AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-12-10, 20:52   Link #21
tsunade666

His probably been pressured to step down. They won't verbally said it but words aren't necessary to make you understand.
Old 2021-12-11, 01:47   Link #22
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Despite I don't have much sympathy for Suzuki, this is one role I hoped that he can keep.
I really can't think any other VA that can do better as Anos.
I still remember my first reaction upon seeing the anime news back then was "Valvatorez! I need Valvatorez's voice for Anos!"
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-11, 05:19   Link #23
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Is Suzuki the one stepping down from those roles or did they fire him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
His probably been pressured to step down. They won't verbally said it but words aren't necessary to make you understand.
He went on indefinite hiatus following the scandal, so regardless of the reason or what people think of him unless the production committee were willing to let the sequel be delayed for who knows how long just for his sake they have to proceed without him. Same applies for all the roles he's lost since, and will continue to once more voice work is required.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-11, 11:55   Link #24
Frontier

Quote:
This whole thing proves that not just females can be victims in this industry. Cheating on your wife is a very bad thing to do, but it's not a crime. Harrassing him about it so much he attempted suicide is just... there are no words. I guess the fact the woman he cheated on is the super popular LiSA didn't exactly help his case. If his wife had been a nobody, there wouldn't have been such a scandal.
This does seem to have blown up more than, say, Daisuke Namikawa or Nobuhiko Okamoto's cheating scandals did but that probably is because of how much more high-profile LiSA is compared to their spouses (not that those women are any less deserving of sympathy).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
He went on indefinite hiatus following the scandal, so regardless of the reason or what people think of him unless the production committee were willing to let the sequel be delayed for who knows how long just for his sake they have to proceed without him. Same applies for all the roles he's lost since, and will continue to once more voice work is required.
I don't know if Ban is in the Seven Deadly Sins sequel series but that might be the next one.
Old 2021-12-11, 19:30   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I don't know if Ban is in the Seven Deadly Sins sequel series but that might be the next one.
An anime for the sequel won't happen any time soon, but there's a Seven Deadly Sins movie planned for next year and Ban will be in it. So yeah, will probably lose that one too.

I'm under the impression that when you lose a role, you aren't getting it back. Only exception is for long running series when people have health issues or go on maternity leave.
Old 2021-12-11, 22:47   Link #26
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I'm under the impression that when you lose a role, you aren't getting it back. Only exception is for long running series when people have health issues or go on maternity leave.
That reminds me, Taneda Risa never got her Nakiri Erina role back after her health problems post Season 2, right? Fortunately, she never lost her role as Himeragi Yukina during that time, probably because the OVA format of Strike the Blood was more accomodating?

Thankfully she's now active again playing roles in Azur Lane back in January and she'll also be in the upcoming Utawarerumono playing Kuon.
Old 2021-12-12, 00:04   Link #27
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I can understand shmaster, Tatsu as Anos is kinda hard to replace considering his history voicing young man with royal authorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That reminds me, Taneda Risa never got her Nakiri Erina role back after her health problems post Season 2, right? Fortunately, she never lost her role as Himeragi Yukina during that time, probably because the OVA format of Strike the Blood was more accomodating?

Thankfully she's now active again playing roles in Azur Lane back in January and she'll also be in the upcoming Utawarerumono playing Kuon.
Spoiler for Take it with grain of salt as I heard it from a rumors board:
Old 2021-12-12, 00:31   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I get why this happened. And no doubt about what is wrong with what he did. It just sucks for the audience since...replacing Anos isn't going to be easy. He knocked it out of the park with this character.

Still, we can only hope that whoever gets the job can fill the shoes. It could be worse after all. Could be like D.Gray-Man where almost the entire cast got hit with vocal recasts.
Old 2021-12-12, 09:15   Link #29
MAX_COLA_POWER!

https://twitter.com/maohgakuin/statu...16837345812487 Yuuichirou Umehara (Goblin Slayer) will be voicing Anos now.
Old 2021-12-12, 09:17   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
https://twitter.com/maohgakuin/statu...16837345812487 Yuuichirou Umehara (Goblin Slayer) will be voicing Anos now.
Eh... nothing against him but not a very good choice for Anos IMO.
Old 2021-12-12, 09:44   Link #31
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
I can understand shmaster, Tatsu as Anos is kinda hard to replace considering his history voicing young man with royal authorities.

Spoiler for Take it with grain of salt as I heard it from a rumors board:
You know, I saw some people on ANN complain that she barely manages her roles nowerdays, but I don't see her being any worse than she were before the hiatus.

As for Yuuichirou Umehara being recast as Anos, a lot of people actually though he will be a replacement here.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2021-12-12 at 10:34.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-12, 10:01   Link #32
bastek66

Umehara's voice is too stoic for him
Old 2021-12-12, 10:15   Link #33
Frontier

I like Umehara but I'd have to hear him as Anos to see if he'd be a good fit.
Old 2021-12-12, 15:13   Link #34
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I really want to scream noooooo! at the news.
Umrhara do have that royal touch in his voice, but he lacked the comical and chuuni feel that's also crucial to Anos.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-12, 15:43   Link #35
Wandering Soul

I have to hear Umehara in the role first, but I doubt he can capture the original charm of Anos.
Old 2021-12-13, 09:08   Link #36
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I low-key expecting Fukuyama Jun but who knows, probably Umehara will gave a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
You know, I saw some people on ANN complain that she barely manages her roles nowadays, but I don't see her being any worse than she were before the hiatus.
Well, that part kinda understandable as she's not taking significant amount of "main heroine" role in anime series.
I knew some audience have thought process of "not reclaiming position you used to fill is equal to declining"; standard shifted into Takahashi Rie and Aoi Yuuki that appear almost everywhere.

Her currently active main heroine role are Yui (in full voiced gacha game), Yukina (in OVA) and Kuon (in a visual novel).
Very lenient and, as you said, she hardly performing worst compare to pre-hiatus--just not as visible as before, and she's not the first case of this. After all, if doing so is the best compromise in consideration to her health, why not?
Old 2021-12-13, 16:50   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I'll cross my fingers. But that's the issue with recasting. You've already got an established voice in people's heads. He's not filling a void that was only there by what was written on a page. Probably it won't sound as good because it's being compared to something that was already good. But it might not be bad.

Good luck to the guy. He did fine in the roles he's done before. He'll just have to...fill the shoes as best he can.
Old 2022-08-11, 01:24   Link #38
Huh...?

2nd Season Debuts in 2023

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...n-2023/.188559

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-11, 22:36   Link #39
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
The Great Demon King Returns Next Year .
Old 2022-08-13, 00:20   Link #40
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Will be fun to have this show back. Although I'm going to try not to rewatch the previous season so I can go into it as fresh as I can.

But glad to know when it is coming.

Tags
demon king, harem