AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 36 33.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 43.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 18.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-15, 20:21   Link #41
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by tun View Post
Spoiler for episode 11 picture:
I'll just say part of me is glad to see that happen.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-15, 20:49   Link #42
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555
Yeah, girls in the "3rd string" position generally don't really stir up the waters as much in these kinds of animes and sit around as childhood friends or whatnot, giving off hints that they like the main dude but never really doing much more than standing by as the #1/#2 chicks square off over the main male, although they do seem to be playing a larger role more recently.
While I like the analysis, I think you're being a bit too charitable. As it stands, I don't dislike how Aiko has been portrayed. I also understand that she is meant to be a foil to highlight the relationships between the "real" leads. However, if that were the case, I would rather that they had dropped the character and spent more time with the characters on centrestage.

Which is how I felt about Aiko most of the time. She is a nice character, but for the most part, she was a red herring — added to provide more "drama" to an already complicated situation. An unnecessary (and overused) plot device.

After the climax we've experienced in Episode 10, this episode felt a bit anti-climatic in comparison, despite that all-important kiss. For now, it seems that the show peaked a bit too early and it's now suffering the consequence — waffling.

That said, it might be a too soon to tell. Taken as a whole, it also seems that they're building up towards the festival finale. It's probably going to be a "happily ever after" scenario, for all the couples involved. With so many feelings still unresolved, I guess they do need the next two episodes to tie all the loose ends. Will have to wait and see.
Old 2008-03-16, 01:44   Link #43
EphemeralDream
Suigintou Fan

Perhaps Shin will do the right thing and start a harem
Old 2008-03-16, 02:06   Link #44
jaisrh

I think there have been a lot more harem than non-harem shows or is it just me somehow ending up watching more of the harem variety? I actually appreciate that this is not a harem show. The whole theme allows for more depth of feeling and the music just enhances everything. This one will stay with me for a long time whereas most of the others have already been mostly forgotten.
Old 2008-03-16, 02:27   Link #45
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
That was one wierd song Noe was singing:

"There are cockroaches under Shin's feet..."
"There are cockroaches inside Shin's hat..."
"There are cockroaches inside Shin's butt..."

And I keep thinking if she's going to jump off...
Old 2008-03-16, 03:22   Link #46
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

wonderful episode. hiromi + glasses was very nice. +rep to miyokichi. argh @ the cliff hanger (can't wait for next week!)
Old 2008-03-16, 07:54   Link #47
hai_san

really this ep cliffhanger is the worst(in a positive way)... since ep 8 with Hiromi running away with Jun...god i can't wait for the next ep to come out... i will even willing to watch the raw for it just to know about the outcome a little sooner.
Old 2008-03-16, 08:23   Link #48
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Spoiler for Next ep...:

Spoiler for thoughts on this ep:

Some other random comments:

I never liked girls in glasses </3
Noe sleeping in the chicken's pen is more proof of her weirdness. I can understand all her good points and agree with most of them, but shes just so weirddddd xD
Ai x Nobuse! Happy for them.
Girls in basketball being btches :angry:
Jun coming in and scolding them :happy:
Jun having so much influence over girls :jealous:

Oh well, one more week!
Old 2008-03-16, 08:36   Link #49
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tness View Post
Spoiler for Next ep...:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-16, 08:38   Link #50
JCMS

Damn this week will be long with 4 exams...

I still have some hopes for Noe. I think I'll lol if the chicken is tossed in the water.
I do hope that next episode will continue right there .
Old 2008-03-16, 08:45   Link #51
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun View Post
Spoiler:
For sure? xD Because I been thinking, and the following scenario -could- work.

-Shin likes Hiromi initially.
-Shin "likes" Noe because he likes Hiromi so he made the deal.
-Noe treats Shin real nice.
-Shin likes Hiromi and forgets Noe, since he never liked Noe anyways.
-Noe is super sad.
-Shin realizes Noe's feelings, and realizes all that Noe has done for him, and realizes he has been an idiot.
-Shin likes Noe in the end.

-Jun likes Noe initially.
-Jun "likes" Hiromi because he likes Noe so he made the deal.
-Jun treats Hiromi real nice. But Hiromi treats Jun real cold.
-Hiromi tells Jun that he doesnt like her anyway.
-Jun realizes that he has grown to like Hiromi, even though he didnt before, and does something to change her view of him, and she gives him a chance.
-They like each other in the end.

-Hiromi likes Shin initially.
-Hiromi fights for Shin.
-Hiromi finally loses to Noe.
-Hiromi decides to move on, and maybe give Jun a chance.

I think this is possible.
Old 2008-03-16, 08:55   Link #52
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

If that happened, that would be a pretty weak ending. I'm not a fan of the "liking a girl because she likes you" scenario. It's been pretty clear that Shin has always been aiming for Hiromi, so seeing him not accomplish his goal would be a disappointment.
Old 2008-03-16, 09:00   Link #53
Westlo
Lets be reality

Also to get to that stage in 2 episodes it would feel like a shortcut and just weak writing overall.
Old 2008-03-16, 09:18   Link #54
golthin

Quote:

Some other random comments:

Ai x Nobuse! Happy for them.
It is good that they can go back to being friends. IT was really cool that Nobuse also was already headed for Aiko's shop when she made the call. That was a really nice coincidence that both of them decided to renew their friendship at the same time! This season had two of my favaorite romance shows show that people can stay friends even after a break. I wouldn't mind if the producers hookthem up by episode 13, but I think they will leave it ambiguous and up to the audience imagination.

One thing is for sure, Aiko's feelings for nobuse were the same type of feelings that Shin has for Aiko. Now with their friendship renewed maybe Aiko can see Nobuse's good points and if they can't get pass that limitation, having a cute girl as a friend is not that bad as Aiko said. This time Nobuse won't be hunted by Shin's ghost.

Did anyone notice that during the dance practice, how the camera focus in the table with refreshement. Aiko's absence was highlighted as she moving on.
Old 2008-03-16, 09:19   Link #55
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Be careful, or some people would accuse us of being biased against Noe.

I suppose anything is possible and a lot can happen in just two episodes, but I agree that it would take a lot to create a plausible Shin x Noe within this time frame. I leaning more towards a "happily ever after" ending for everyone by the time the final episode comes around.
Old 2008-03-16, 09:23   Link #56
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Be careful, or some people would accuse us of being biased against Noe.

I suppose anything is possible and a lot can happen in just two episodes, but I agree that it would take a lot to create a plausible Shin x Noe within this time frame. I leaning more towards a "happily ever after" ending for everyone by the time the final episode comes around.
Thats the problem >_<. The scenario I outlined could be considered a happily ever after for everyone. I have always believed this anime would end up as Hiromi x Shin, but with one episode to go, and Noe still seemingly in the fight, im wondering how can they conjure up a happily ever after scenario for her?

If Hiromi x Shin is true, it practically condemns Noe to be unhappy, with no one (but her brother ) to give her comfort. At least Ai had Nobuse...
Old 2008-03-16, 09:25   Link #57
JCMS

There are 2 episodes to go
Old 2008-03-16, 10:01   Link #58
cloudninja

Quote:
Thats the problem >_<. The scenario I outlined could be considered a happily ever after for everyone. I have always believed this anime would end up as Hiromi x Shin, but with one episode to go, and Noe still seemingly in the fight, im wondering how can they conjure up a happily ever after scenario for her?

If Hiromi x Shin is true, it practically condemns Noe to be unhappy, with no one (but her brother ) to give her comfort. At least Ai had Nobuse...
I always considered Hiromi to have the toughest situation. She lost both her parents and has no immediate family now, or relatives that she would rather live with. She went to live at Shin's house because she was hoping that he could return her to a "joyful place" as she revealed in episode 10 only to have Shin's mother tell her an awful lie while treating her badly for the past year. Shin then realized that he was right when he thought that Hiromi wanted him to wipe her tears away. He resolved at the end of episode 10 to "do everything properly". While they brought that first picture book scene into play in episode 10, Shin has not truly wiped Hiromi's tears away because he has not resolved the matter of his relationship with Noe. That's what they're focusing on for the moment before Shin can turn his attention back to Hiromi. Hiromi's misunderstandings over the picture book and his relationship with Noe along with Shin's misunderstanding over Hiromi's relationship with Jun only serve to prolong the drama a little longer.

Noe and Jun besides having each other seem to have at least their mother and a stepfather. Jun told Hiromi in episode 6 that their mother worked a lot so that's why we don't see her although he said that they lost their father and grandmother. In episode 10 Jun said that his father gave him an old bike that he was planning to fix up, so I guess they have a stepfather now. The loss that we see that seems to have affected Noe the most was her grandmother which she took hard and caused her to literally believe that her grandmother took her tears away.

They don't reveal anything about Aiko's family. It does seem strange that Aiko is the only one working at her shop and they never mention her family but they also have not revealed that she has reason to be sad about her family situation.

Anyway, Shin took his picture book when he went looking for Noe. Noe already knows what the picture book is about and who Shin likes. Shin realizes that he has hurt others with his indecisiveness and is trying but struggling in his attempts to "do everything properly". Shin knows now that Noe saw right through him to see his inner feelings because this episode showed him reflecting on Noe's words and finally understanding what Noe meant when she said those things to him before. Noe sings at the end of this episode "The one in Shinichiro's heart is...Yuasa Hiromi" while actually seeming to smile a little. She seems ready to accept it after avoiding that subject the last couple of episodes. The episode ending looks a perfect setup for them to get it out in the open and over with. Noe took Jibeta because she wanted to let Jibeta fly but it is Shin that she will release in order to allow him to fly. As she said in episode 9 to Shin which he reflects upon while searching for Noe, "The place where you fly is'nt here". I just hope it does'nt drag on throughout the next episode and beyond.

The writers have spent so much effort in making the central themes connect with the overall story that it would be unlikely that they would abandon it.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-03-16 at 10:11.
Old 2008-03-16, 10:15   Link #59
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

While I'm a bit relieved to hear the words of the title towards Jun, I can't help but feel a bit sad that it wasn't towards Shin. I mean, I'm as big a HiromiXShin shipper as you can get, but I was half hoping Hiromi said that to Shin to get a bigger drama out of this show. While sure it would've been totally out of left field (and not to mention they have very few episodes left to work with), but a bit more drama in the show won't hurt anyone, no? Then again, not like TT needs more drama anyways, as it already has a lot of it.

That said, probably the wtf moment of this show was when Hiromi told Shin to lock the door. I was going, 'Wtf? I understand Shin's parents, but Shin has the keys to her apartment as well?' Late night incursions, anyone?

And meganekko Hiromi = <3. Honami took the moe girl of the year award for me last year, and with that I think Hiromi all but took it this year lol.

Do wonder why she doesn't need glasses when playing b-ball, because as in any sport, near perfect vision is a must to be at the top of your game. Maybe she's far-sighted?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-03-16, 10:27   Link #60
Khaos

Arrow

Such a beautiful episode...

Spoiler for ...:
Closed Thread