AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-07-26, 10:15   Link #61
Twi

Blog review done and there was barely any cut content aside from an omake where they play cards and the hothead does dishes without any problems.
Old 2023-07-30, 01:44   Link #62
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I was surprised when they put some foreshadowing at the start but the pacing is very wonderful by far.
It brought so many memories from manga and I am glad at how they adapted the anime.

Vermillion's scream is on point, followed by Helck's laugh. Hyura and Kenros are also great.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-01, 14:26   Link #63
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Piwi finally made an appearance in the preview, we can really get started now.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-01, 14:35   Link #64
magnuskn

Oh, good, we are past the tournament arc. The story also just had a big upgrade.
Old 2023-08-01, 16:25   Link #65
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well, things got a bit complicated. And credit to them for revealing quite a bit...and yet leaving so much hidden. How widespread is this "awakening" situation? The lack of people in the villages would imply it's pretty big. Though have they seriously transformed the entire human race? If so then no wonder Helck left. Since they made a fair point that not everyone maintains their sense of self or their sanity after going through that. Mass producing potential heroes that could power up quite a bit with time is definitely noteworthy. But the cost seems insane.

How far does this go and who is in charge of it? Seems absolutely insane to be going all out like this to wipe out the Demons. The Heroes seemed to be doing a perfectly good job. I guess they have their limits and taking down the entire realm would be tough for just one or two heroes at a time. But this seems kind of insane if someone isn't forcing humanity to go through this.

Definitely a lot of questions left hanging. But it also had some good moments. And I'm liking the potential of Vermilio and Helck off on a solo adventure for a bit. Good excuse to really let them get closer. Maybe even getting a bit of information out of Helck though I don't have high expectations there.
Old 2023-08-01, 16:31   Link #66
ryllharu

The big open question is why Helck warned Hyura and Vermilio not to kill Edil, and that doing so would be a mistake. Only for one of the other awakened winged humans to kill off Edil. Helck and the winged humans know something we and the demons do not.

Aside from apparently being racists for no reason (Vermilio stated that humanity has betrayed the demons multiple times), the average human apparently seems to have a very poor understanding of the Demon Empire. The way Edil was talking, they really did think that they defeated THE Demon Lord. Humans think that demons are all evil with no basis other than the fact that demons live in a very polluted land that isn't their fault either (they're trying to manage the miasma).

But the audience already knows that the Demon Empire doesn't function that way. The winged and awakened humans killed *a* Demon Lord. There are many demon lords, and the sports competition was going to replace the one that the humans had killed.

Vermilio and Azudra are both substantially stronger than any Demon Lord...and they're also middle management, so Hyura wasn't really bluffing. There are stronger demons fighting the unnamed threat similar to the New World Beings in the North that humanity seems to have absolutely no idea about. Helck encountered them but didn't know the things had a name.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-01, 17:54   Link #67
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That certainly explains why all human towns were deserted. Pretty obvious there's a higher power involved in the humans' transformation. But why get involved now? How is it related to the death of Helck's brother? There are so many mysteries, I love it.
Old 2023-08-01, 18:01   Link #68
kari-no-sugata II

beach episode!

Except not quite...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-01, 20:24   Link #69
grecefar

yeah, there are some questions that I would like the answer and helck is surrounded in mystery.

this is getting good.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-01, 22:19   Link #70
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ahh yes, if there is one hero, why not make more. Another in the checklist of similarities between Hero animes this season

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-02, 00:25   Link #71
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Oof, another good episode. The animation fell in quality a bit, but the storytelling is as tight as the prev eps. The change from toxic cave to tropical island paradise is def an interesting change of scenery, esp if they warped to a whole new land or even new world.

I also like the setup of Helck and Anne working together. I just love her reactions to Helck in general, but most of those have been from a third perspective, but now that they will be interacting directly, it should be a fun time, despite the seriousness of the situation.

I was kinda impressed about Dorshe(only remember this guy name because of ousama ranking ) ability. He was actually beating up the winged soldiers and his barrier was really powerful. Still silly, but serious at the same time; Helck(the show) does this so amazingly well.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-02, 00:25   Link #72
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
The big open question is why Helck warned Hyura and Vermilio not to kill Edil, and that doing so would be a mistake. Only for one of the other awakened winged humans to kill off Edil. Helck and the winged humans know something we and the demons do not.
Presumably killing off weaker members of the angel squad transfers their strength to the others, leaving a few super elite ones after most have been killed off. At least that's what I'm inferring so far.
Old 2023-08-02, 10:23   Link #73
Twi

Blog review done. Another faithful episode, Edil looked a lot more sickly than I expected.
Old 2023-08-08, 18:46   Link #74
grecefar

Good chapter, there were a lot of funny moments. The fluffy bird/chicken was the best.
Old 2023-08-08, 19:45   Link #75
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Of course part of me would love Vermilio to just ask Helck some questions. But I get it. She does have to balance the risks. Helck is hilariously OP, but the key is that he's OP. Poking a hornet's nest isn't a great plan. She knows darn well that it's realistic that she challenges him and doesn't even take him down with her.

But I do wish she'd ask so we could get some answers . There's clearly a lot going on with Helck, but he isn't an enemy. Is for the best that she's stuck there with him though to build up that connection for when they do go back. I just hope they get a little closer than they are now.

The situation is pretty darn serious though. The demons really have their hands full with so much an an invasion at a time like this is just not good at all.

Will be interesting to see how things continue to play out.
Old 2023-08-09, 05:44   Link #76
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

The storytelling is insanely good.. the pacing is very decent and I love it.
Also Piwi!!!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-09, 14:57   Link #77
Twi

Review done. It covered Chapter 13-15 of the manga. Pretty much a perfect adaptation.
Old 2023-08-15, 13:54   Link #78
scififan

The new demon general shows up. The winged human supposedly have hero-like ability. The battle shows they are still too weak to qualify as hero.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-15, 18:03   Link #79
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Azudra casually owning 1000 winged knights was impressive. He isn't one of the Elite Four for nothing. The one responsible for everything is apparently the King of the humans, who is likely to be Helck's father.

The episode proved once again the humans have zero clue about the Demons' hierarchy.
Old 2023-08-15, 18:18   Link #80
grecefar

Good to know a little more about helck and vermillion is trusting him more and more so she now is starting to ask questions.

Demons aren't pushovers and it's just humans that are toi arrogants with their new powers. Badass azudra was great after all that comedy.