Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-04-02, 05:45   Link #3021
hamazura
whatever

amon and human, maybe like gorilla and monkey. similar but not same
Old 2014-04-02, 05:48   Link #3022
Breimoon

how did they protect themselves? unlike humans they should not be able to use magic .i wonder what kind of power do they have
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 06:29   Link #3023
hamazura
whatever

they are old peoples, everybody respect them
Old 2014-04-02, 15:52   Link #3024
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
I don't know but Barbatos, Focalor, Zagan and Paimon looks pretty normal for me, they don't even have weird ears like Leraje.

Amon is from the Hermit race so I think his race is probably have better understanding about the world's nature and philosophy ?. I think they probably live in hidden places( in the high mountain or deep forest, studying medicine herbs,... )
if you look at Zagan and Paimon in their Djinn form they don't have normal ears, I don't know about Barbatos and Focalor, but if the other species use magic can only use one type of magic, just like how all the djinns can use one type of magic, then that mean all the 72 djinns are not human.
Old 2014-04-04, 05:00   Link #3025
natchu96

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
if you look at Zagan and Paimon in their Djinn form they don't have normal ears, I don't know about Barbatos and Focalor, but if the other species use magic can only use one type of magic, just like how all the djinns can use one type of magic, then that mean all the 72 djinns are not human.
Maybe all humans that become Djinn have pointy ears?

On the "one magic each" thing with Djinn . . . what if what powers they have now is related to the divine staff they had when they became djinn? We seem to see emphasis on the the third eye they gain when the staffs are in use. Perhaps, in addition to the greater power, each staff grants a unique extreme magic (and I guess weaker derivatives)? If Ugo simply managed to modify the staff to accept a non-human user, then the non-human . . . um, being, would only be able to access the strong spells the staff naturally gives? (i.e. Amon's staff allowed him to use Amol Al-Badol Saiqa and the weaker Amol Saiqa derivatives, but nothing else since he's a Hermit that can't learn other things like humans can).

The human users of the staffs would still theoretically be able to use whatever magic they already knew, but since they are using the divine staffs as their primary offense for combat purposes, it would make sense to largely neglect their own magic in favor of the stronger magic each staff granted. Thus all 72 remaining household members that became djinn only ever using one type of magic each.

Just speculation going through my head though. Food for thought.

(man, I need to lurk less don't I)
natchu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 14:08   Link #3026
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchu96 View Post
Maybe all humans that become Djinn have pointy ears?
Ugo is human and in his djinn form he have normal ears.
Old 2014-04-04, 14:38   Link #3027
sonicgx11

I just checked out the raw for chapter 221

Its not looking good for sheba, poor girl

She certainly grew along with Solomon lol
sonicgx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 20:19   Link #3028
natchu96

Quote:
Ugo is human and in his djinn form he have normal ears.
Ugo is strange isn't he

The odd thing is that compared to images I remember seeing of non-djinn Paimon her ears seem much more pronounced now. They never protruded from her hair like this.

Of course, she also seemed to have facial expressions that are less insane-looking back then. It's actually kinda funny that she seems to either play for the other team or play for both.
natchu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 02:20   Link #3029
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

New chapter of Sindbad: Oh Sindbad, you're such a troll! You clearly tried not to remind them of the possibility of Minifor jumping away from the circle

Let see how he gonna deal with all the guys once they're out of the dungeon.
Old 2014-04-06, 10:59   Link #3030
ChampDream
Alive

I knew Sinbad could do that, now let see how he get away from everybody before he get kill.
Old 2014-04-06, 11:25   Link #3031
Breimoon

Quote:
I knew Sinbad could do that, now let see how he get away from everybody before he get kill.
the teleport after every dungeon clearing.Though he may not have time to get a few treasures.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 11:40   Link #3032
Awrya
U mad?

Sinbad better hopes the teleport is random again, otherwise he'll be in a world of pain.

In the main story we got a brief flashback of Sinbad, Jafar and Hinahoho conquering a dungeon together, is that a different dungeon altogether or is Sinbad just beautifying his memories of Valefor's dungeon?
Old 2014-04-06, 15:36   Link #3033
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
In the main story we got a brief flashback of Sinbad, Jafar and Hinahoho conquering a dungeon together, is that a different dungeon altogether or is Sinbad just beautifying his memories of Valefor's dungeon?
He still has 5 dungeons left to conquer, so it could very well have happened later. It would be funny if he did beautify his memories though

When was that flashback shown? I don't remember. How young they looked could give us an indication.
Old 2014-04-06, 15:43   Link #3034
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He still has 5 dungeons left to conquer, so it could very well have happened later. It would be funny if he did beautify his memories though

When was that flashback shown? I don't remember. How young they looked could give us an indication.
Ch.112, it's just a single frame, but they do look a bit older and Hinahoho is wearing a headband, so it could be a different dungeon. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for beautified memories.
Old 2014-04-06, 18:23   Link #3035
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Man this sucks...I don't want Sheba to become evil, I actually kind of like the girl now. I especially don't want her to become evil over something like jealousy over that other chick.
Becoming evil due to certain values she holds and whatnot...I don't want it but it's fine...but becoming evil and destroying the world because the guy you like doesn't like you back is bullshit.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 18:42   Link #3036
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Man this sucks...I don't want Sheba to become evil, I actually kind of like the girl now. I especially don't want her to become evil over something like jealousy over that other chick.
Becoming evil due to certain values she holds and whatnot...I don't want it but it's fine...but becoming evil and destroying the world because the guy you like doesn't like you back is bullshit.
I don't want her becoming evil either. I really like sheba! She's such a good girl. and adorable!
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 19:33   Link #3037
ChampDream
Alive

Sheba really look cute as a 17 year old, is interesting that in Alma Toran magicians can control their age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
If Sheba become evil, I don't think it will be because of that, I think that could be really stupid reason if that happen.
Old 2014-04-06, 19:44   Link #3038
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Really would suck to see Sheba go evil in general. Of course the fact that they've got this far to make her likable...makes it seem probable. After all nothing like making the ultimate villain a sympathetic type so it's more complicated when they get taken out.

Of course even if that doesn't happen she's still there while the world gets destroyed so that's hardly a positive result either.

Regardless certainly hope that Sheba seriously doesn't go evil because of a romantic situation. Getting upset? Sure, that's fine. Ending the world over it? That might be a bit extreme.
Old 2014-04-06, 19:44   Link #3039
Awrya
U mad?

Very interesting what was said about the quality of magoi changing, feeling impure.
I wonder how that will connect with Ilah and falling into depravity.

Aladdin's mother is pretty much confirmed, Sheba ship is slowly sinking.

Even though Sheba thought it was a joke when Solomon said he was worried about her mindset at times, seeing her eyes in Ch.215, he probably wasn't entirely joking.
Old 2014-04-06, 21:21   Link #3040
Kazu-kun

What if Arba is the one who goes evil and not Sheba? I know the staff suggests otherwise, but that's why I think it could be misdirection. It's just too obvious.

Anyway, in the first flashback at the beginning of this arc, we saw Sheba was close to Solomon, and Arba looked upset and Ugo was trying to comfort her. Maybe there's a hint there.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen