AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-19, 20:51   Link #221
Zhemos

Here's two Akari avatars I made. Feel free to use!

More to come soon.
Old 2006-06-20, 04:46   Link #222
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Episode 10.

It's episodes like these that make me so happy this series will air for 26 eps. The atmosphere was absolutely perfect in this ep (again), which created the ideal mood for the intense sweetness in this ep. I particularly enjoyed how this ep seemed to follow the same sort of formula as the first season, where the characters would go through some sort of minor adventure and come out some what wiser at the other end of it. It's the characters that have always made this show most enjoyable, and I'm glad they got even more than usual attention in this ep.
Old 2006-06-22, 22:41   Link #223
Zhemos

Episode 10 is my favorite one so far.

Anyone else watch Aria right before you go to sleep? Watching Aria makes me so relaxed I usually pass out.

Here's a cute ava I made from episode one.

Last edited by Zhemos; 2006-06-26 at 01:09.
Old 2006-06-23, 00:26   Link #224
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhemos
Episode 10 is my favorite one so far.

Anyone else watch Aria right before you go to sleep? Watching Aria makes me so relaxed I usually pass out.
I do that also. I only watch Aria late at night right before bedtime. Otherwise I feel like I'm wasting a perfectly good relaxation. If I don't go to sleep after Aria, I have to break the mood and come back to reality.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-06-24, 01:03   Link #225
ando

From a monthly TV program magazine:
Spoiler for future episode synopses in 2ch:
Old 2006-06-24, 02:56   Link #226
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Just watched episode 10. I no longer have to speculate at all about what the subtitle "The Natural" refers to. Akari is a natural with people. This was such a beautiful episode it literally brought tears to my eyes.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-06-24, 09:47   Link #227
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

NSW - I don't know if you missed my post, but that's pretty much what I said in answer to your question before As the San Marco Square Expert says: Miss Expert of being happy.

Alas, I'm still waiting on episode 8, so it will be some time before I get to see what you're talking about. I'm not about to jump ship on the group I've been following since the start though, so I shall be patient Aria is well worth the wait.
Old 2006-06-26, 01:32   Link #228
ando

Episode 13 was aired. I like this episode the most so far in ARIA The Natural.
Spoiler:

Ai wallpaper:
Old 2006-06-26, 01:50   Link #229
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Next to Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, Ouran Koukou Hosto Bu, and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, is Aria the Natural. What does this mean? It simply means Aria 2 is simply popular with people.

Here's the link for reference: http://rowen.air-nifty.com/rsm/cat4996517/index.html
Old 2006-06-26, 02:04   Link #230
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
NSW - I don't know if you missed my post, but that's pretty much what I said in answer to your question before As the San Marco Square Expert says: Miss Expert of being happy.
Oh no, I didn't miss your post. I'm sorry if you felt your post was ignored. I merely meant to indicate that speculation is no longer needed, since episode 10 spelled it out clearly. And I don't think it is that she is an expert at being happy. It is more that she is a natural at making friends of all sorts. Her talent is to put other people at their ease and making them happy.

Old 2006-06-26, 04:04   Link #231
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

I didn't think it had been ignored But since you didn't indicate having noticed it at all I just wanted to make sure you hadn't missed it by accident or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSW
And I don't think it is that she is an expert at being happy. It is more that she is a natural at making friends of all sorts. Her talent is to put other people at their ease and making them happy.
Yep, that's what I said. I just added the Cafe Owner's little comment there as being someone who had noticed Akari's charm. She's someone that unconciously makes people around her feel at ease and relaxed
Old 2006-06-26, 04:13   Link #232
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I know that this is a relatively feelgood show, but does this have parallels with Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou? I've been meaning to watch the OVAs but a lot of people commented negatively on its slowness, though the manga as a whole is very well-accepted and has finished after 140 chapters. NightWish, NSW, Mr_Paper, care to answer?

(Not that I'm planning to watch Aria the NATURAL but seeing the comments and all, feel that it's pretty near Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.)
Old 2006-06-27, 01:26   Link #233
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

There are certainly some similarities in terms of pacing, but other than that, they are extremely different.

YKK makes you go, "huh." It creates a sense of wonder at the strangeness of the world and humanity. By contrast Aria makes you go, "awwww" as it creates a sense of gentle contemplation and joy.

Old 2006-06-27, 12:00   Link #234
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Alice is so cute in episode 13! This series has just been amazing so far. I wasn't too happy with season 1 because there were a lot of boring, slow episodes, but I can't remember any like that this season. There have been a couple of surreal episodes, but all of them have just been "wonderful" as Akari would say
Old 2006-06-27, 13:44   Link #235
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Season 1? Boring and slow? Ok, slow yes, because that's the point, but boring? I can think of a single episode I couldn't watch more than a couple of times and that's the letter delivery for the cat/ kid, but even then I didn't consider it boring.

Personally I find all of it to be 'suteki'.
Old 2006-06-30, 10:55   Link #236
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

aria the natural has a pretty amazing soundtrack i have to say. its mostly soft piano and guitar instrumentals, but it is grade A elevator music. definately need to have if u like the tsukihime soundracks.
Old 2006-06-30, 15:56   Link #237
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

I like how ARIA the Natural has a lot more consistent character designs than the first season. Bravo for HAL Animation.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-06-30, 18:10   Link #238
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Huh? I thought they were less consistent myself, particularly Alice. I didn't notice any really bad issues in season 1, but right from the outset season 2 had seriously dodgy designs. It was mostly that first episode, fair enough, but still I don't think the characters look as nice as they did in season 1. The group I'm following is only up to 7 though, so I'll comment further after catching up
Old 2006-07-01, 17:43   Link #239
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Hmmm, that's strange. The only difference was that the faces got a little wider, but I think that's still looks pretty good compared to the manga.

What would be really cool, if the anime goes this far in the manga:

Spoiler:

That would be bloody awesome.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-07-02, 23:48   Link #240
ando

Episode 14.
Spoiler:

ARIA The NATURAL PS2 game "ARIA The NATURAL 〜遠い記憶(ゆめ)のミラージュ〜" info, 28/9/2006 on sale.
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/...60630/aria.htm

Spoiler for episode 13:

Last edited by ando; 2006-07-03 at 00:33.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, hal, science fiction, seinen, slice of life