4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.34%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.34%
1 out of 10 : Painful 31 5.28%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-03, 00:28   Link #1321
rafale
lazy riceball~

Lelouch's timbre of voice as Zero and as the new Emperor.. or what I'd like to call his royal commanding voice, hasn't changed. If the camera didn't immediately zoom in and focus on Lelouch, I'd reckon most of the people watching would think that Zero has made another miraculous return. It won't be so difficult to make a connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Putting aside the fact that Schneizel outright says he will let Lelouch have Britannia, Lelouch now has the support of the entire Imperial family. They'll dismiss Schneizel's claims out of hand and won't be convinced otherwise.
And then.. there is Cornelia. And lets not forget Dietard. Looking at the coorelative page on the official site, there's a hella lot of KotR on the ex-Britannia box. Including the Knight of Four, whose capabilities are unknown. Ms Table-humper is there as well @_@;

Schneizel may have let Lelouch have Britannia for now, but I doubt he'd let Lulu keep it for long.
rafale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 01:10   Link #1322
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
This is Britannia where talking about, all Schneizel has to do is to somehow discredit Lelouch (easy enough, his control is based entirely on Geass of his relatives) and Lelouch is screwed.
His relatives are the ones to acknowledge him, as well as all the nobles present. Look at that room. What must of been the majority of the government was in attendance. Fact is, his position is pretty much secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafale View Post
Lelouch's timbre of voice as Zero and as the new Emperor.. or what I'd like to call his royal commanding voice, hasn't changed. If the camera didn't immediately zoom in and focus on Lelouch, I'd reckon most of the people watching would think that Zero has made another miraculous return. It won't be so difficult to make a connection.
The mask distorts his voice, and it's a matter of Clark Kent syndrome. Even the flimsiest disguise makes one unrecognizable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafale View Post
And then.. there is Cornelia. And lets not forget Dietard. Looking at the coorelative page on the official site, there's a hella lot of KotR on the ex-Britannia box. Including the Knight of Four, whose capabilities are unknown. Ms Table-humper is there as well @_@;

Schneizel may have let Lelouch have Britannia for now, but I doubt he'd let Lulu keep it for long.
Unless he has bigger ambitions. I wouldn't expect Schneizel to want Britannia back. If he doesn't care now, when Lelouch is vulnerable, he's not going to care when Lelouch is secure.
Old 2008-09-03, 01:33   Link #1323
kaefer_zwei
Devicer

this episode was supposed to explain everything but still it left crucial parts out... like what would happen if ragnarok was actualy activated... and the ending i think somebody was out of place their... but overall it left a wide gap... the series is about to end.. hello... i doubt.. jumping a month... cutting curcial scenes is any good at all... hope they cover it up in the next episode...

Last edited by kaefer_zwei; 2008-09-03 at 01:45.
kaefer_zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 01:34   Link #1324
Charred Knight

Quote:
His relatives are the ones to acknowledge him, as well as all the nobles present. Look at that room. What must of been the majority of the government was in attendance. Fact is, his position is pretty much secure.

The mask distorts his voice, and it's a matter of Clark Kent syndrome. Even the flimsiest disguise makes one unrecognizable.

Unless he has bigger ambitions. I wouldn't expect Schneizel to want Britannia back. If he doesn't care now, when Lelouch is vulnerable, he's not going to care when Lelouch is secure.
I think its more that Schneizel thinks he can gewt Britannia when he wants it because of what he has. Not that he doesn't care, his obviously as ambitious as Lelouch and Charles. If he wasn't then the series would be over with Lelouch as Emperor, and Suzaku as the new Emperess.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 01:37   Link #1325
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaefer_zwei View Post
this episode was supposed to explain everything but still it left crucial parts out... like what would happen if ragnarok was actualy activated... and the ending i think somebody was out of place their... but overall it left a wide gap... the series is about to end.. hello... i doubt.. jumping a of month... cutting curcial scenes is any good at all... hope they cover it up in the next episode...
Instrumentality. Ish.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 01:44   Link #1326
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
I think its more that Schneizel thinks he can gewt Britannia when he wants it because of what he has. Not that he doesn't care, his obviously as ambitious as Lelouch and Charles. If he wasn't then the series would be over with Lelouch as Emperor, and Suzaku as the new Emperess.
as I said, if it were only Britannia he wanted, he'd have it. He could have taken the throne in that empty month. He didn't. Whatever he's planning, he intends to have the world, not a country.
Old 2008-09-03, 01:55   Link #1327
Charred Knight

Quote:
as I said, if it were only Britannia he wanted, he'd have it. He could have taken the throne in that empty month. He didn't. Whatever he's planning, he intends to have the world, not a country.
And since lelouch wants control of the world (or else he can't change it) than where going to have a big fight. All three wanted the world, and now their are two remaining.
Old 2008-09-03, 01:56   Link #1328
kaefer_zwei
Devicer

Quote:
given that span of a month he didnt take the throne.... wouldnt that suggest otherwise that he has no intention of returning to the empire... i think he's quite the opposite... i think schneizel's planing to bring down the empire or somehow change its politics... bismarck did mention that it was time for a change...
note that even at start of series schneizel defeats the EU but not completely... may be he aims to change the empires foreign policy's..
-well its a theory anyway, shouldnt this be posted in speculations..
kaefer_zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 01:59   Link #1329
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
And since lelouch wants control of the world (or else he can't change it) than where going to have a big fight. All three wanted the world, and now their are two remaining.
Lelouch doesn't need to control the world to change it. Britannia is the aggressive nation. Eliminating that aggression eliminates the problem.
Old 2008-09-03, 02:06   Link #1330
Charred Knight

Quote:
Lelouch doesn't need to control the world to change it. Britannia is the aggressive nation. Eliminating that aggression eliminates the problem.
Considering how cynical this series has been I highly doubt Lelouch going out and saying that Schneizel is finished and people are at peace are going to end with some guy screaming "let's dance" and have the whole thing end with Britannians and Japanese dancing, Palestinian dancing with Isreal, and everything is peachy.

That would go completely against the tone of the series, this isn't the Fullmetal Alchemist manga.

Also blaming all of the world's problem on one nation screams racism,. Considering how the series has been going. Lelouch and Suzuka are definitly going to get karmic backlash for the things they did in episode 20, and 21, and I don't think Tanaguchi knowing how some people interpeted Britannia as a dig against America is just going to have Britannia as the lone problem.
Old 2008-09-03, 02:08   Link #1331
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Wait, I thought we weren't allowed to talk about future events in this thread.

*coughs*
Old 2008-09-03, 02:10   Link #1332
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaefer_zwei View Post
i think he's quite the opposite... i think schneizel's planing to bring down the empire or somehow change its politics... bismarck did mention that it was time for a change...
Agreed. He's definitely aiming for something bigger.

but I hope they won't have the Black Knights helping Schneizel. I find their alliance pretty forced. It'd be very forced and rushed if those two parties are to band together against Britannia. What happens to long term enmity? not enough time to explain the change of mind, despite the so-called evidence of Zero's ability (the Black knights didn't even call for an internal investigation! they just believed what they were told and that's it.)
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 02:16   Link #1333
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Agreed. He's definitely aiming for something bigger.

but I hope they won't have the Black Knights helping Schneizel. I find their alliance pretty forced. It'd be very forced and rushed if those two parties are to band together against Britannia. What happens to long term enmity? not enough time to explain the change of mind, despite the so-called evidence of Zero's ability (the Black knights didn't even call for an internal investigation! they just believed what they were told and that's it.)
I think what happened in Episode 21 is proof enough that Lelouch has geass and has abused it. I think that the Black Knights crawling back to Lelouch would simply destroy their characters. What happened to Todoh's honor? What happend to Oguie's morals? All of that would be gone if they go crawling back to two guys who have clearly abadoned both.
Old 2008-09-03, 02:17   Link #1334
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Wait, I thought we weren't allowed to talk about future events in this thread.

*coughs*
Trying my best to avoid the spoilers.

Quote:
Considering how cynical this series has been I highly doubt Lelouch going out and saying that Schneizel is finished and people are at peace are going to end with some guy screaming "let's dance" and have the whole thing end with Britannians and Japanese dancing, Palestinian dancing with Isreal, and everything is peachy.

That would go completely against the tone of the series, this isn't the Fullmetal Alchemist manga.

Also blaming all of the world's problem on one nation screams racism,. Considering how the series has been going. Lelouch and Suzuka are definitly going to get karmic backlash for the things they did in episode 20, and 21, and I don't think Tanaguchi knowing how some people interpeted Britannia as a dig against America is just going to have Britannia as the lone problem.
Obviously it wouldn't be that simple, but it's the general idea. As for blame, in this case it's justified. Britannia as it is is the main problem. The others won't be a big deal once the main one is dealt with.
Old 2008-09-03, 02:26   Link #1335
Charred Knight

Quote:
Trying my best to avoid the spoilers.

Obviously it wouldn't be that simple, but it's the general idea. As for blame, in this case it's justified. Britannia as it is is the main problem. The others won't be a big deal once the main one is dealt with.
Not a big Deal?

Tell that to Afghanistan, Darfur, Isreal/Palestine, and Iraq.

Like I said, it would be racist for Tanaguchi to blame all the world problems on one country and claim that with one country dealt with the entire world is at peace.
Old 2008-09-03, 02:29   Link #1336
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Not a big Deal?

Tell that to Afghanistan, Darfur, Isreal/Palestine, and Iraq.

Like I said, it would be racist for Tanaguchi to blame all the world problems on one country and claim that with one country dealt with the entire world is at peace.
I'm not going to debate supposed racism by a director in an anime. It's a very common concept for one thing to be the source of strife in fiction. The Covenant in Halo, for example. It isn't real life, as much as you would like to mix the two.
Old 2008-09-03, 02:44   Link #1337
Charred Knight

Quote:
I'm not going to debate supposed racism by a director in an anime. It's a very common concept for one thing to be the source of strife in fiction. The Covenant in Halo, for example. It isn't real life, as much as you would like to mix the two.
I hope that Tanguchi is aiming a little bit higher than besting Halo in plot.

It would be mood whiplash for all of a sudden a series about an evil racist empire, a rebel who would do anything to defeat them, and a Knight Templar fighter to all of a sudden have an ending with rainbows and Carebears coming out of its ass.
Old 2008-09-03, 02:46   Link #1338
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
I hope that Tanguchi is aiming a little bit higher than besting Halo in plot.
A shared concept of a single source of strife does not equate to a similar plot.
Old 2008-09-03, 02:55   Link #1339
Charred Knight

Quote:
A shared concept of a single source of strife does not equate to a similar plot.
I am saying that Halo is aiming at something different then Code Geass. Halo's plot was really good for what it was trying to do, which explain why your space marine is fighting the aliens. Code Geass is aiming for something higher, and is trying to be more realistic.

I think Tanaguchi has it in the back of his mind that he needs to show that evil is not rooted in one country or it will make him look bad. Code Geass was already accused of being a pot shot against America, I see no reason for Tanaguchi to pour fire on it.
Old 2008-09-03, 07:30   Link #1340
Black Eye

great episode lolz well thats how i think anyway.

i'm a bit confused in marianne scene death, it's a bit sad to know that she wasn't protecting nunnally but i wanna know how the hell was nunnally under her mother ?? also if nunnally wasn't blind then can she walk or not?

Charles wasn't that bad, at least he wanted to bring his beloved ones to life. his love for his wife marianne made me suprised i didn't think he loved her, it was a shock to know that.

i kinda suspect that nunnally might not be dead after this episode *well i hope so , please don't let her be dead* because we didn't see her picture on the walls like the yuffie and clovis ones. also marriane didn't say to lulu that he can be with nunnally in the new world but she did say that about yuffie who i'm sure 100% is dead.
Black Eye is offline   Reply With Quote