AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-10, 22:38   Link #1
DarkKnightZero

Ishida and his powers

Do you guys think that Ishida will be getting his powers back? I really hope he does, I always thought he was pretty badass, but ever since he lost them...hes gone kinda downhill for me.
Old 2006-05-10, 22:45   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Warning to anyone who wants to drag in manga stuff. If you aren't very careful, I'll be forced to ban you. He is asking if anyone THINKS that Ishida will be getting his powers back. Those who feel they have definite information from the manga that does not require thinking, should not reply.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-05-11, 03:03   Link #3
aLact

ishida is one of the important characters in Bleach, so it would be stupid if he didnt get his power back. if he wouldn't get his power back, the author could kill him off then instead dragging him on in every stupid fillers
Old 2006-05-11, 05:59   Link #4
jcc2k4
boku wa kamisama desu

Yeah, i'll agree with what aLact has said, He'll find some way to get his powers back. Probably by going to train himself again. I remember reading somewhere on this forums (i believe it was in the "how does one get a soul slayer" thread) That ishida had natural powers as a quincey(sp?) and he only choose to use the Bow and Arrow for the 'tradition' of it.

So i can only assume a human could gain quincey powers if they were trained by a quincey, but i'm probably wrong....

And to be completely honest, when he lost his powers he said something along the lines of "I still don't know what my dad was thinking" and they had a LOT of flashbacks to him and his dad fighting about his quincey abilites, so i wouldn't find it too hard to believe if somehow his dad turned from the "quincey powers doesn't put food on the table" point of view to "I'll train you if that is what your heart really wants" type dealy.

That's my theory and $.02 take it or leave it.

edit: I just remembered Ishida(lost powers obviously) and his father are the only two remaining quincey in existance (i believe) so if the top theory is infact true, his father would be the only one to train him.

Unless.... his bow is like ichigo's Soul Slayer and it calls to him and his hidden quincey powers... Ok now i'm just getting way too farfetched, i'll stop now.

Last edited by jcc2k4; 2006-05-11 at 06:40.
Old 2006-05-11, 20:45   Link #5
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
but honestly speaking, ishida is not very strong, but he IS one of the strongest in the group. he did give up his powers just to chase off mayuri (13 div cap'n) who isn't that strong compared to the rest of the cap'ns ..... soooOOOOo i wonder if he did get his powers back, i wonder how would he improve or etc.
Old 2006-05-11, 21:22   Link #6
SlashZero

I think it's very likely that when (or if) Ishida gets his Quincy powers back it will be after the filler arc. It probably plays an important role in a manga arc. (Just my guess, I actually have never read the manga.)
Old 2006-05-11, 22:12   Link #7
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlashZero
I think it's very likely that when (or if) Ishida gets his Quincy powers back it will be after the filler arc. It probably plays an important role in a manga arc. (Just my guess, I actually have never read the manga.)
well said and very interesting assumption... i just want to see how he will get his quincy powers back in the filler arc. XP
Old 2006-05-11, 22:40   Link #8
shikamarufoo

I hope he will get his powers back...I was imagining (sp?) him getting it back within the bountou arc, where something would happen to Yoshino (the girl bontou right?) and go beserk and get his powers back~
Old 2006-05-11, 22:55   Link #9
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamarufoo
I hope he will get his powers back...I was imagining (sp?) him getting it back within the bountou arc, where something would happen to Yoshino (the girl bontou right?) and go beserk and get his powers back~

what is this supposed to mean ?_____________?
Old 2006-05-11, 23:15   Link #10
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

It means that shikamarufoo though that Ishida's outpouring of emotion over Yoshino would be the catalyst to restoring his power.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-05-12, 00:40   Link #11
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

lol...... thanks nosanninwa..... sry, when i read that the first time it didn't click in my head XD

well...... most likely that won't happen.. probaly hime is in very big trouble, then that WILL be the catalyst..... wanna bet shikamarufoo?! or even you nosanninwa?!
Old 2006-05-12, 02:38   Link #12
fremeer

he is a main character, i doubt he will be put in the sidelines. He will come back and do some crazy shit and act cool then ruin it, thats his persona.
Old 2006-05-12, 02:39   Link #13
Ichimaru

he get them back, just that i hate this filler arc surroundin him and his powers, lets hope they dont waste fillers on the other supporting charaters. we need more stories on captains
Old 2006-05-12, 05:35   Link #14
jcc2k4
boku wa kamisama desu

Yeah, i wanna see kenpachi's banki (if he ever gets it)
Old 2006-05-12, 08:54   Link #15
defrule

Maybe he might go through a similar process to Ichigo when he had lost his powers. Instead of finding a sword, he needs to find a bow.
Old 2006-05-12, 14:25   Link #16
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
its all the same in which chara get their powers back after losing them...ie they are forced watch upon a losing battle between their friends...the friends are getting their asses kicked by the boss...the chara (ishida in this case) is in a huge emotional turning point...he sees one of them getting killed (or nearly dead)...screams YYYYYYAAAAARRR!!!!!...and then turns super sayin..erm i mean gets his bow back (sorry about the DBZ pun)...and the he displays uber power and kills the boss and its onto the next arc...where he turns useless again...

well this is how i think ishida is gona get his powers back...classic cliche...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-05-15, 04:14   Link #17
fremeer

when ishida faught the 13th division captain, he easily took him out when he went all out. But the poison attack is very strong since if u dont avoid it u die.
Old 2006-05-15, 13:10   Link #18
KanaKaishou

My bet?
After the Fillers (Ishida gettin' powers back for more than a little is a big ass developement which ought to be handled by Manga, not filler), Ichigo fights (insert bad Gin/Tousen). He gets his ass kicked when, and, Ishida comes and PWNS THEIR ASS all over the floor.
Old 2006-05-17, 06:00   Link #19
Soulz_Byakuya

I think Ishida may get his power back, because the girl died infront of him, as a result he may revenge.

lol... Ishida fall in love with her.
Old 2006-05-17, 15:32   Link #20
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulz_Byakuya
I think Ishida may get his power back, because the girl died infront of him, as a result he may revenge.

lol... Ishida fall in love with her.
A girl who Ishida might have fallen in love with, died right in front of him, and you say, "lol"!?!? To me, that is pretty far from laughing out loud.

Closed Thread