorta “failed” fujiko’s test cause his “weakness” oh boy now oscar want revenge on fujiko.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 07:23   Link #213
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
BEST...YUKI...KAIJI...ROLE...EVER!

Spoiler for ep6:
Old 2012-05-10, 09:50   Link #214
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Oh my... amazing episode once again, after having doubt with episode 3 and 4, the last two episode is really replenish my trust again... the directing n writing feel smooth and all that and the character don't feel too off again, and Fujiko actually not annoying and feel like a lead this time! (as much I like eps 5, fujiko annoy the crap out of me)

And yeah Kaji Yuki's acting is brilliant and this coming from guy that not liking most of his role.
Old 2012-05-10, 15:04   Link #215
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Just brilliant.
Old 2012-05-11, 01:12   Link #216
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
BEST...YUKI...KAIJI...ROLE...EVER!
I personally prefer Walker from Durarara, but Oscar is cool too.

I have said before that similar to Future Diary, this Lupin series is like an exploitation film. It doesn't really much make sense and feels like it was written sloppily, but it works in its own little world and has enough cheese to buy into the fact that the school is populated by lesbians who apparently carry SMGs.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 01:52   Link #217
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I can really see why Kaji Yuki has become Okada's go-to guy. Since he emasculates pretty much every guy he plays just by opening his mouth, half her work is done for her before she writes a word.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 02:10   Link #218
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

This show is so wonderful that I can't help but gush. Everything about it is amazing. I'm glad that an animated series can feature a female protagonist that is unashamed of her sexuality, regardless of any characters (and prudish viewers) attempting to slutshame her. I already consider it to be one of the best Japanese anime I've seen.
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 02:43   Link #219
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
this Lupin series is like an exploitation film.
And I watch Tarantino's films just for sheer fun.

Man, this episode is quite a killer, bar none... and Oscar got owned.
Old 2012-05-11, 03:04   Link #220
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
LOL this episode has Okada written over it. It even had the sparkly things. At first I was wondering if they were stealing from Shoujo Sect, but really the evil crossdresser lololol. And Yuki Kaji lol

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote