AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-19, 07:44   Link #61
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-19, 19:02   Link #62
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
His life begins again .
Old 2024-01-20, 13:01   Link #63
Frontier

Well, it's nice to be able to wake up with an arm and leg again, eh Jinwoo? Even if you're not sure how you survived...and similar questions come in the form of Woo (Makoto Furukawa!) and his assistant (Kouki Uchiyama!) .

So the people actually got out survived...I guess that's good, even if Sung is still missing an arm and will have to retire, and Joohe is so traumatized that she might never be able to be a Hunter again either. Not to mention all the people who died .

Poor Jinwoo really was hyped to think he got a second Awakening like a proper MC and he's still got below average Mana. Though soon he'll realize exactly what sets him apart from other Hunters .

Jinah is so cute and caring! No wonder Jinwoo is so dedicated to her! Just gotta keep safe to ensure she doesn't quit school to work for his sake !

At this point you'd think Jinwoo would be more cognizant of messages telling him to do stuff knowing what happens when you don't listen to ominous instructions...but I guess he needed to realize if he doesn't do his daily quests/workouts he'll have to survive four hours in the desert being hunted by giant killer centipedes .

Cha's fashion game is on-point but she's less confident in her mentorship skills, but the Hunter's Guild needs her to show the less experienced the rope if they're going to build up their prestiege internationally. Me, I just want to see her in action as a Hunter !

I guess if anything was going to get Joohee out of her funk, it's getting to see Jinwoo, though she refrains from seeing him when she sees he's back and at it with gusto while she's still an emotional mess. I was looking forward to their reunion too .

So unlike other Hunters Jinwoo has the ability to actually level up (hence the title), meaning he can boost his stats, get daily rewards, and even get lootboxes. He's already buffing up his strength .

Man, these dungeons sure do pop up in the most inconvenient spots sometimes .

Jinwoo has had to deal with a lot. His mom getting a case of rare eternal sleep disease, being the weakest hunter who couldn't make enough money for his mom, and people looking down on him...but now he has the chance to make up for that and truly be powerful .

He really should've known better than to think that an instant dungeon would be easy to get out of, it basically takes him out the real world and places him in a dungeon-ified version of his environment and pits him against enemies and Bosses to level him up more. Good news is he can kill goblins now (Goblin Slayer would approve), bad news is the boss is a wolf with a steel jaw and he has no weapon !
Old 2024-01-20, 14:30   Link #64
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

In terms of 'feeling', still nothing. Absolutely nothing.

The system is also very generic. "It's just like a videogame" indeed.

I am mildly interested in seeing if there's any reason why these dungeons appear. And what it means to be a "player".

But other than that. A special dungeon only for protag-kun where protag-kun can farm monsters for exp? Daily quests? Loot boxes? If I didn't know any better I'd say this was advetising some kind of shitty mobile game.

The show also tries so very hard to get me on the edge of my seat. Like oh no! He's all by himself! Not even a healer, so if he gets injured here, he could be in real trouble! His dagger broke, oh no! Aaanyway....

I feel no tension or suspense. Of course protag-kun is going to bullshit his way into killing the allegedly unbeatable metal jaw wolf thing. Like does the show think I haven't seen this a million times already?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-20, 17:36   Link #65
grecefar

the most unbelievable thing in this chapter even counting all the power stuff is that he run at full speed for 4 hours straight.

it seems that the incident wasn't made public since her sister while she was worried, it was like a normal thing because he is always injured after missions.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-20, 18:29   Link #66
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Oh yeah I forgot about that part. That was so bogus. The writer could have achieved the same thing had he made the time limit ten minutes.

Like I'm supposed to believe that he could run non stop for four hours with those bottom tier stats of his?

Like there wasn't even any strategy to the whole "survive" angle either. It just showed him running, and then four hours later he was still running.

There's all sorts of way to make a "survive for X amount of time" more interesting.
Old 2024-01-20, 18:54   Link #67
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post

I am mildly interested in seeing if there's any reason why these dungeons appear. And what it means to be a "player".

But other than that. A special dungeon only for protag-kun where protag-kun can farm monsters for exp? Daily quests? Loot boxes? If I didn't know any better I'd say this was advetising some kind of shitty mobile game.

The show also tries so very hard to get me on the edge of my seat. Like oh no! He's all by himself! Not even a healer, so if he gets injured here, he could be in real trouble! His dagger broke, oh no! Aaanyway....

I feel no tension or suspense. Of course protag-kun is going to bullshit his way into killing the allegedly unbeatable metal jaw wolf thing. Like does the show think I haven't seen this a million times already?
I think it being straightforward is kind of the appoint since it's a game system being applied to the "real world."

I also thought they did a good job of making the stuff with the goblins and the wolf feel tense, but that's just me.
Quote:
Oh yeah I forgot about that part. That was so bogus. The writer could have achieved the same thing had he made the time limit ten minutes.

Like I'm supposed to believe that he could run non stop for four hours with those bottom tier stats of his?

Like there wasn't even any strategy to the whole "survive" angle either. It just showed him running, and then four hours later he was still running.

There's all sorts of way to make a "survive for X amount of time" more interesting.
I didn't think his survival instincts carried an inhuman amount of stamina .
Old 2024-01-20, 20:18   Link #68
Decel

Art and animation feels different, as in better, than ep1, which from the looks of it may have been the odd one out.

To those who are disappointed so far, I doubt you'll be convinced otherwise later on. The art and execution is what elevated this manwha in my opinion, not the story's originality.
Old 2024-01-21, 02:37   Link #69
Chosen_Hero

Quote:

From what I have told when I read the first few chapters and raised the same concerns apparently
Spoiler for true face of the series:
Old 2024-01-21, 04:07   Link #70
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
To those who are disappointed so far, I doubt you'll be convinced otherwise later on. The art and execution is what elevated this manwha in my opinion, not the story's originality.
I agree with this. If they are complaining this early, they might as well bow out. While the 1st episode was certainly questionable in terms of story progression, the last two episodes were pretty consistent. MAYBE if they enjoyed the goblin fight, they'll have something to look forward to, but complaints about the story.... it doesn't get any better really, so I doubt they'll see it any different later. That's not to say I have a problem with it(read most of the source anyway), and I could be wrong ofc, but that's just the feeling I got after reading their responses.

Last edited by frubam; 2024-01-21 at 04:55. Reason: change for misinterpretation of quoted comment
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-21, 10:04   Link #71
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I already said, I'm having a lot of fun watching this with a critical eye, and I do not believe I will stop any time soon.

Funnily, Shangri-La Frontier just had a "survive for X amount of time" scene that was far better than this.
Old 2024-01-21, 11:06   Link #72
grecefar

Ehh I was like that with chainsaw man, it's a problem when fans overhype too much an anime before release and when it's out it falls flat.

It happened with tower of god, chainsaw man, with this and it will happen in the future with all overhype anime.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-21, 16:49   Link #73
Greenish Growth

There's a difference between liking something subjectively and objective quality.

There are things I like even though I know they're not high quality and there are things I don't like even though I know they are high quality.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-21, 16:58   Link #74
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Ehh I was like that with chainsaw man, it's a problem when fans overhype too much an anime before release and when it's out it falls flat.

It happened with tower of god, chainsaw man, with this and it will happen in the future with all overhype anime.
A bunch of people liking something that you end up not liking doesn't make it overhyped, it just means you don't like it.

Within a day the last episode got 58.7K likes on CR, and that's just people going out of their way to hit the like button and says nothing about how many people actually watched the episode. I wouldn't exactly call that falling flat.
Old 2024-01-21, 19:28   Link #75
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
A bunch of people liking something that you end up not liking doesn't make it overhyped, it just means you don't like it.

Within a day the last episode got 58.7K likes on CR, and that's just people going out of their way to hit the like button and says nothing about how many people actually watched the episode. I wouldn't exactly call that falling flat.
Although I haven't seen Chainsaw Man, from my understanding, it actually does some good things.

If Solo Leveling does any good things, well, they haven't happened yet. In three episodes.

So it doesn't really survive the three episode rule were I to watch this seriously.
Old 2024-01-21, 22:02   Link #76
Strahan

The daily quest penalty wasn't meant to be a big deep dive whole episode ordeal. Even in the manhua it is resolved pretty quickly. It is silly that he ran for four hours but what can you do, heh. I've read all of Solo Leveling, I think it's pretty good but the beginning when he just has to learn to ramp up his strength is a bit slow. I wish this was a 24 ep season; there is so much to cover.

I'm sure a lot of three episode rule people won't keep this on their watch list thanks to the slow build up but once things get rolling it's worth it.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-22, 06:41   Link #77
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I'd say episode 2 managed to heavily increase the drama and tension but then episode 3 suddenly made the story calmer with the protagonist having shown no sign of his torture at all. I guess we needed to learn his personal life but wait 3 episodes for that in a show of 12 episodes seems weird especially with opening video that makes Jin look like a superhero in contrast to the episodes.
Old 2024-01-22, 08:20   Link #78
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
The daily quest penalty wasn't meant to be a big deep dive whole episode ordeal. Even in the manhua it is resolved pretty quickly. It is silly that he ran for four hours but what can you do, heh. I've read all of Solo Leveling, I think it's pretty good but the beginning when he just has to learn to ramp up his strength is a bit slow. I wish this was a 24 ep season; there is so much to cover.

I'm sure a lot of three episode rule people won't keep this on their watch list thanks to the slow build up but once things get rolling it's worth it.
"What can ya do." Well, as the audience, nothing obvious. As the writer, a plethora of things. Like making it ten minutes. Or show him going from hiding spot to hiding spot to get moments of rest. Like, anything other than what the writer actually did.

And I think it's important for your show to meet the three episode rule. There is a reason Oshi no Ko went with a first episode that's 100 minutes long. Once again, there's a bunch of things not only the author, but the anime adapters could have done here.

...Such as compressing the first three episodes down to a single episode. You know, remove all the useless fluff?
Old 2024-01-22, 09:41   Link #79
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post

I loved Tower of God and Chainsawman. (The source, I mean.) I never really got the hype for Solo Leveling. It was ok, not great.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-23, 16:52   Link #80
Strahan

Quote:
"What can ya do." Well, as the audience, nothing obvious.
Yep, I was referring to us not the writer. Since there is nothing we can do about it, I just shrug and not let it bother me. Less stressful
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote