AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 45 Rating
Perfect 10 25 48.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 40.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 9.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-21, 15:08   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 45 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Episode 45.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2010-02-21, 15:20   Link #2
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

To recap:

*Sits to watches episode*

*Mind is blown from sheer awesomeness*

This episode met all of my expectations and more. The Greed Vs. Wrath fight was movie quality, the Armstrong siblings fight was great, Izumi was funny as hell, and Envy is still as manipulative ever even though he is nothing more than a green prawn. Plus we get to see the Mustang group once again. Not to mention
Spoiler for just in case:

10/10

Now excuse me while I send to BONES the cleaning bill.
Old 2010-02-21, 15:29   Link #3
Haladflire65
*Artist

Yes... things are moving along... Great ep, Bradley vs. Greed was awesome, and yes, we're slowly entering the final arc!

Good epi.

But... I should really stop complaining about the music...
Old 2010-02-21, 22:41   Link #4
Vicious108

Great episode with a great setup for the great final arc.

We got to see how every character in the show is doing in that ending, and it was awesome.

The beggining fight was short but very sweet with near movie quality animation.

Then fetus Envy continued to be <3.

And finally Ed becoming Greed's henchman, which I've always thought was awesome.

And last but not least, Romi Paku and Rie Kugimiya voicing the Armstrong family females = pure win. xD
Old 2010-02-22, 01:34   Link #5
GaimeGuy

Yeah, I noticed that Rie was cathrine and Romi Paku was.... whatever the name of the mom is. :P

At least, with the somewhat deep-sounding female voice, i assumed that's who it was.

I still kind of wish they did a little more expansion during the Briggs arc episodes about Mustang's preparations with the East and coordinations with Olivier and Briggs.

And now that I think about it, how did Marcoh and Scar find out about the Promised Day in the manga? O_o (maybe answer that in spoilers)
Old 2010-02-22, 02:09   Link #6
Vicious108

Considering that there was a considerable timeskip after this episode, there was plenty of time for them to meet up with someone and learn about it.
Old 2010-02-22, 06:56   Link #7
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

How they placed the episode title right at the end there was easily the most epic moment in this series so far.
Old 2010-02-22, 10:21   Link #8
Forever
Revealing the truth

Holy shit alex got owned. (I am so glad I dont have a sister that can own me like that). I like how the father knew olivier will win... (which makes alex's defeat even sadder.)

I just love the buildup of the counterattack coming. Maybe the East and north army are going to overthrow central, but they cant beat those immortal soldiers though....
Old 2010-02-22, 10:37   Link #9
Dextro
He Without a Title

Armstrong family > all. They just keep getting more and more awesome with every episode. I was laughing my arse off every second of that fight. Poor Alex, he has a tough sister there :P

And Catherine was so cute coming back to wish good luck to her brother hehe :P

Anyway great episode overall, can't find a single complain being an anime-only viewer and all.
Old 2010-02-22, 14:31   Link #10
Bern-san

by far the best episode of brotherhood up until now.. finally we're getting to the final arc
now i can't wait to see
Spoiler for don't think is very spoilerish but just in case:
Old 2010-02-22, 14:50   Link #11
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Am I the only one kinda disappointed how little role Alex gets and how he was absolutely no match against his sister here? He's a state alchemist after all, I really would have expected him to perform a bit better than this terribly.
Old 2010-02-22, 15:09   Link #12
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

^ not really, Olivier is just a better fighter than him. And not to mention the whole thing might have been a set up from the start judging from their convo.

As for Alex getting shafted, yeah it is disappointing, but then again he was mostly a fanservice character for a while now. Hell, I don't remember him being around much since the 2X episodes.
Old 2010-02-22, 16:56   Link #13
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Amazing animation! I was like 0_0 the entire Wrath/Greedling fight, damn that was awesome.

The Olivier/Alex fight was nice also, I just love the Armstrongs lol and Katherine is just soo cute.

The Grumman/Rebecca scene wasn't as funny because he just rubbed her ass lol and in the manga he came up from behind and slapped it, I always laughed at that.

But wow, what a great episode, perfect introduction of the Promised Day and beginning of the final arc!
Old 2010-02-22, 17:02   Link #14
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I find it funny with the sort of love Bradly has been getting from the animation team, because it looks like they pour in their entire budget for every fight scene he is in
Old 2010-02-22, 17:03   Link #15
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I find it funny with the sort of love Bradly has been getting from the animation team, because it looks like they pour in their entire budget for every fight scene he is in
I'm sure that's going to change in coming episodes.
Old 2010-02-22, 17:14   Link #16
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Yeah, your right.

They'll just give him his own movie spin-off movie instead at this rate
Old 2010-02-22, 17:37   Link #17
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Am I the only one kinda disappointed how little role Alex gets and how he was absolutely no match against his sister here? He's a state alchemist after all, I really would have expected him to perform a bit better than this terribly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque
^ not really, Olivier is just a better fighter than him.
Yeah, no. The fight was purely comic relief and wasn't meant to be taken seriously. And I don't want to spoil anime-only watchers so I won't say anymore than this but wait for actual serious fights to measure their strength.

Alex is simply not the kind who'd be able to bring himself to hit his own sister. He's much too kind-hearted for that.
Old 2010-02-22, 18:06   Link #18
Ramp
Router

As an anmine only watcher, what a fabulous episode.
Old 2010-02-22, 18:43   Link #19
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

animation was crazy good this week. i think my mental time line is off a little because i swear there's another fight scene they skipped... oh well. all i know is that the last few eps are going to be packed with action. i hope they can keep up the animation budget.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-02-22, 21:55   Link #20
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Awesome, again!! A bad ass action scene like that is a great way to open up an episode. The animation was top notch too. This is gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
How they placed the episode title right at the end there was easily the most epic moment in this series so far.
I love when they do that. It gives a different feel and sometimes the title can ruin some things.

Speaking of ruining things, the preview totally ruined Ed & Winry's reunion. I thought for sure it'd be a while until they met up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Armstrong family > all. They just keep getting more and more awesome with every episode. I was laughing my arse off every second of that fight. Poor Alex, he has a tough sister there :P

And Catherine was so cute coming back to wish good luck to her brother hehe :P
That was hilarious, oh man. You can always depend on the Armstrong's for comic relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
It was surprising, I thought he'd at least get one transmutation out. But I guess he couldn't fight his honorable sister seriously.