AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2010-02-18, 02:36   Link #1
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Slow playback on PS3... sometimes??

I am almost certain it has to do with the encoding, but I am just not sure anymore... here's an explanation of what I mean.

For this example, I will use one affected file (Of several thus far): [AonE-Gekkostate-Menclave]_Macross_F_-_14_[1280x720_H.264_AAC]_[340D6EF9].mp4

OK, so, these files were touted as "PS3/XboX" compatible. I was like "Badass!" because I could just play them off a thumb drive instead of through the network via PS3 media server like I had been doing (With MKV versions).

So when I play back the episode, it is moving slow, the sound is deep. It's like playing something in slow-motion. 1/2 speed I would almost say.

This is not the first file to do this, either, so now I am wonder why it is happening.

Here's something more peculiar, though
The little preview icon that the PS3 gives the video file is playing back a part of the show at the speed it should play back at!

Not every video file is doing this, which is why I think it may be the encode and somehow the PS3 doesn't like it, or the PS3 is trying to play it back at double the framerate, or the video has double framerate somehow for some reason. I have no idea.

Anyway, it's pretty annoying. I had this issue with another earlier episode of Macross F from this same group, but that was streaming through PS3 Media Server. This video file also streams slowly through PS3 Media Server.

But I had also had the same issue a while back with an episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

So who knows WTF is going on!
Old 2010-02-19, 05:52   Link #2
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Please view the below image:

This compares info, pulled by mp4UI from the files, for two episodes of Macross F. Episode 14 plays in slow-mo on the PS3. Episode 16 plays just fine, though.

I don't see any differences, so I am 100% baffled why one file plays back fine and the other doesn't.

Any help would be appreciated.