AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-04-17, 10:13   Link #3021
kitsunisan
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Can someone help me out on an issue number question? I'm assuming since it's been two years since I've read the manga that everyone here should be well beyond any spoilers i might know, but I'm trying to remember where I left off. The last chapter I read was right after the rescue in the caves, and the giant Titan bursting out of the ground. Anyone know around what chapter that was?
kitsunisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-24, 01:29   Link #3022
jaysmooth113
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Confused

Okay from what I learned titans are humans turned into this giants because their injected with this stuff right now once they turn into a mindless titan their main goal is to find a shifter so they can become normal again which is why they only eat humans shifter is a human that can turn into a titan now if I'm correct eren got ate by a mindless titan he should have his powers anymore right ? Once a mindless titan eats a shifter they take the previous titans power and becomes the new shifter so why is eren still able to have his powers did the creators mess up ?
jaysmooth113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-24, 10:11   Link #3023
ScarletRoofs
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Middle East
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmooth113 View Post
Okay from what I learned titans are humans turned into this giants because their injected with this stuff right now once they turn into a mindless titan their main goal is to find a shifter so they can become normal again which is why they only eat humans shifter is a human that can turn into a titan now if I'm correct eren got ate by a mindless titan he should have his powers anymore right ? Once a mindless titan eats a shifter they take the previous titans power and becomes the new shifter so why is eren still able to have his powers did the creators mess up ?
Are you talking about when Eren first transformed? If so, then its because he was swallowed and his spine was left intact. They show us that the power of the titans -
including the shifting ability - is stored in the spine, which means his ability was not stolen and therefore he was still able to regenerate and shift.
ScarletRoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 12:00   Link #3024
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: My House
Spoiler for Spoiler image:

Yep, Armin has inherited the colossal titan and it looks bigger then Berts
__________________
Rage is like a blade.
Constant use will make it dull and weaken; it's user lacking purpose and aim. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with a mighty fire; a fierce blade, to cleave the one who beckoned their vengeance
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 16:07   Link #3025
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 31
The chapter is translated already. Marley is losing power fast, as other countries have been focusing on developing weapons that can take down titans and have managed to take down the armored titan last chapter (though Reiner survived again. Dude's freaking immortal). Their last hope is to get their hands on the founding titan, but their attempts to do so those past three years have all ended in failure.

The jaw titan was the actual power of Ymir's titan. She never managed to bring it out, for some reason. It explains why her titan was so weak. The chapter kind of implies bloodline matters in order to draw out the full power of the nine titans. Anyway, that means there's still a titan we haven't seen then.

More info about how Zeke can turn people into titan and order them around, with a confirmation it's because of his royal bloodline as no other beast titan before him had this power. The kid said it was because Zeke is special and not because of his blood, but it seemed like admiration talking.

We found out the reason Levi and Mikasa are so strong too.

Overall a nice informative chapter.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 17:54   Link #3026
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv165
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 31
Considering the recent story progression, I just hope Hisayama doesn't suddenly paint Eren and co as the villains/antagonists. As far as it goes, everything is still Marley and Fritz fault so having the protagonists of the "first half" of the series as the final boss won't really bode too well in my books.
__________________
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 22:53   Link #3027
Peanutbutter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
RIP Ymir. And just after finishing the latest anime episode.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-30, 02:32   Link #3028
durack
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Considering the recent story progression, I just hope Hisayama doesn't suddenly paint Eren and co as the villains/antagonists.
I wont mind would be a neat twist imho
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-30, 08:18   Link #3029
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
RIP Ymir. And just after finishing the latest anime episode.
Dammit. Why did she chose to go with Reiner and co?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-30, 11:41   Link #3030
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 31
I don't think Ymir is dead, since there are still so many mysteries surrounding her. We know Marley can extract spinal fluids, maybe that's enough to transfer the titan power.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-30, 16:17   Link #3031
Peanutbutter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't think Ymir is dead, since there are still so many mysteries surrounding her. We know Marley can extract spinal fluids, maybe that's enough to transfer the titan power.
Ymir was seen tied up similar to how Reiss tied up Eren, and also how Frieda inherited the Titan powers. Ill say the hopes are slim.

But with Isayama, you never know. For instance, I dun think anyone can see this "alternate point of view" storytelling coming.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 04:46   Link #3032
The Small One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Germany
I think it was very interessting, that it looks like nobody seems to know that Zeke is of royal descendence, not even himself. Though nice to see, that his special power has to do with his bloodline.

What I don't understand: When Zeke was judging the situation, he assumed that Paradis Island has the power of four Titans, with Eren holding two of the powers. Out of those four, three are powers that originally belonged to Marley (Attack, Female and Colossal Titan). I don't exactly remember, but wasn't it said a few chapters ago, that King Fritz escaped to the Island with more than one Titan? So shouldn't there be another power inside of the walls? In this case Zeke shouldn't forget to consider this power.

I wonder if someone got the female Titan's power. Shoudn't be to complicated to inject someone with the serum and let him eat Annie. I doubt beeing inside of a Crystal protects against a Titan's digestive fluids.

I think it's time for the story to return to the people on the island.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 09:29   Link #3033
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Considering the recent story progression, I just hope Hisayama doesn't suddenly paint Eren and co as the villains/antagonists. As far as it goes, everything is still Marley and Fritz fault so having the protagonists of the "first half" of the series as the final boss won't really bode too well in my books.
I don't get why we need this jump at all. It's incredibly jarring because it doesn't just change sides and expand into a giant war, but it skips a bunch of time as well. Suddenly I'm spending time looking for clues to figure out what the heck I just missed and who these characters are, especially because the art still suffers from every character looking way too similar.

I guess I just really haven't found this story appealing since the political coup arc. The Titans may as well be Gundams at this point.
__________________
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 12:15   Link #3034
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
What I don't understand: When Zeke was judging the situation, he assumed that Paradis Island has the power of four Titans, with Eren holding two of the powers. Out of those four, three are powers that originally belonged to Marley (Attack, Female and Colossal Titan). I don't exactly remember, but wasn't it said a few chapters ago, that King Fritz escaped to the Island with more than one Titan? So shouldn't there be another power inside of the walls? In this case Zeke shouldn't forget to consider this power.
The other titan Fritz escape with was the Attack titan, which was later sent to spy on Marley. Zeke is correct.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 12:36   Link #3035
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Considering the recent story progression, I just hope Hisayama doesn't suddenly paint Eren and co as the villains/antagonists. As far as it goes, everything is still Marley and Fritz fault so having the protagonists of the "first half" of the series as the final boss won't really bode too well in my books.
I don't think the latest events really portrayed Zeke and his men as fighting for a righteous cause. I still haven't seen a good explanation as to why Marley necessarily has to be the dominant power in the world to a point that would justify atrocities and mass genocide against people that didn't even have any intention to fight them and that were only guilty of possessing a power that they want.

All that these latest events did was providing a good explanation about Zeke and BRA situation, but they feel more like victims of a distorted mentality and a horrible government at best to me. So while they are a bit more sympathetic now (still hardly justified in their total lack of consideration for unarmed civilian lives in my eyes), I still can't see them as being the heroes and the scout legion as antagonists.

I think this is probably a small arc to let us see the situation from the enemy's perspective, but the focus should shift back to Eren soon.
__________________

Jan-Poo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 15:12   Link #3036
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Interesting thought besides being guilty at what his people did the First King saw the writing on the wall. (No pun intended) Human advancements will outpace the Eldian Titans. How? He received info from the future like Owl did.

First King went Frak this I'm out! Hence his policy of keeping the populace ignorant and stall tech development so his people won't go viking again and not make themselves targets.

Marley? They are idiot children who enslaved Eldians left behind and piked a fight with everybody thinking they'll stay on top as long as they control Titans and the oil on Paradis island.

No plan survives contact with the enemy.

Probably fell to the same hubris Eldians had when they were on top.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 15:19   Link #3037
The Small One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The other titan Fritz escape with was the Attack titan, which was later sent to spy on Marley. Zeke is correct.
IIRC the Attack Titan was one of the powers that were with Marley originally.
Nothing from Owl's explanations gave any hint at him beeing originally from Paradis Island.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-02, 08:43   Link #3038
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
IIRC the Attack Titan was one of the powers that were with Marley originally.
Nothing from Owl's explanations gave any hint at him beeing originally from Paradis Island.
I don't remember if anything was said specifically about the Attack Titan, but I do know that from the beginning it was stated that Marley only got 7 out of 9 titans.

One of those 2 titans they never got is without a doubt the founding titan, the other one... I guess it is probably the attack titan, else they would have said something of them losing one of 7 in their possession for such a long time.
__________________

Jan-Poo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-02, 16:09   Link #3039
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
So we know now WHY Zeke was able to transform Connie's village into Titans. The question now is HOW. Did he just poison their wells with his spinal fluid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
We found out the reason Levi and Mikasa are so strong too.
I feel like we kind of knew this, but were just given a bit more info regarding it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't think Ymir is dead, since there are still so many mysteries surrounding her. We know Marley can extract spinal fluids, maybe that's enough to transfer the titan power.
Implying they give a damn about whether she lives or not? She's 100% dead. Since the author had no qualms killing her off screen, I'm expecting Annie to have been eaten now too. Probably by Mikasa, because why not.

I do agree that this perspective shift is stupid. Like, the story is somewhat interesting and I don't mind knowing it, but it shouldn't be taking the place of the main story. This should be an omake in the volumes or a side story printed alongside the main story. I can only imagine this is being done because the author isn't quite sure where he wants Eren and the rest's story to go.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-02, 23:55   Link #3040
Jmariofan7
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Implying they give a damn about whether she lives or not? She's 100% dead. Since the author had no qualms killing her off screen, I'm expecting Annie to have been eaten now too. Probably by Mikasa, because why not.

I do agree that this perspective shift is stupid. Like, the story is somewhat interesting and I don't mind knowing it, but it shouldn't be taking the place of the main story. This should be an omake in the volumes or a side story printed alongside the main story. I can only imagine this is being done because the author isn't quite sure where he wants Eren and the rest's story to go.
Geez, people on this thread get whatever chance they get to complain for the sake of complaining and always assume the worst.

I'm pretty sure we're going to get a flashback of Ymir's death in the coming chapters and it's not like she had much lifespan left or did you completely forget about the whole 13 years for shifters adding in the fact that she couldn't activate the "jaw's" true ability. Annie is still incased in crystal so her being eaten is out of the question (not to mention whether or not the 13 years is still in effect when she is incased in crystal) and I honestly believe she is going switch sides to Eren and the Paradis Island Eldin characters. Giving what was revealed about the Ankerman clan this chapter Mikasa (and Levi) are already Titan-like.

So only THREE chapters qualifies as hijacking the story for you? A scenario explaining and focusing on something that the story has been building up to for the past 80+ chapters, and features post-introduced characters, Reiner and Zeke, and the successors to inherit the Titan powers such as Colt receiving the Beast Titan from Zeke who only has one year left. See, this is what is most irritating about a fanbase, when they judge a complex deep story with many subplots before it's even finished and have no idea where it's going, the same annoying thing happens to other big jigsaw puzzle stories like Kingdom Hearts, One Piece and Bleach (whose fandumb caused it's decline and downfall). You seem like an impatient person who can't take the monthly perspective of a manga still being released in pieces and prefers binge watching, if you can't take it trying waiting a few months.

Honestly the only time you should complain about an unfinished series is when it's a non-complex, ridiculous simply story that's just another part of a ridiculous clichéd fad that is clearly going nowhere and has the same boring repetitive formula going on for the past few seasons (which are way too long), takes itself WAY too seriously, was far longer than it needed to be, has characters that have become increasingly unsympathetic and unlikable that you stopped rooting for for quite a while ago to the point where you're rooting for the apparent bad guys and just wish they would kick the bucket already, like a certain AMC series that I refuse to name. Or a certain 4-movie planned remade Gainax series whose first two movies were great but third movie went back to the same pointless psychological BS that the original series devolved into because of a unstable director.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.