AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-03-07, 13:46   Link #161
Gunpla King
Gunpla Builder & Battler

they pulled a Madoka Magica indeed with the time loop of Bravern being a reborn Lewis from the future, also true to a Yuusha/Brave series homage Bravern gets a super mode combination into Burn Bravern.
- Gundam Build Fighters Try
- Gundam Build Divers
- Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise
- Gundam Build Real
- Gundam Breaker
- Gundam Build Metaverse
Gunpla King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-07, 21:20   Link #162
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Burn Bravern's silhouette is giving off some serious Gravion vibes and I love it!
Old 2024-03-07, 21:38   Link #163
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Spoiler for SPOILER:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-08, 03:24   Link #164
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

0.13 is how Cunus saw Smith (LOL).
Old 2024-03-08, 06:32   Link #165
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Wow... So Smith turned into Bravern as everybody predicted 2 hours when I start to think about it XD . Still, Smith sure became even more direct now as Bravern in regards to his feelings about Isami . Not sure why he seems to hide it yet but I hope the next episodes try to focus a bit more on Isami since he didn't get too much mental focus until yesterday.
Old 2024-03-08, 06:49   Link #166
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Now Bravern confused by his own weaponry in Episode 1 makes sense (as well as how Bravern PV mentioned Lewis dream is to become super robot hero).

It's his debut, first actual combat (looking at his hand) and he's printing Brave Dragon ("Not the time for that lever") at that time, so excited he forgot Bravern have sword.

Old 2024-03-08, 08:33   Link #167
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Fourth webradio episode with Saya Aizawa back.

* I had a laugh with Saya saying "Oh ru rur ru!" (approximately translated by me). Not surprised if Obari was involved.

* Saya mentions liking Miyu Katō.

* The Engrish moments continue like "Come on!", "Oh my gosh/god!" and "Wake up!"

* Saya doing Lu lu voices and reading some lines... I can't find ways to explain it. Really funny IMO. This continues later on to Lu lu lines used "Smith" and "curry". Somehow, it got morphed to "Bravern curry..."

* The hosts said "Sugoi" when Saya's line of saying "GA GA PI!" really loud.

* There's calls to promote Bravern via Twitter hashtags. (Sorry had a hard time catching it).

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2024-03-08, 10:14   Link #168
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Now Bravern confused by his own weaponry in Episode 1 makes sense (as well as how Bravern PV mentioned Lewis dream is to become super robot hero).

It's his debut, first actual combat (looking at his hand) and he's printing Brave Dragon ("Not the time for that lever") at that time, so excited he forgot Bravern have sword.

So like did Lewis know about Brave Dragon before he pulled it out as Bravern or did he just basically read his own mind and knew exactly what he would've done ?
Old 2024-03-09, 01:14   Link #169
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Don't underestimate Lewis. He got talent for improvisation.
Man quickly made Bravern theme song in midst of battlefield in his super robot debut.

YouTube

Maybe it's just me but isn't this (with Cunus and others) similar to "graduation" video that marks end of role similar to idol or tokusatsu.

After Pessimism, next will be Sugita (LOL) then, I guess, Suzumura, Lewis and Isami.

Old 2024-03-10, 09:05   Link #170
justavisitor

lol, now that we confirm that Lewis is indeed Bravern, and then Bravern was explaining the excitement that the MC was in his body in episode 2.... ...wonder if it's lewis's true color, or is this the common excitement as a robot in this universe setting??

Also, everything from here onwards should be brand new to Bravern as well? He no longer has that experience from the past and everything from now on will be just new to Bravern , just like everyone else
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-10, 12:45   Link #171
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
lol, now that we confirm that Lewis is indeed Bravern, and then Bravern was explaining the excitement that the MC was in his body in episode 2.... ...wonder if it's lewis's true color, or is this the common excitement as a robot in this universe setting??

Also, everything from here onwards should be brand new to Bravern as well? He no longer has that experience from the past and everything from now on will be just new to Bravern , just like everyone else
I wonder if it'll be harder for him to keep the act going if he doesn't have his future knowledge to rely on?
Old 2024-03-10, 18:26   Link #172
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Come to think of it. Every instance of Bravern being weird or failing to read social cues wasn't because he's an alien. It's because Lewis Smith is a weirdo.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-10, 20:09   Link #173
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Come to think of it. Every instance of Bravern being weird or failing to read social cues wasn't because he's an alien. It's because Lewis Smith is a weirdo.
And he's basically been acting and trying to facilitate everything that happened that he was a bystander for the whole time .
Old 2024-03-10, 20:15   Link #174
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post

It does seems like those who became mechs got their specific emotion amplified.
Cunus introduced herself as Deathdrive of Lust, Pessimism attitude as well. Lewis should be no exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Can't really blame him for that, he's super robot fans who became titular mecha capable to print his own upgrade.

Old 2024-03-10, 23:00   Link #175
Frontier

Quote:
It does seems like those who became mechs got their specific emotion amplified.
Cunus introduced herself as Deathdrive of Lust, Pessimism attitude as well. Lewis should be no exception.

Can't really blame him for that, he's super robot fans who became titular mecha capable to print his own upgrade.

I wonder if what happened to Lewis is actually an indication of how the Deathdrives are created?
Old 2024-03-11, 00:16   Link #176
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

The connection definitely there.

- When Bravern arrived in Episode 1, he's wearing visor with motifs similar to Superbia, Pessimism and Vanitas faces.
- Naming theme of the mechs, Deathdrives are all negative traits: pride, vanity, lust and pessimist; bravery OTOH viewed as positive traits.
- Both Bravern and Superbia became stronger with pilot and have similar liquid to protect their pilots.
- Vanitas talked about benefit of being mecha is they can experience their preferred method of death over and over again as long their base prints new body for them.

YouTube

YouTube

Last edited by Tactics; 2024-03-11 at 00:48.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-11, 01:12   Link #177
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

So the 5th webradio episode featured Yume Miyamoto (Hibiki) and Kaori Maeda (Honoka)

* I can't help but think that all the voice actors are making fun of/hilariously lampshading the ED sequence. Yume and Kaori are also making fun of it too. They go into discussion about this and make fun of it together.

* The mention of Love Power in Gratuitous English.

* I may have heard them say "Gun Mike", likely the big mike Bravern used in the boxing match.

* Ryota brings up the cockpit scene with the "What the hell is this song?" briefly.

* Obari's addressed as Obari-kantoku. I'd personally translated as Director Obari. (Probably nothing useful, but as trivia)

* A wordplay-ish game was done using Ga Ga Pi. Basically a version of tongue twister in terms of saying it without making a mistake.

* They played the boxing figures (as shown on the YT video screencap). Yohei Azakami was pretty good.

Old 2024-03-11, 09:40   Link #178
Frontier

Quote:
The connection definitely there.

- When Bravern arrived in Episode 1, he's wearing visor with motifs similar to Superbia, Pessimism and Vanitas faces.
- Naming theme of the mechs, Deathdrives are all negative traits: pride, vanity, lust and pessimist; bravery OTOH viewed as positive traits.
- Both Bravern and Superbia became stronger with pilot and have similar liquid to protect their pilots.
- Vanitas talked about benefit of being mecha is they can experience their preferred method of death over and over again as long their base prints new body for them.

YouTube

YouTube
Lewis realizing he's talking to himself .

Lulu did the jump !

Isami finally doing the thing where the pilot stands on the shoulder of their Mecha !
Old 2024-03-11, 09:56   Link #179
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Is it me or Smith is now trying to hide his identity? Like he is kinda confused when Isami mentioned him in the end.
Old 2024-03-11, 10:02   Link #180
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Is it me or Smith is now trying to hide his identity? Like he is kinda confused when Isami mentioned him in the end.
He probably thinks revealing his identity might undo Isami's progress.

Tags
mecha, super robot