AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-04, 21:30   Link #1
daliinn

Witch Hunter Robin

This show is coming to Adult Swim feb. 16th, is it worth staying up to watch??

Please give some feedback, thanks.
Old 2004-02-04, 22:41   Link #2
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
I watched the series fansubed a while back and I can say it's an alright anime. The characters are interesting, the animation is fantastic and the storyline is dark and pretty original. The series is a bit on the slow side but I think it was a good watch nevertheless. Not my favorite by far but it's slick, stylish and it's got good music. I hope they don't butcher the crap out of it with editing and bad voice acting. Check out the first episode and decide for yourself.
Old 2004-02-05, 20:45   Link #3
Shaman
kitty kitty..meow

Haven't seen it yet, but I've heard good things. So, I'll be tuning in to see if its any good!
Old 2004-02-07, 20:31   Link #4
sperry

Send a message via AIM to sperry
It's a great series, but like Slade, said, kind of slow. Awesome story, once it gets started. However, the first ten episodes are just "monster-of-the-week"s After you get through that into the main story though, it gets much better. Great characters, animation, music, which has been said already.
Old 2004-02-07, 20:38   Link #5
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

imo... Witch Hunter Robin is an alright series... but... there's barely any good action.. and it's very slow (pretty much the same pace as .hack sign, which mean lots of talking) and straight up I don't think the ending or the episodes leading up to it were great... imo...it was just one those of alright shows peeps usually watch while waiting for better fansubs to finish download...
Old 2004-02-07, 21:45   Link #6
Mephisto03
セスラハニカ

Don't listen to any of these nay sayers. WHR is a very good series, Excellent characters and interaction between them, Awesome music, one of the best soundtracks out there. And the action when going on is top notch. The only draw back is the first half is sorta slow but not bad by any means, just slow. And you don't really know where there going with it until the middle but thats the good thing about. If anyone disses how they bring the story line about in this anime would be saying that gits:sac sucked also then cause that tells its story the exact same way as this one. Some episodes are "mission" and others revolve around the underlying plot of the series. And in the end everything comes together.
Old 2004-02-09, 21:01   Link #7
oXKeNsHiNXo

Indeed. i agree although ive only gotten to ep 10 or so. If what you say is true and im sucked in before the good part begins.... wow.... i cant wait til i get off work so i can go watch it hehehe. So far the character developement is very good and the plot building up to where im at right now is excellent. THrough a breif section it introduces the characters and the situation well while throwing in a little action here and there which adds to the plot extremely well. the first few episodes are pretty slow but i found them somewhat interesting. My sister told me that it picks up after the first few so i recommend giving it a chance, watch more than the first few episodes to see if it appeals to your taste.
Old 2004-02-09, 22:03   Link #8
Elfir

Quote:
Originally Posted by daliinn
This show is coming to Adult Swim feb. 16th, is it worth staying up to watch??

Please give some feedback, thanks.
Certainly preferably than dealing with the long wait between dvds. Or the even longer wait between dvds appearing at Blockbuster.

ANd I seriously doubt I'll be able to find WHR on tv in Ontario anytime soon >_<
Old 2004-02-10, 15:53   Link #9
daliinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
imo... Witch Hunter Robin is an alright series... but... there's barely any good action.. and it's very slow (pretty much the same pace as .hack sign, which mean lots of talking) and straight up I don't think the ending or the episodes leading up to it were great... imo...it was just one those of alright shows peeps usually watch while waiting for better fansubs to finish download...

This is good to hear because i loved .hack//sign. Thanks everyone for your comments and you can bet i will be awake on Feb 16th.
Old 2004-02-10, 20:04   Link #10
Griffith

I've only seen the first five episodes.. but for what it's worth, I liked it.
Closed Thread