Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-02-27, 17:52   Link #2481
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
but...
Ichigo could see ghosts, spirits and shinigami's during that time. He was seeing Rukia but couldn't see hollows, right?

but Yuzu and Karin couldn't see shinigami's
at least, I don't ever remember them seeing one.
Karin can see shinigami just fine. That's how she knew Ichigo was one. Her spiritual powers right now are probably on par with Ichigo's at the beginning of the series. I wouldn't even be surprised if she revealed she became a shinigami during the time skip, though since it still hasn't happened, I guess it's unlikely.

Yuzu always had weaker powers. She can't even see ghosts IIRC.
Old 2013-02-27, 19:07   Link #2482
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
so... Ichigo's mother was.......

well... not surprised though....
good chapter...
keep the flashback on! This is maybe one of the most important flashback... the others are not important
Didn't someone hypothesize Masaki to be a Quincy?

I'll just assume Kubo was lurking here and was inspired.

I've a bad feeling Kubo is going to stumble with this flashback…but we must believe in his storytelling this time…

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 19:46   Link #2483
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
...which will be fine actually because at this point, the SS are fucking up left and right and Shunsui doesn't seem to be doing anything different than Yama did.
I don't recall Yama-jii pulling the trigger on the "Zaraki Advancement Project", which appears to be the first official thing Shunsui did. Not surprising that someone whose Zanpakuto is in constant danger of burning SS to ash if he doesn't keep a leash on it wouldn't be in favor of such a Hail Mary of a plan, but the guy whose Zanpakuto is one big game would jump right on it.

Sure, sacrificing either your best healer or your strongest swordsman for the chance of jumping said swordsman up a few levels might not be the most level-headed of ideas, but what other choice did they have, really? Ken-chan wiped the floor with three of Bach's lieutenants, and survived battle with the main man himself, while the next most powerful Captain, the soon-to-be new Captain-Commander, lost an eye not dispatching a single lieutenant. From any logical SS perspective, a full-power Kenpachi is the best option to take out Bach. Especially with h4xx0rz Ichigo presumably out of the picture with a busted Bankai.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2013-02-27 at 20:08.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 19:48   Link #2484
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Personally I think this chapter wasted a couple pages, and or was too short. Since ichigo mom reveal was not really a plot twist. I chapter did not have to end there. I could have started back story in earlier pages. The idk just felt chapter was over as soon as it started.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 19:59   Link #2485
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Don't tell me Ishida's mother is a shinigami...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 20:35   Link #2486
itachi-san314

lol i remember back in the day when i used to joke about ichi's mom being a quincy...
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 21:12   Link #2487
gohanhd
The Unbleached Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Do we really need to know their love story? How does Ichigo not know his mother was a quincy by now with all the hints given to him...

Hey Ichigo...your origins...your mother saved me and she was a quincy and we made love and had you. Not so gut spilling as I thought it would be...
Spoiler for [but she is also]:
Old 2013-02-27, 21:28   Link #2488
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
So the first thing he does when he gets back is run to the MILF? ... best decision you've made in a while, Ichigo.
He is smarter than he looks. He took advantage of the fact Inoue wasn't there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Don't tell me Ishida's mother is a shinigami...
Maybe Ichigo and Ishida are long lost relatives.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 22:09   Link #2489
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

We got to make a family chart for this one
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 23:23   Link #2490
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Sure, sacrificing either your best healer or your strongest swordsman for the chance of jumping said swordsman up a few levels might not be the most level-headed of ideas, but what other choice did they have, really?
The best and most obvious choice would've been to hold off on the death match training session to transport and acquire the assistance of Orihime. Yamamoto already got called out by Juha Bach for letting his nature get in the way of having Orihime restore his arm.

And unless a twist proves otherwise, it looks like Shunsui is about to make a similar mistake--which is perplexing. The nature of her ability has already been held in extremely high regards by the powers running Soul Society. They can't claim that they don't want to accept the aid of a human since they've now finally and shamelessly accept willing participants (ie: Ichigo). They know they're in a situation where desperate times call for desperate measures (which is why Shunsui wanted to power up Ken in the first place--even at the expense of Unohana's life). So there's absolutely no good reason not to request Orihime's assistance. And if Kubo's got any sense, he'll reveal Inoue to be nearby with a good excuse as to why Shunsui didn't want to let either Ken or Unohana know her role in their training session--which wouldn't be that difficult to explain.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 23:31   Link #2491
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So Urahara stayed in Hueco Mundo? Isn't that crazy? Well the guy is pretty strong but Inoue and Sado are another story.

Also Isshin was nice to show off as a shinigami if you think it carefully.
Old 2013-02-28, 04:09   Link #2492
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
What I don't understand: How does the knowledge about his heritage help him to master his powers?
Perhaps it helps him restore the balance to his soul, or something? As the chapter's "Everything but the rain" (although that was also the name of chapter 512, which seems kinda lazy), it could be a way of stopping the rain in his soul and allowing him to come to terms with himself, so that he can fix himself and his bankai? That sounds like the sort of crap Kubo would come up with, tbh

Last edited by dragonmeister; 2013-02-28 at 07:34.
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 04:54   Link #2493
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
The best and most obvious choice would've been to hold off on the death match training session to transport and acquire the assistance of Orihime. Yamamoto already got called out by Juha Bach for letting his nature get in the way of having Orihime restore his arm.

And unless a twist proves otherwise, it looks like Shunsui is about to make a similar mistake--which is perplexing. The nature of her ability has already been held in extremely high regards by the powers running Soul Society. They can't claim that they don't want to accept the aid of a human since they've now finally and shamelessly accept willing participants (ie: Ichigo). They know they're in a situation where desperate times call for desperate measures (which is why Shunsui wanted to power up Ken in the first place--even at the expense of Unohana's life). So there's absolutely no good reason not to request Orihime's assistance. And if Kubo's got any sense, he'll reveal Inoue to be nearby with a good excuse as to why Shunsui didn't want to let either Ken or Unohana know her role in their training session--which wouldn't be that difficult to explain.
Yes and Shunsui needs to have her fix his eye.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 05:04   Link #2494
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

maybe isshins contribution to ss was fgt and ichi's mum saved him because he lost his powers and was weak? idk
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 11:24   Link #2495
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Karin can see shinigami just fine. That's how she knew Ichigo was one. Her spiritual powers right now are probably on par with Ichigo's at the beginning of the series. I wouldn't even be surprised if she revealed she became a shinigami during the time skip, though since it still hasn't happened, I guess it's unlikely.
oh yeah
that thing about Karin going to Urahara's still a mystery. Looks like KT has left some plotholes without proper closure.

additionally, there's still those shadowed figures from Hueco Mundo that Mayuri saw 2 arcs ago. Didn't KT promise to reveal what Mayuri saw in HM in some interview from a long time ago?

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 15:58   Link #2496
itachi-san314

^everything is quincy now. ichigo probably needs to master his quincy side to get where he needs to be with the zanpakutou guy. karin is probably training to be a quincy. and mayuri probably found a couple quincy corpses in apporo's lab
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 18:04   Link #2497
Alchemist007
*Author

Hi I know your kind tried to kill us all but I'm going to help you anyways

Well it could make less sense, let us pray that it doesn't.
Old 2013-02-28, 18:07   Link #2498
bonsobon

Suprised no one has yet mentioned the confirmation that the Kurosaki name did indeed come from Masaki, which explains Ichigo's non recognition in Soul Society.
bonsobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 18:56   Link #2499
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

You know... lots of fights could have been avoided in Rukia's execution if Soul Society knew that Ichigo was Isshin's son.

Also, this is a bit old but why is it that Ginjo turned against Soul Society? Just the fact the badges checks agents' movements is really weird.
Old 2013-03-01, 19:18   Link #2500
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsobon View Post
Suprised no one has yet mentioned the confirmation that the Kurosaki name did indeed come from Masaki, which explains Ichigo's non recognition in Soul Society.
Does this sort thing actually happen in Japan?

Tags
bleach, chapter