AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-01-28, 05:06   Link #5741
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
the EA has always been shown as selfish and evil, none of the higher ups in SEED objected to exterminating the coordinators, they simply said they should focus on the energy crisis on earth instead of launching a full-scale attack against Zaft after obtaining the N-jammer canceller data
Maybe so, but it still means they're not trying to prioritize killing Coordinators like Blue Cosmos. So it's not surprising if this new Alliance in Destiny did not have any immediate effect on the Coordinators still living in Orb.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 05:09   Link #5742
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

See, that's whats so hard to talk about, since there is no info at all regarding the situation in ORB, it's hard to say if it's good or bad, since we know nothing about it
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 05:18   Link #5743
monster

Quote:
See, that's whats so hard to talk about, since there is no info at all regarding the situation in ORB, it's hard to say it's good or bad, since we know nothing about it
Well, we do know several things:

1. Cagalli wouldn't agree to persecution on any of Orb's citizens.
2. The focus of the alliance is on the war.
3. Kira and Lacus still led a peaceful life even after Orb joined the EA.

I think that's enough to conclude that Coordinators in Orb are not being persecuted.
Old 2013-01-28, 05:59   Link #5744
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Well, we do know several things:

1. Cagalli wouldn't agree to persecution on any of Orb's citizens.
2. The focus of the alliance is on the war.
3. Kira and Lacus still led a peaceful life even after Orb joined the EA.

I think that's enough to conclude that Coordinators in Orb are not being persecuted.
1. don't think it was up to her to decide, not to mention the treaty wasnt officially signed until after she was Kira-napped
2. Against the coordinators
3. They didn't, they left ORB on the AA before the treaty was official.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 06:21   Link #5745
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 36

It's just one guy for crying out load. A whole military base can't capture one guy?!?!

Well the plot keeps thickening. I don't mind the direction it's going that much but I wish it would do it better.

Personally I don't know what Athrun was thinking when he decided to argue with the Chairman. The holes in the Chairman's reasoning are obvious. If Archangel is on their side then he expects them to come to him and if they don't then he can destroy them. I think the obvious solution is for ZAFT to try and contact Archangel for negotiations. Athrun could have easily pointed that out and yet he didn't. Maybe he realised the Chairman's real side then but we don't know and that's the issue. Like I said, I don't know what Athrun was thinking so i don't know what the story is trying to achieve. Was the story saying the Chairman's rationale looked reasonable on paper but Athrun knew otherwise or is the story saying the Chairman's rational had obvious holes but Athrun didn't feel the need to push?

Episode 37

And thus Athrun survives. Cue surprise from absolutely no one.

Well at least Meyrin survived too. I'd have been incredibly pissed if they let Meyrin die.

I hope Shinn becomes a full blown antagonist now. He'd make a great antagonist.

Spoiler for @ monster:

Last edited by Haak; 2013-01-28 at 07:37.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 08:11   Link #5746
monster

Quote:
1. don't think it was up to her to decide, not to mention the treaty wasnt officially signed until after she was Kira-napped
2. Against the coordinators
3. They didn't, they left ORB on the AA before the treaty was official.
1. Well, she never even brought it up, which means it was not expected as a requirement of joining the EA.
2. Coordinators who are living in PLANTs/working for ZAFT.
3. Oh, right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yes but still. The way they acted with it seemed very much like something they knew was going against their principles, and that principle in question was their ideals.
Of course, because it was.
Quote:
Talking about how they could have is just even more annoying to me, because that's what I would have want to have happened.
Oh, okay.
Quote:
My whole point was that it was out of character...
Not really. The events in SEED had forced them to reevaluate what's really important for Orb.
Quote:
And neutrality is justification for that. Because they are neutral, they can justify their non-aggression and justify their right as a sovereign nation.
Neutrality is not a required justification for the other two.

For example, Orb could still choose not to invade other countries and not allow other countries to invade it while taking a side. They can do this by supporting the war effort of one side by providing resources and materials but not taking part in any actual battle unless the other side choose to attack Orb.

The reverse is also true:

Orb could be an imperialistic nation but remains neutral to the conflicts of other nations whose territories it has no interests in acquiring.

Thus, while neutrality is one of the three principles, it is not the core. All three share equal importance and together make up Orb's ideals.
Quote:
Even if everyone had fought to he last man
They didn't even have to do that.

If they had surrendered like Japan did in WW2, only after the USA showed it had the means and the resolve to use devastating weapons to which Japan had nothing to counter with, then fine.

But that's not the case here. Freedom and Justice were capable of dealing with the three AF Gundams.
Quote:
That aside, what sort of fundamental change would you be expecting if those ideals were fundamental and the Earth Alliance had still managed to invade?
The kind that changes the relationship between the government and its people.
Old 2013-01-28, 09:46   Link #5747
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Of course, because it was.
Like I said, if they weren't doing anything wrong then they wouldn't act like they have something to hide but they did. If it is clearly going against their ideals and they're acting like that then it very much seems to me on the level of the US government infringing it's own Constitution.

Quote:
Not really. The events in SEED had forced them to reevaluate what's really important for Orb.
There wasn't any hint of this at all until the the treaty actually happened. And it still doesn't make sense. Like I said, lame would have been focused to the external, not the internal. And it seems this is exactly how the Orb military have reacted, so it seems clear to me that the culture is still very much there.

But even then that's only one issue. Even if we assume Orb people decided to abandon those ideals, that doesn't mean they're suddenly going to accept the idea of allying themselves with the Earth Alliance, the very side that invaded them just two years ago. There would still be incredible amounts of hatred for them.

Quote:
Neutrality is not a required justification for the other two.

For example, Orb could still choose not to invade other countries and not allow other countries to invade it while taking a side. They can do this by supporting the war effort of one side by providing resources and materials but not taking part in any actual battle unless the other side choose to attack Orb.

The reverse is also true:

Orb could be an imperialistic nation but remains neutral to the conflicts of other nations whose territories it has no interests in acquiring.

Thus, while neutrality is one of the three principles, it is not the core. All three share equal importance and together make up Orb's ideals.
The whole point is that ALL those three ideals are required for complete neutrality. If you can be imperialistic and still maintain the last ideal then is shows the last ideal is not about complete neutrality on it's own.

When Uzumi made his speech during his people's evacuation, he also talked about how if Orb started taking sides then they would become a country that attacks others just like the rest, so the ideals are clearly interlinked. The ideals can not be considered individually. They are considered as a whole.

Quote:
They didn't even have to do that. If they had surrendered like Japan did in WW2, only after the USA showed it had the means and the resolve to use devastating weapons to which Japan had nothing to counter with, then fine.

But that's not the case here. Freedom and Justice were capable of dealing with the three AF Gundams.
I think the story made it clear that whilst Freedom and Justice could fight the three AF Gundams to a stand still, they weren't able to defeat them and that the rest of the Earth Alliance forces was basically crushing the Orb forces. They had already managed to invade parts of Orb and Uzumi decided it was hopeless. The story made it pretty clear it was hopeless especially when it had loads of character on both sides saying Orb was very close to falling every minute or so.

Quote:
The kind that changes the relationship between the government and its people.
That's kind of vague. What kind of change would you expect?
Old 2013-01-28, 09:54   Link #5748
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Episode 36

It's just one guy for crying out load. A whole military base can't capture one guy?!?!

Well the plot keeps thickening. I don't mind the direction it's going that much but I wish it would do it better.

Personally I don't know what Athrun was thinking when he decided to argue with the Chairman. The holes in the Chairman's reasoning are obvious. If Archangel is on their side then he expects them to come to him and if they don't then he can destroy them. I think the obvious solution is for ZAFT to try and contact Archangel for negotiations. Athrun could have easily pointed that out and yet he didn't. Maybe he realised the Chairman's real side then but we don't know and that's the issue. Like I said, I don't know what Athrun was thinking so i don't know what the story is trying to achieve. Was the story saying the Chairman's rationale looked reasonable on paper but Athrun knew otherwise or is the story saying the Chairman's rational had obvious holes but Athrun didn't feel the need to push?

Episode 37

And thus Athrun survives. Cue surprise from absolutely no one.

Well at least Meyrin survived too. I'd have been incredibly pissed if they let Meyrin die.

I hope Shinn becomes a full blown antagonist now. He'd make a great antagonist.

Spoiler for @ monster:
The former.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 11:36   Link #5749
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So it seems.

Episode 39

Lol, that was pretty hilarious when the opera signing turned on as they revealed the new Gundam. Talk about melodramatic.

I hope Kira doesn't start dominating the show now because frankly this has mostly been Athrun's show up until now and I'd rather they kept it that way.

And I sincerely hope that Lacus Clyne hasn't just been making a new Gundam for Kira all this time. As if that would totally solve everything. Then again maybe it's better if that's all she does.
Old 2013-01-28, 11:56   Link #5750
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
So it seems.

Episode 39

Lol, that was pretty hilarious when the opera signing turned on as they revealed the new Gundam. Talk about melodramatic.

I hope Kira doesn't start dominating the show now because frankly this has mostly been Athrun's show up until now and I'd rather they kept it that way.

And I sincerely hope that Lacus Clyne hasn't just been making a new Gundam for Kira all this time. As if that would totally solve everything. Then again maybe it's better if that's all she does.
Well there's another. It's too bad the tv series weren't the first that had Athrun's narrations. He still gets most of the show's screentime. I Although I wanted to see more interactions between Kira and Shinn considering how their mobile suits' names reflect the series' theme, Athrun will have his time mentoring Shinn in a really harsh way. I would recommend you to ignore the last episode and directly watch the OVA since it gives a better final fight and ending
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 12:26   Link #5751
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ I was actually gonna ask about what the deal was with the final episode (I heard that there's an OVA that serves as a better final ending). Thanks for letting me know.

Episode 40

Lol, the Golden Mobile Suit. It never gets old.

And Yuna proved to be quite the incompetent arsewipe. Amazing that this buffoon was able manipulate Cagalli. And apparently Cagalli was meant to be the Chief Representative...

Well at least Cagalli has finally found her rhythm. A match up between Cagalli and Shinn sounds interesting. Hopefully it won't be completely dominated by the clear difference in strength between the two. By all accounts it should be a cakewalk for Shinn.
Old 2013-01-28, 13:15   Link #5752
Principalities

^^^^^^^ You're in for a treat. The main MS fight in Ep 43 is very well choreographed imho. Although other viewers might think differently, its not surprising xxx lost because he let his emotions get the better of him.... Not revealing anything else due to spoilers....
Principalities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 14:34   Link #5753
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ Thanks for hyping it up for me dude...

Episode 41

Another God damn recap episode.

Episode 42

Well that ended disappointingly. Cagalli didn't get to have any words with Shinn and had to have her arse saved by Kira.

Meanwhile Kira comes in and it's clear there's gonna be another climactic fight with Kira. I'm a bit mixed on Kira's reintroduction. It's obviously keeping in line with the story but that line is not to my liking. Kira is just way too perfect and is starting to feel a little flat. On the other hand, I really want to see Shinn get his arse handed to him. And all the signs seem to point towards a victory for Kira at this point. I hope Athrun will make his way in though.

Episode 43

Thank God this show has Athrun...

The fight was good but not amazing. I personally think Kira's defeat at the hands of Kira was the best so far in this season.

I still call bull on Neo actually being Mu. We saw him vaporized for God sake.

The battle of the princesses was kinda funny. That television broadcaster must be really schizophrenic. I wonder how the fake Lacus Clyne could have succeeded in her propaganda anyway. Interrupting a broadcast from an Orb representative that was very clearly giving a public message to the Chairman is a pretty obvious thing to do that suggests PLANT is trying to control it's soldiers. Surely those soldiers would be able to realise that?
Old 2013-01-28, 14:48   Link #5754
kakakka

Quote:
I still call bull on Neo actually being Mu. We saw him vaporized for God sake.
That's why... you should have waited for the SEED HD Remaster /jk
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 15:24   Link #5755
I Fail at Life

I consider the fight in ep 43 to be the best, genuine "actual" (emphasis on actual) fight between two aces in the show , for the simple fact that...

1. There was no bull.
2. No Hallucinations. (Ya'll already Know)
3. No Distractions.
4. No Nerf' s.
5. No Pilot being Half-Assed.
6. No type of mental breakdown what so ever. (Ya'll already Know)
7. Actual Choreography.
8. Not having your back turned and running away half of the time.

You have to admit.... In this show. This show right here? This show right here? Is hard to argue against.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 18:57   Link #5756
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Lacus owning Meer after the latter interrupted Cagalli's broadcast was just epic. I still remember it as it was just yesterday; man, Meer really got nailed big time.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 20:35   Link #5757
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
I personally think Kira's defeat at the hands of Kira was the best so far in this season.
For a second I thought you were being symbollic In my case my favorite fight was the Battle of Berlin due to how all the groups were organized. Not to mention the setting they used. The Destroy was strong but it is obvious that once flying support was defeated it was vulnerable to enemies. Also the way the Destroy was stopped was pretty good.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 22:25   Link #5758
Washu-Chan