Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-24, 05:03   Link #141
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
Interesting that the previous forum post was deleted.
Not deleted, just merged with the existing Blood+ discussion thread. If the series is considered licensed the thread will move into the DVD & Licensed forum (this way there won't be multiple threads discussing the same issues).

As it stands, due to the comment "Rights will be offered at NATPE 2006 in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA", AnimeSuki consider the Sony license as a middleman so we have yet to mark it as licensed. But since Sony have produced and do distribute anime in the U.S., it's not exactly clear cut. In other words, we not entirely sure if we should consider it licensed.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 05:41   Link #142
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Well, as long as they don't actualy do the job themselves cause they can't dub/distribute to save themselves.

One only needs to lookat how Cyborg 009 and Astroboy ended up to get my point.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 08:43   Link #143
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Send a message via AIM to gumbaloom Send a message via Yahoo to gumbaloom
Urr well as far as the whether or not its licensed is concerned...

You will notice that it's now made it on to the GOH list at AoD. Isn't the GOH list *the* definitive guide as to whether something is licensed = remove?

-gumbaloom
gumbaloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 08:49   Link #144
Noratav

Quote:
SPTI has picked up television and home video distribution rights to Blood Plus within Asia (outside of Japan), Latin America, North America, Australia and New Zealand, after a deal with Aniplex Inc. Distribution on DVD for the series will be handled by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE).
SPTI have acted as a middleman for anime in the past, most notably for Kenshin, so they shouldn't counted as licensors. But, according to the sentence I highlighted, Sony will be releasing the series on DVD themselves. They have released anime series in the past (Astro Boy and Cyborg 009) albeit very badly. That's the way animeondvd have interpreted it and I can't imagine SPHE sublicensing the show to someone else, SPTI maybe but not SPHE. Still, we can always hope.
Noratav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 14:11   Link #145
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

A decision has been reached and AnimeSuki now also consideres Blood+ licensed.

While the article is not extremely clear, it does mention (as marked clearly by Noratav above)
that Sony will be doing the DVD distribution for Blood+. Futhermore several other large anime
sites (like ANN & AoD) now also consider Blood+ licensed.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 22:27   Link #146
Sairai_X

Persuant to our policy of "Sony is big and scary and we don't want to mess with them", Shinsen-Subs has dropped Blood+.
Sairai_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 03:43   Link #147
Aristophanes
I have returned

Send a message via MSN to Aristophanes
Woot it's coming to New Zealand
Aristophanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 14:08   Link #148
Goldsplinter

How Good is Blood+?
Who would love it the most?

(Seeking New Animes)
Goldsplinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 17:55   Link #149
ShellyKukai

What past anime series has sony released anyway?
And why did this have to happen just as the show was getting really good?
ShellyKukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 17:59   Link #150
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyKukai
What past anime series has sony released anyway?
Take a look at AnimeOnDVD's entry for Sony.

Quote:
And why did this have to happen just as the show was getting really good?
That sounds like a pretty good reason right there! Now that fansubs have created interest in this show, Sony steps in and licenses it so that fansubbing will cease. Haven't the fansubs finished their useful purpose from that point of view? Any additional fansubs after this are only cutting into Sony's sales. Right?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 18:17   Link #151
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
That sounds like a pretty good reason right there! Now that fansubs have created interest in this show, Sony steps in and licenses it so that fansubbing will cease. Haven't the fansubs finished their useful purpose from that point of view? Any additional fansubs after this are only cutting into Sony's sales. Right?
That's fair enough, and I agree with you totally. Only problem is...I now have to wait for a UK release, or import a US one . And that will take a while (assuming I have the money in the first place). Not that I have a problem with buying anime in the first place, of course...
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 19:12   Link #152
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

That is indeed a regrettable problem. Believe me when I say that I feel your pain as if it was my own.

Even Shinsen fears the power of Sony's wrath.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 05:58   Link #153
radzor
Swedish anime addict..

To me this feels like judgement day. I live in a country when almost zero to none anime series air on tv so I have to relay on fansubs if I wanna look at new anime.
I have bought a lot of series over internet but my hunger for more and new never ends.
I really loved blood+ from the start but now when it becomes good it is no more it feels. I really hope that som brave squad of translators out there will continue their godly work.
Too bad I dont know Japanese, in sweden you dont have much of that unless you go at a university.

My anime list Here.
radzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 06:27   Link #154
Kyaa the Catlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sairai_X
Persuant to our policy of "Sony is big and scary and we don't want to mess with them", Shinsen-Subs has dropped Blood+.
Thank you for the fantastic work you did prior to the liscensing.
Kyaa the Catlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 02:42   Link #155
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Well, enjoy your screwed over Blood +, the fourm with the eternaly bitter Cyborg 009 and Astroboy 2k3 fans is over there.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 09:21   Link #156
Lilith
Your average fangirl

This is just another whiney post. XD;;

I really liked Blood+. I'm rarely interested in blood and monsters kind of stories, but this has caught my eye and heart. I really hope that it'll turn out it's not licensed. *prays* >_<;;
Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 01:21   Link #157
Linkthe1st
L33t Otaku M45t3r

well i didn't expect this turn of event's this anime seems a bit gory to be something that anyone would license or hint at so quick. Maybe it's just sony and how money grubbing they are (i'm remided of how they tried to sue the offspring for putting their music on the net back when napster was around).

Either way what i don't understand is why they wouldn't license it sooner as a diffrent crucial time when it would encourage people to go so far as to import the DVDs should they control the fansubbing. But another thing i have still yet to grasp is how they make things aired on TV illeage to be recorded and redistributed over the net when it was obtained from a free source that's directly from the people who made it. It dosn't make much sense after all i got it for free why can't i give it away for free?
Linkthe1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 07:53   Link #158
wrex_japan

Blood + Ep. 16

Episode 16 (Siberian Express) had a lot of action and we get to see a soft side to Haji. Did anyone catch why they are heading to Ekatarinburg in Russia?

Anyway, I have screencaps and a summary here.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 08:23   Link #159
ShellyKukai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Take a look at AnimeOnDVD's entry for Sony.

Well the reason why Sony would pick it up now is obvious. But for those who have been enjoying the fansubs, we now have to play the waiting game because no one has any idea of the release schedule. For all we know they could release the thing 1-2 years from now.
By the way, if the Japanese DVDs for Blood+ featured english subtitles I would have no problem importing them but it doesn't look like that's the case so...
ShellyKukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 11:32   Link #160
sorvani

Quote:
By the way, if the Japanese DVDs for Blood+ featured english subtitles I would have no problem importing them but it doesn't look like that's the case so...
tell me about it. but the practice IS slowly starting. Go to cdjapan and browse around for a while in the new and upcoming releases. there are (only) a handfull coming with english subs. I've got my copy of shinobi pre-ordered, for example.
sorvani is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, supernatural