AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-16, 19:47   Link #401
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
The number of disc releases corresponds with 10 episodes, however.
So we have 2 disc's with 5 eps each

or 3 disc's with 4 eps each..

So really we have only 10 episodes?
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 19:50   Link #402
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
About the size of the little garden, for those interested in getting an idea of the size of a sun, get a peek here.
I've never understood why these kind of videos always like to skip stars on the main sequence and jump right to giants and super giants. Would it kill them once in a while to show an O star first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
So we have 2 disc's with 5 eps each

or 3 disc's with 4 eps each..

So really we have only 10 episodes?
No we have 5 discs with two episodes each which is how japanese BD's usually go. Occasionally a BD release will have only one episode if there's an odd number of episodes and will be priced cheaper.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 20:11   Link #403
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

10 episodes? Odd number. Usually it's twelve. Not to mention four episodes remaining means they're going to have to rush things from here on.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 20:14   Link #404
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
10 episodes? Odd number. Usually it's twelve. Not to mention four episodes remaining means they're going to have to rush things from here on.
Wouldn't be the first though- Kore wa Zombie also had only 10 episodes for their second season.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 20:16   Link #405
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Izayoi's wish: I forbid you to ever wear something that will prevent me from looking up your skirt!

Damn Bunny-chan is such a tease... Showing off her thighs without any worry of anyone will see any higher due to her skirt being enchanted to specifically not show more... Well... there's always doujins LOL. And hopefully there will be the cliche bathing suit episode.

------------------------------------
The art quality went up this episode didn't it? There was so much color and effort put into the detail of the town and the general animation of the character movements. Bunny-chan being a match in speed for Izayoi was a little bit surprising. Although, it was nice to see that Izayoi was not surpassing everyone that easily.
Frankly I'm relieved that someone in this world can match up to Izayoi in any respect. Guy has been pretty damn broken so far. I suppose Black Rabbit should be able to match up fairly well with the gifts she has available and that equal speed.

But regardless she can't be forgiven for that evil gift on her outfit !
Old 2013-02-16, 20:20   Link #406
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I've never understood why these kind of videos always like to skip stars on the main sequence and jump right to giants and super giants. Would it kill them once in a while to show an O star first.

No we have 5 discs with two episodes each which is how japanese BD's usually go. Occasionally a BD release will have only one episode if there's an odd number of episodes and will be priced cheaper.
So, the company already announced that it was 5 discs? Why not 6 and have 12 episodes?
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 20:28   Link #407
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wouldn't be the first though- Kore wa Zombie also had only 10 episodes for their second season.
Ebiten and Seitokai no Ichizon Lv 2 also had 10 episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
So, the company already announced that it was 5 discs? Why not 6 and have 12 episodes?
The shows mentioned above (and Mondaiji) are from Kadokawa Pictures, which haven't had a lot of big selling titles lately. One could argue that they may not be able to fully fund 12 episodes. It could be an issue with production timing for releases either. All we know is that it's related to Kadokawa.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 20:31   Link #408
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Regardless of their reasons, this has me concerned. They're basically going to have to develop the new plothook, build up to the climax and resolve it within four episodes.

That's... not much.
Old 2013-02-16, 20:39   Link #409
Dr. Casey

Upotte's just ten episodes, too. I guess it's just anime going further down the sliding scale of becoming shorter and shorter. Two-cour anime started shifting from being common to uncommon after 2006, and now I guess even a whole single cour is too much to ask for.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 21:02   Link #410
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

They'll probably just end it at the second volume so 5 episodes + 5 episodes.

...So long as the second volume doesn't have a cliffhanger ending
Old 2013-02-16, 21:45   Link #411
Enternal

Or we can sort of hope that they made a mistake somewhere with the announcement... but yes 10 is a bit short...

"Kuro-Usagi possesed THE absolute Zetta Ryouiki gift!!
I laughed so hard there."
Lol! I can't believe it was an actual gift! Not that I'm complaining but it was unexpected. I do have to say that I'm a bit surprised how strong she is. Izayoi is pretty broken but she's not that far from it. It's just that she could not really participate in battles as much due to her role as a judge but her strength is definitely up there.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 23:14   Link #412
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Upotte's just ten episodes, too. I guess it's just anime going further down the sliding scale of becoming shorter and shorter. Two-cour anime started shifting from being common to uncommon after 2006, and now I guess even a whole single cour is too much to ask for.
two cour shows were never common in the winter season in the first place,there was something like 10 two cour shows that started airing last fall,if anything two cour shows are making a slight comeback.
Old 2013-02-16, 23:19   Link #413
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
two cour shows were never common in the winter season in the first place,there was something like 10 two cour shows that started airing last fall,if anything two cour shows are making a slight comeback.
Your new Kuro Usagi's avatar pretty hot.

And yeah, it's true that multi-season series are having a bit of a second wind; I remember them being much closer to extinct in 2009 and 2010.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 00:23   Link #414
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well IIRC, Episode 0 and Episode 11 which are a part of season 2 were release as OVAs' . In total that's 12 episodes.
Old 2013-02-17, 00:29   Link #415
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Well IIRC, Episode 0 and Episode 11 which are a part of season 2 were release as OVAs' . In total that's 12 episodes.
I don't really count those separate episodes since they don't strain the production the same way TV aired episodes do... But that's just me.
Old 2013-02-17, 05:40   Link #416
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

How essential to the plot were those episodes 0 and 11? Because I'm not concerned about costs and their reasons for making it a 10 episode season, I'm concerned with the story and how rushed it might feel with only four episodes remaining.
Old 2013-02-17, 07:34   Link #417
tsunade666

They did good at adopting vol 01 of the novel which consist of episode 1-5. So I think they will do fine to adopt volume 02 for 5 more episode.
Old 2013-02-17, 08:45   Link #418
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
How essential to the plot were those episodes 0 and 11?
In Kore wa Zombie? Pretty non-essential... Then again, that entire season was just goofing around so that doesn't say much...

Quote:
Because I'm not concerned about costs and their reasons for making it a 10 episode season, I'm concerned with the story and how rushed it might feel with only four episodes remaining.
Standard Light Novel adaptation is 1 volume = 4 episodes.

First volumes might take up 1 or 2 extra episodes.

As for this series... Truth be told, it doesn't strike me as something that would have a lot of 'meat' like say Index, SAO or Horizon.

Having 5 episodes sounds very generous imo... Though I never read the original so I can't say for certain.
Old 2013-02-17, 09:26   Link #419
Sumeragi
Banned

What I do not like about most Kuro Usagi fanart: They do not draw her assets properly.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 09:41   Link #420
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I think in general, the Mondaiji fanart works have been lacking...

Tags
comedy, cute rabbit, fantasy, romantic comedy, shounen, super powers