AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-12-06, 16:47   Link #21
Westlo
Lets be reality

Expect versions... if they handle it like Super onwards for IV it's fine.

SFV $60 Disc (2016)
SFV Hyper $15 DLC or $40 Disc (2018)
SFV Championship Edition $15 DLC or $40 Disc with all costumes (2019)
SFV Championship Edition 2021 Balance patch.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 19:33   Link #22
Iron Maw
Banned

Ugh.

The character still look their roid out SFIV counterparts. =/
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 19:57   Link #23
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

not even hyped one bit seeing this is just SFIV with a SFV logo. What we will have here is redone animation on hits, movesets, new balancing, a couple of new moveset, some fan favorite characters will return of course new characters and Capcom will another confusing storyline which is just make the SF lore even more confusing.

Also btw tons of DLC and their final product will be ULTRA MEGA ALPHA OMEGA FINAL EX STREET FIGHTER V
Old 2014-12-06, 20:16   Link #24
Ryuga

OTGs, trait power-ups, guard breaks, stage transitions.....yeah, I'm already digging this Street Fighter. Cross platform is great too. And I definitely disagree, this isn't just SF4 with a new logo.

Chun-Li's super looks sick, plus just like in 3rd Strike/CVS2/other games, you can juggle off it as well.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 20:19   Link #25
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Fuck yeah, so happy that it is on PC, that means I don't have to get a new fightstick.
In the same boat hype hype hype

Old 2014-12-06, 21:49   Link #26
Cyber6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
not even hyped one bit seeing this is just SFIV with a SFV logo. What we will have here is redone animation on hits, movesets, new balancing, a couple of new moveset, some fan favorite characters will return of course new characters and Capcom will another confusing storyline which is just make the SF lore even more confusing.

Also btw tons of DLC and their final product will be ULTRA MEGA ALPHA OMEGA FINAL EX STREET FIGHTER V
To be fair, tekken7 and mk x don't look much different either from their previous iterations.

As for their final product, I take it you don't play any arcsys games.

Just like westlo posted, if the dlc is handled like sf4, then it shouldn't be an issue since you'll have to buy one version only.
Cyber6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 06:33   Link #27
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
For some reason, I'm skeptical about Street Fighter V's early 2015 release. This is a make-or-break for Capcom as their latest fighting game could determine the fate of the fighting game genre.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 07:01   Link #28
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
For some reason, I'm skeptical about Street Fighter V's early 2015 release.
Source? I've seen no mention of any sort of release window.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 07:13   Link #29
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber6 View Post
To be fair, tekken7 and mk x don't look much different either from their previous iterations.

As for their final product, I take it you don't play any arcsys games.

Just like westlo posted, if the dlc is handled like sf4, then it shouldn't be an issue since you'll have to buy one version only.
Tekken 7 did have a difference on graphics which is more of a downgrade looking more animeish which I don't like. As for gameplay T7 still feels like Tekken tag tournament single player with supers. They say Feng was broken and some other characters are over powered.

MK for me looks like graphic upgrade with enviromental kills, not really an MK fan after MK3.

I play arcsys games like GG, BB and Persona Arena got all those games, they have the same "vibe" in terms of gameplay, but they have differences here and there on each of their game.

DLC's main issue is not the point, it's the new characters added on the new iteration of the game if they ever market the game that way also like USFIV you still need to pay and download the characters even if you re-sell your copy you get little money out of it now unlike before. I personally like the original outfits rather dlc ones as well, so no need for costume DLC's

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2014-12-07 at 07:41.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 07:35   Link #30
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Source? I've seen no mention of any sort of release window.
Here are some sources for its release. Unfortunately, this is just speculation!

http://tay.kotaku.com/street-fighter...lay-1667749943

http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/5/73...lusively-to-pc
Old 2014-12-07, 08:10   Link #31
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Here are some sources for its release. Unfortunately, this is just speculation!

http://tay.kotaku.com/street-fighter...lay-1667749943

http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/5/73...lusively-to-pc
Speculation is neither reliable or admissible. Also, the first link mentioned the PS4 version of Ultra being released in early 2015, not SF5.
Old 2014-12-07, 09:08   Link #32
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Sorry about that. I guess it was my mistake regarding the release schedule.

Regardless, I'm skeptical on whether Street Fighter V will make or break into the fighting game market. If SFV sinks, that's the end of the genre!
Old 2014-12-07, 10:21   Link #33
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I play arcsys games like GG, BB and Persona Arena got all those games, they have the same "vibe" in terms of gameplay, but they have differences here and there on each of their game.
lmao you're alright with this yet you constantly shitpost SF threads with Capcom cashgrabs? Let me break it down...

SFIV - $60
Super - $40
AE - $15 DLC
AE 2012 - Free for balance patch
Ultra - $15 DLC
Ultra Omega 2015 patch - Free for balance patch + Omega Mode + Edition Select Online

TOTAL = $130 for 6 years of playing SFIV

Blazblue - $60
Blazblue CP - $40
Blazblue CP DLC Characters - 3 of them for $7 each
Blazblue CP 2 - Free balance batch
Blazblue Extend - $40
Blazblue CP - $40
Blazblue CP - 2 DLC characters for $7, 1 was free if you bougth launch week
Blazblue CP 2.0 - Might be free, might be another extend. If free 2 dlc characters for $7, if another Extend $40

Total - Fuck load more than cashgrab Capcom.

You also say that its okay for Arc Sys games because they have some little differences between them? What exactly do you call Red Focus and Delayed Wakeup for Ultra Street Fighter?

Though it's clear you don't play SF since you thought shoto hadoken spam would rule Edition Select Online. I really wonder why people even try and shitpost stuff like that when it makes it clear they never even played the game anywhere near a high level.

And if you like original costumes and don't want to spend money on DLC, that's fine, stop bitching about it than. It's not like the people who design costumes on games like SFIV and DOA 5 are going to be working on stuff like stages and new characters, they're completely different fields.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 10:38   Link #34
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You also say that its okay for Arc Sys games because they have some little differences between them? What exactly do you call Red Focus and Delayed Wakeup for Ultra Street Fighter?
Uh... BBCT, BBCS and BBCP play very different from each other. It's not even just a matter of balance, there are large amounts of system mechanics they simply do not share among one another. The difference between each of them is probably more comparable to the difference between SF2 and Alpha than to the difference between Super SF4 and Ultra SF4, though certainly not to that same extent.
Old 2014-12-08, 03:35   Link #35
Cyber6

Quote:
Tekken 7 did have a difference on graphics which is more of a downgrade looking more animeish which I don't like. As for gameplay T7 still feels like Tekken tag tournament single player with supers. They say Feng was broken and some other characters are over powered.

MK for me looks like graphic upgrade with enviromental kills, not really an MK fan after MK3.

DLC's main issue is not the point, it's the new characters added on the new iteration of the game if they ever market the game that way also like USFIV you still need to pay and download the characters even if you re-sell your copy you get little money out of it now unlike before. I personally like the original outfits rather dlc ones as well, so no need for costume DLC's
So in your own words, tekken 7 is tekken 6 with an anime look. Not really a graphical upgrade.

Same with MKX. It's MK9 with prettier backgrounds. Not exactly a jump as well.

Look at the pics of chunli posted in the first page. It's not huge, but there is a noticeable difference between the models. It's also the alpha build and given SF4's difference between now and then, we should expect a similar transition with SF5.

So if you play arcsys games, why aren't you waiting for guilty gear xrd gg rr++xx-23?
Or Blazblue CP extend shift 2.0 3.0 trigger CX? Or waiting for Persona 4 Ultimax Ultimate Suplex Super Special Ultimatum?

As westlo pointed out, you can't be complain about capcom releasing multiple versions while supporting arcsys doing the exact same thing. A hypocritical stance is never a valid position.

As for resell, doing it capcom's way from ssf4 doesn't invalidate the previous version, which means it will have more value. Look at BBCS extend for example: there's no value in it anymore because you can't update it. Same thing with the first P4U as well. No point in getting it when you can just get 2nd version.
Old 2014-12-08, 03:47   Link #36
Cyber6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Uh... BBCT, BBCS and BBCP play very different from each other. It's not even just a matter of balance, there are large amounts of system mechanics they simply do not share among one another. The difference between each of them is probably more comparable to the difference between SF2 and Alpha than to the difference between Super SF4 and Ultra SF4, though certainly not to that same extent.
BBCS extend wasn't very different and they charged 40 dollars for it.
Old 2014-12-08, 14:17   Link #37
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I think Tokkan is referring to the differences from Calamity Trigger to Continuum Shift.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-12-09, 20:35   Link #38
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
lmao you're alright with this yet you constantly shitpost SF threads with Capcom cashgrabs? Let me break it down...

SFIV - $60
Super - $40
AE - $15 DLC
AE 2012 - Free for balance patch
Ultra - $15 DLC
Ultra Omega 2015 patch - Free for balance patch + Omega Mode + Edition Select Online

TOTAL = $130 for 6 years of playing SFIV

Blazblue - $60
Blazblue CP - $40
Blazblue CP DLC Characters - 3 of them for $7 each
Blazblue CP 2 - Free balance batch
Blazblue Extend - $40
Blazblue CP - $40
Blazblue CP - 2 DLC characters for $7, 1 was free if you bougth launch week
Blazblue CP 2.0 - Might be free, might be another extend. If free 2 dlc characters for $7, if another Extend $40

Total - Fuck load more than cashgrab Capcom.

Though it's clear you don't play SF since you thought shoto hadoken spam would rule Edition Select Online. I really wonder why people even try and shitpost stuff like that when it makes it clear they never even played the game anywhere near a high level.

And if you like original costumes and don't want to spend money on DLC, that's fine, stop bitching about it than. It's not like the people who design costumes on games like SFIV and DOA 5 are going to be working on stuff like stages and new characters, they're completely different fields.
Yeah like smart players like me want to get those stuff, like said I like playing my game on the original characters and costumes. They went ahead did what Capcom did which makes capcom a big bad influence in the industry and it shows, but did it pay off with the others no I see very little downloads on those set dlcs on psn. Also don't put words in my post I didn't say I ok on what they're do either. SF for me was something special and I really dislike that it was them that started it so I blame capcom more, also I don't post that much on Arc Sys games, I just buy their game and play not paying to balance anything they should have done it day one or should be patched for free on ALL fighting games now out there and are coming out.

Also I never mentioned Shoto hadouken where do you get that? Also not bitching about stuff not necessary for my taste now adays, not really interested in the whole mechanic also now a days because I play fighting games to have fun, I do not NEED to know all the engine and new balancing stuff whatever.

What I need is fun time in gaming and not something I bought that I need to buy again and again. Also I'm more busy at work now, got only Saturdays and Sunday off to play games. So nuff said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber6 View Post
So in your own words, tekken 7 is tekken 6 with an anime look. Not really a graphical upgrade.

Same with MKX. It's MK9 with prettier backgrounds. Not exactly a jump as well.

Look at the pics of chunli posted in the first page. It's not huge, but there is a noticeable difference between the models. It's also the alpha build and given SF4's difference between now and then, we should expect a similar transition with SF5.

So if you play arcsys games, why aren't you waiting for guilty gear xrd gg rr++xx-23?
Or Blazblue CP extend shift 2.0 3.0 trigger CX? Or waiting for Persona 4 Ultimax Ultimate Suplex Super Special Ultimatum?

As westlo pointed out, you can't be complain about capcom releasing multiple versions while supporting arcsys doing the exact same thing. A hypocritical stance is never a valid position.

As for resell, doing it capcom's way from ssf4 doesn't invalidate the previous version, which means it will have more value. Look at BBCS extend for example: there's no value in it anymore because you can't update it. Same thing with the first P4U as well. No point in getting it when you can just get 2nd version.
Yes it's my opinion also to each her/his own, I like the old graphics which felt more real, this one in T7 reminds me more of SFxT only more polished.

MK9 had good graphics, but MKX is way better now especially with the detail of the insides of the fighters organs.

I'll wait for the next build "for now" to me it still looks like SFIV with better graphics, new play system and effects.

like said I just play games now for fun, getting older more responsibility lesser time for games, I buy them now just to play for fun. I like fighting games I don't support what they DLC on our faces that's no fun at all.

No what I meant is that since way back 90's. When I was a kid I had to sell my SFII to get the next SFII turbo and the next Super SF game and so on, those still cost loads money till now those cartriges I sold. SFIV games now doesn't because of the market which is sad.
Old 2014-12-09, 23:41   Link #39
Chase

Hmm I like max's breakdown of the trailer. I missed some things he recogonized. I don't really like that they kept it similar to SFIV's style in terms of graphics. I mean its certainly more pleasing to the eyes over IV(more specifically the character models) but I kinda wanted them to go the other way.

P.S someone make the Nitroplus Blasters: Heroines Infinite Duel thread
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 20:50   Link #40
Cyber6

Quote:
Yeah like smart players like me want to get those stuff, like said I like playing my game on the original characters and costumes. They went ahead did what Capcom did which makes capcom a big bad influence in the industry and it shows, but did it pay off with the others no I see very little downloads on those set dlcs on psn. Also don't put words in my post I didn't say I ok on what they're do either. SF for me was something special and I really dislike that it was them that started it so I blame capcom more, also I don't post that much on Arc Sys games, I just buy their game and play not paying to balance anything they should have done it day one or should be patched for free on ALL fighting games now out there and are coming out.

Also I never mentioned Shoto hadouken where do you get that? Also not bitching about stuff not necessary for my taste now adays, not really interested in the whole mechanic also now a days because I play fighting games to have fun, I do not NEED to know all the engine and new balancing stuff whatever.

What I need is fun time in gaming and not something I bought that I need to buy again and again. Also I'm more busy at work now, got only Saturdays and Sunday off to play games. So nuff said
Street fighter is special to you yet you find multiple versions appalling? The series has been littered with them since sf2. You can't tell me with a straight face sf is special while finding multiple copies hard to swallow because there's no way around it. Any investment into SF2, SF3, Alpha, EX etc, would involve collecting/choosing the most definitive version. Stating SF is special but hating multiple versions is such oxymoron because it would've not gotten to that point if it was the case.

Capcom is to blame for such practices yet you buy arcsys games? Capcom deserves blame for a lot of things but it doesn't mean other companies should get away with doing the same thing. Hating capcom is fine: they deserve a lot of it. However, buying other companies games for doing the same thing is hypocritical. It's essentially saying Capcom was right.

Quote:

Yes it's my opinion also to each her/his own, I like the old graphics which felt more real, this one in T7 reminds me more of SFxT only more polished.

MK9 had good graphics, but MKX is way better now especially with the detail of the insides of the fighters organs.

I'll wait for the next build "for now" to me it still looks like SFIV with better graphics, new play system and effects.

like said I just play games now for fun, getting older more responsibility lesser time for games, I buy them now just to play for fun. I like fighting games I don't support what they DLC on our faces that's no fun at all.

No what I meant is that since way back 90's. When I was a kid I had to sell my SFII to get the next SFII turbo and the next Super SF game and so on, those still cost loads money till now those cartriges I sold. SFIV games now doesn't because of the market which is sad.
Opinions doesn't equal fact. My opinion is that XRD looks the same compared to other GG's. Does that make it true? Nope

I like SF2's looks more than SF4. Does that mean SF2 is graphically superior? Nope

I'm arguing about technicality not preferences. The reality is that all 3 games look very similar to their predecessors despite being released on next-gen consoles. You preferring TK7 graphics is just that: a preference. It doesn't change fact tk6 and tk7 look similar. Same MkX. There's a reason people were disappointed with the original trailer compared to the in game one.

The market issue isn't only an SF problem. It's a case with every multiplayer game, especially in this DLC era. It sucks, but this was created by publishers/developers. Even nintendo has jumped ship as well.