AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-25, 06:14   Link #1
AnimeFangirl

[Manga] Chapter 240 Discussion

Geh, I caved in and did it after all. Let's make this quick so I can sleep Cover has Kakashi with his mask pulled down, but he's turned away from the camera. Booo!! But at least it doesn't seem like he has fish lips.

Starts with a recap of last week, Kakashi says no matter how many bad guys there are, his jutsu can take them out in one moment and insists that he's the captain and it's a rule that team members have to follow their captain's order.

Blah, blah, then he goes charging out. The rock nin says he jumped straight out, did he, and then we have several pages of action that I won't bother to describe in too much detail because we all have eyes. When the 4th throws the kunai, Kakashi realizes that he did that to mark where the bad guy was (p.5). First guy Kakashi pwnz turns out to be kagebunshin, so he moves to the next one. The 4th finishes the bunshin that came out to attack Obito and tells him not to be careless.

Meanwhile Kakashi is coming back from finishing the 17th one, on to number 18, who tells him not to push a good thing too far...ah, the 4th looks so cool saving him over there. I might just become a fan... The hiding nin thinksthat he managed to counter the kid just in time, but that blonde guy's movements [are just too fast, I suppose]. p.10, Rock nin pwnage. That's it, I'm a Yondaime fan! What Rin is thinking there is that sensei's Shunshin no Jutsu is so fast.

Rock dude: Could..could you be that "Golden Flash of Konoha?" Apparently his superior in the hidden rock village told him that if he ever sees the GFOK he should escape and he finally understands what he meant.

p.12...I guess Rin really is a medical nin after all. 4th says Kakashi's injury isn't light but in any case they have to get out of there, Kakashi claims to be okay. Obito says the heck you're okay, you ignored sensei's order and ran out there. Kakashi obviously doesn't want to be told anything by the "Uchiha elite" who only a few minutes ago was cowardly and crying. Obito's excuse is that dust got into his eye. Kakashi quotes shinobi rule 25 which says that a ninja should not show tears.

Rin tries to stop them as usual and the 4th shuts them up as well. Yondaime tells Kakashi that certainly rules and regulations are important, but they're not everything. One had to adapt according to the situation. Obito starts to gloat, 4th tells him that the tears in his eyes weren't because of dirt and he needs to learn self-restraint. Then 4th tells Kakashi that it would be better if he never used the previous jutsu again. It's a jutsu that requires a lot of concentration and even though it has a lot of destructive power and Kakashi certainly has speed, he's moving too fast to detect the opponent's counter. In other words, it's an incomplete jutsu. Before they part, the 4th has something to tell them one more time: to a shinobi, the most important thing is the Team. Pensive looks all around.

Later, Obito goes to talk to 4th. Obito says he understands that teamwork is important, but Kakashi is always belittling him. That even though he's born in the elite Uchiha family, he's a loser. [not sure if this is what Obito himself thinks or what Kakashi is always saying] Obito recognizes that Kakashi is an amazing person.

Ohoooo, a silhouette of Kakashi-papa! According to the 4th, Kakashi was the son of the feared "White Fang of Konoha" Hatake Sakumo It seems he was as powerful as the sannin, or even more. So maybe because Kakashi grew up with someone like that, the other team mates might seem to be not good enough. Even Obito has heard of the White Fang of Konoha (who comes up with these nicks anyway? ), the hero who fell while defending the village. But Kakashi has never said a word about it. The 4th says that Sakumo was a superb man that everyone, including Kakashi, respected...until "that incident."

4th says he probably shouldn't be saying this so freely, but the people on Kakashi's team should know. Kakashi's father was slandered and he committed suicide. It was 5 years prior, during a top-secret infiltration mission on enemy territory and Sakumo was captain. There he faced two choices, the mission or the lives of his comrades. Of course according to village principles, the mission came first, but in order to save his comrades, he interrupted the mission. However a huge loss resulted from this and he was blamed by the Fire Country and his comrades in the village (I can see where this story is going, can you? ). In the end he was slandered even by the comrades whose lives he had saved. Because of that, his heart and body became ill and then he himself...you get the picture (if you don't, Kishimoto helpfully drew one for you )

After that Kakashi never said a word about his dad and started being so stubborn about rules and regulations. The 4th then adds, as we see a pic of a sleeping Kakashi, that Obito should try to understand Kakashi, if only just a little bit. Kakashi doesn't have bad intentions. Preview: Team Kakashi's mission is proceeding at full tilt. Next time, In the Midst of a Fierce Battle. THE END.

Last edited by AnimeFangirl; 2004-11-25 at 07:11.
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 07:13   Link #2
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

I guess I am very stupid. I haven't seen the chapter yet and I am bad at drawing conclusions, so I have to ask Dorfl, where do you think think this is going? Can't wait to see this chapter, BTW.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 07:13   Link #3
Satoru

Nice cover. Kishimoto is teasing us.
Anyway, Yondaime sure is fast. Looks like a teleportation jutsu.
Against him, sharingan doesn't stand a chance...
Poor Kakashi...first the lesson with his dad and then the Obito incident.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Satoru; 2004-11-25 at 07:38.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 07:23   Link #4
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama
I guess I am very stupid. I haven't seen the chapter yet and I am bad at drawing conclusions, so I have to ask Dorfl, where do you think think this is going? Can't wait to see this chapter, BTW.
Well, you know how Kakashi of the past is all about the rules, but the Kakashi of today is says people who abandon their comrades are worse than trash, right? I think that at first when his father's incident happened he was on the side that his father should have obeyed the rules. After all the people he saved only turned on him. But I think later on he's going to have a personal experience that will confirm his father's decision and the 4th's insistence on The Team. Well this is just basic deduction and light guesswork, goodness knows I've been wrong before. Now if you'll excuse me, it's 7:30am and my bed is calling me.
Old 2004-11-25, 09:03   Link #5
wb_hicks

seems like its another alsome chpter from the summary. cant wait to see the 4th in action. if kakashis dad was that strong then kakashi should have some amazing potiental still left in him. i guess to many regrets has made him not true tap into it. this also explains his summons being dogs. im still wondering if summons are connected to family because we havent seen two people of the same family with different summons.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 09:32   Link #6
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
(who comes up with these nicks anyway? )
My it's somethiing to do with the hair...?
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 09:35   Link #7
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Damn as strong as the Sannin or even stronger. Damn Kakashi's dad is already cooler than him lol
Old 2004-11-25, 14:25   Link #8
Satoru

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-25, 15:05   Link #9
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

Send a message via AIM to jubileerain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
Geh, I caved in and did it after all. Let's make this quick so I can sleep Cover has Kakashi with his mask pulled down, but he's turned away from the camera. Booo!! But at least it doesn't seem like he has fish lips.

Or horse teeth It would traumatize all the fangirls

Thanks for the summary! This sounds like a great chapter! I can't wait to see it! ::gushes:: The 4th is really cool! ::gushes some more::

Now I see why Kakashi is such a snot ball. He's more of an elitist than any Uchiha! Still, I feel sorry for the poor boy. It seems like he didn't approve of his father saving the team, & I'm guessing Obito or Rin or both changes that later on.

I wonder if Kakashi's mother is still alive, & what she was like.

As for the nicknames, they do sound kinda funny in English. They probably sound cooler in Japanese.
jubileerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 15:22   Link #10
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubileerain
Or horse teeth It would traumatize all the fangirls
lol awww come on I thought at least he would of had that
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 15:38   Link #11
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

Send a message via AIM to jubileerain
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb_hicks
seems like its another alsome chpter from the summary. cant wait to see the 4th in action. if kakashis dad was that strong then kakashi should have some amazing potiental still left in him. i guess to many regrets has made him not true tap into it. this also explains his summons being dogs. im still wondering if summons are connected to family because we havent seen two people of the same family with different summons.
If his dad's nickname was White Fang, that might have something to do with dogs. Inuyasha's sword, Tessaiga is a big fang, & he's a dog demon.
jubileerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 15:41   Link #12
Satoru

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-25, 16:32   Link #13
Palani
///_^

Translation from NexGear By Ulisse

Spoiler for Page by Page translation:

Yondaime is just too cool.
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 16:36   Link #14
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubileerain
As for the nicknames, they do sound kinda funny in English. They probably sound cooler in Japanese.
When Viz gets to these chapters, they will make these translations sound freaking atomic. I can see Viz using something like Yellow Streak of Konoha or White Canine of Konoha, something to sound the least bit cool.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 18:10   Link #15
strategos

I wonder if the chidori was from Kakashi father a secret technique.
It seems the Dog summon no jutsu also comes from his father clan
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 18:21   Link #16
Milliniar
otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos
I wonder if the chidori was from Kakashi father a secret technique.
It seems the Dog summon no jutsu also comes from his father clan
It would be one of the biggest contradictions if chidori was his father's technique as it is the only technique he made. and as has been said the chidori needs speed...and a sharinigan to be truly effective
Milliniar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 19:06   Link #17
Kayess
Guy From Canada

That is the best manga chapter I have ever read in naruto! And it doesn't even have hinata!! That says alot since hinata's appearance usually makes the chapter a billion times better... I think I would have died... gone to heaven... somehow perish in the afterlife... and get warped into some weird double afterlife out of amazement if that chapter had hinata too. Lol.
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 19:27   Link #18
Mr Bob

Good chapter, can't wait to see what comes next.

Heres my prediction:

Kakashi will mess up again, putting Rin and Obito in mortal peril. Instead of trying to save them at first, he'll try to finish his mission to avoid ending up like his father. After realizing that he's wrong to abandon his friends, he'll try and save them and be too late, finding Rin dead and Obito on the brink of death. Then comes the sappy scene between Kakashi and Obito , ending with Obito asking Kakashi to carry his ninja pride by taking his pized eye. Kakashi will then go on a crazy rampage against the enemy nin.

Hopefully by the end of this arc we'll see Kakashi cut lighthing, proving that the Chidori jutsu is complete!
Mr Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 20:33   Link #19
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
i am enjoying kakashi's story more than naruto's

i like these kinds of chapters. so much things were revealed and there was a decent amount of action.

i liked kakashi's dad history also. stronger than the sannins, looks like kishimoto's hinting that kakashi has yet arrived at his limits
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 20:54   Link #20
Nubixkube

Cool chapter, but I think something crazy is going to happen with Oblito. Something has to happen to create enough mental stress to cause his sharigan to awaken and advance to 3 dots in this story. I wouldn't be suprised if Rin dies and Kakashi almost dies, but despite Kakashi ordering to Oblito to complete the mission he snaps and has a fatal battle to protect Kakashi and at the end giving Kakashi his eye.
Nubixkube is offline   Reply With Quote