Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-04, 03:49   Link #2721
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Played Rengar, he is totally getting nerfed next patch What I found strongest was the fact that all his skills (save his ultimate) cooldown immediately once you hit 5 ferocity, so you can doublecast Q or slow down 2 enemies at once. I mostly used his ferocity bonus for the unconditional 15% heal, since I had built atmallet...helped stack trophies fast.
I don't think he will be nerfed much, the only potential nerfs I see are his ult's CD a little bit, or more likely his slow/root because it really feels bit too strong(from playing against him), but might could just a little bit more duration on w's defense boost.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 04:20   Link #2722
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, as if all the trolls/stupid picks I've had to dodge lately weren't bad enough, a bunch of K-ON fans have now trolled me. Mio picking Katarina vs Ahri and Azusa picking Draven after I went soft support...At least Tsumugi had the decency to pick Cho'Gath...That hurts more than the number of screens I hit where people say 'We're IRL friends and taking the same lane. Find something else.'

I'd love to be able to play more games than I dodge...

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-09-04 at 05:01.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 08:30   Link #2723
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
more likely his slow/root because it really feels bit too strong(from playing against him)
It's the only CC he has and it's not a skillshot. That actually surprised me, its cast range is pathetic and you'll never catch up to a flash/dasher with it, whereas your common CC skillshots are more than enough, if you've got the skill to use them (see rocket grab, bandage toss, dark/light binding).
Quote:
That hurts more than the number of screens I hit where people say 'We're IRL friends and taking the same lane. Find something else.'
We should become IRL friends and jungle together, then everyone else can gtfo Well, people play to have fun, so if that's what it takes for them, I usually just let it slide...gives me more of a handicap to test my ELO.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 08:37   Link #2724
StellarCell
시논 짱!

Just make bola a skillshot and increase its range.
Old 2012-09-04, 23:08   Link #2725
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Of all the characters they could have chosen to make their first Pool Party skin...they give it to Ziggs...what a waste...

In better news, Maokai and Caitlyn reduced to 4800IP. Garen down to 450IP but not sure that means much.
Old 2012-09-05, 00:56   Link #2726
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Garen down to 450IP but not sure that means much.
It means a lot, he was the only tutorial champion to cost more than 450 IP...and now, less people will be saying "it's my first time with Garen".

Does anyone know how matchmaking works for each game type? I actually lost my A.I. match of the day because of smurf trolls (AP Caitlyn) and <LV5 noobs (jungle Ashe)...
Old 2012-09-05, 01:22   Link #2727
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

In the case of bot matches, I think it takes whoever is around.

Just now, I had to dodge a match because some clown on our side did what would have to be the most troll bans possible - Twitch, Heimerdinger and Karma...and letting Shen, Malphite, Blitzcrank and Morgana through. Really don't need a stronger indicator than that to leg it...
Old 2012-09-05, 03:24   Link #2728
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
It means a lot, he was the only tutorial champion to cost more than 450 IP...and now, less people will be saying "it's my first time with Garen".

Does anyone know how matchmaking works for each game type? I actually lost my A.I. match of the day because of smurf trolls (AP Caitlyn) and <LV5 noobs (jungle Ashe)...
Co-Op vs AI is pretty much random atm, I am fairly sure, since there isn't an "Elo" for it. Normals for the 3 PVP modes all run off separate hidden ELOs with various conditional factors for solo vs premade(a premade of 5 in normals will almost always face another premade of 5 for example) to attempt to create "evenly" matched teams where matchmaking believes each side has a 50% chance to win, and in solo/duo queue ranked each team will only get 1 duo queue at most(and ELO shifts will be slightly larger or smaller when matchmaking predicts in favor of one team slightly compared to normal due to long queues forcing not perfectly matched teams), and Twisted Treeline use to share it's hidden normal ELO with SR, but gained it's own ELO and win/lost counter in the Jayce patch.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 10:25   Link #2729
Kreceir

a bit off topic but,
Have you read the fan fict Heart of the Beast on the LoL forums?
it is about CAssiopiea x Shyvana, and its definitely worth the read.
Old 2012-09-06, 11:01   Link #2730
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Miss Fortune permanently shooting off Teemo's 'prick' with Double Up will always be the most amusing thing I'll have ever come across in LoL fan material. You know you'd do it too if you were in her position.
Old 2012-09-06, 11:07   Link #2731
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
a bit off topic but,
Have you read the fan fict Heart of the Beast on the LoL forums?
it is about CAssiopiea x Shyvana, and its definitely worth the read.
Yeaaa... anything other than Shyvana x Jarvan is a no read. :P
Old 2012-09-08, 04:51   Link #2732
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Zyra x anyone, just for the lols

So I finally got a surge of luck today! Lost a couple of games but at least it wasn't as horrible as usual...and I learned an important lesson, never go bot lane in solo Q. In any game that I've played jungle or AP mid, everything has worked out well, especially @ mid.

Funniest game so far: Zyra mid, all missing. Hit LV3 till they came out of jungle, so I had the luxury of warding with seeds and keeping a couple on me. Morgana misses root, panth jumps me, I plant 2 seeds, burst and run back...and they both follow up for first blood, a kill and a second blood with passive shot. THEN Morgana buys an elixir of brilliance, practically sealing my dominance on the lane^^ Fed Zyra really is no joke, she can hold 1v2 with less than 40% damage :O

It was a quite unusual game in that Pantheon stayed in jungle for the entire duration of the game, only attempting to gank once early on and another two times after, like, 20 minutes. Is that...normal?
Old 2012-09-08, 05:32   Link #2733
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I understand you there, I don't like anything with Katarina that isn't Garen.

Lux is adorable with Ezreal though.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 11:14   Link #2734
Kreceir

Jungle Pantheon... does that work?
I rarely see Pantheons let alone in the Jungle.

About Zyra, Yes she is a really a amazing mid AP champion.
I can see why Riot would nerf her since pre nerf she was to simply overpowered.
But even after her nerf, a really good Zyra ulti can turn team fights into Ur favour.

Speaking about Pantheon and Fan ficts
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...e_a_sun_to_me/
Its about Pantheon and Leona
Old 2012-09-08, 12:15   Link #2735
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Jungle Pantheon is a gimmicky pick but it can work sometimes. His main strength is that he can jump wherever he pleases but other than that you're better off with a jungler that has more CC or damage.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 13:07   Link #2736
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, the last week has killed any interested I had in regularly using Janna, Taric, Soraka, Lulu and Leona. Janna's negation I like but that gradually becomes less effective and she just doesn't seem to be a contributor damage-wise in close team battles, which I can't abide by. Soraka may have big heals but they're not that hard to out-brute and that CD on Q is far too long. Taric and Leona - sure they're good IF your team backs you up after you act on what they start...IF. I can do the combos but if they just abandon you or go after the wrong target, it's utterly hellish. I'd love to be able to do Lux support...but I somehow don't see it being viable enough. Lulu...love the negation and CC, but...it doesn't have that much of a teamwide effect, it seems too one-ally focused, which is a bit lacking in team battles. Blitzcrank and Alistair are automatic bans, so no point in even mentioning them.

So my quest to find something else to support with other than Sona continues...sigh. Is there another support not so different from Sona that's capable of the CC, damage to make just enough difference in a close team battle and maybe a bit of healing? Preferably one that doesn't require you to put your balls in the hands of your team members? Or maybe Riot could finally fix Karma...

On the bright side, even if those other champs don't do it for me, at least I can still rely on Sona to give me fun times. (Yes, this was from a draft match, not blind pick.)

Spoiler for Support carry ftw!:

Opposition team couldn't help but laugh when they surrendered. My team was in shock - admittedly I was too, because that scoreboard was utterly absurd in terms of gold and the fact neither AD carry ever had a kill or death. *shrug* But it's stuff like that which Sona can do that I just can't find a second support to be in that vein. Something that fulfills the support role, has a crucial CC but allows a bit of aggression that is an essential edge in teamfights.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-09-08 at 13:31.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 13:38   Link #2737
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Soraka may have big heals but they're not that hard to out-brute and that CD on Q is far too long.
Having played a Soraka vs Urgot lane today (yes I had Shaco and she had Garen but they both just sucked so much, it was basically a 1v1), her harass potential comes out of E. Do it whole barely exiting the brush and sneak back in, it's not as effectuve as your casual harass but it gets the job done.
Quote:
is Zilean worth it?
The first thing you notice about him is his passive, it really helps your jungler hit LV6 faster, which in turn means faster or better coordinated ganks.

Zilean is obviously a very offensive support and unlike your staple role-players, he will require creep kills. Not so much to farm gold, but to unleash the burst damage in his QWQ combo. This is best used on your own minions when they are about to get last-hit by melee champions, but if they're both ranged then aim for a weak caster creep and 2x bomb it for a very considerable amount of damage.

His speed skill is very strong, but very short, so getting it to LV3 or so before working on W is a good choice. It completely shuts down champions like Rammus, so he's a good counter for that kind. Use his ultimate as you see fit, it's best used on someone besides yourself. Despite what people say about him falling off late-game, it's exactly the opposite; with max CDR and a powerful mana supply such as grail, he can 1v2 even the hardest CC tanks, either by separating them from their team or by picking them off with chain slow and bombs.
Summoner spells: CV/flash/cleanse, I usually take CV and cleanse.
Now, his drawbacks:
Old 2012-09-08, 13:51   Link #2738
Kreceir

I saw some people use Zilean as support, Once he hit lvl 6 he is a free GA if timed right.
I rather play Zilean mid then support if i say so myself.

Last Sinner, did you ever try Nunu Support?
Having the extra Attack speed and Movement speed will help your ADC early / mid / late.
And having his Ulti / Iceball / Exhaust will pretty much Secure kills early game so that you can feed your ADC quite nicely.
And having Nunu's Ability to consume a minion will give you extra sustain when ever you ADC is back to buy some stuff.
Old 2012-09-08, 14:17   Link #2739
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Soraka may have big heals but they're not that hard to out-brute and that CD on Q is far too long.
But the main strength of Soraka isn't from her heal, though. It's mostly the armor increasing, the silence, and mr reducing is a gimmick for a certain strat.
Old 2012-09-08, 14:28   Link #2740
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It takes a good Soraka to properly use W though. If you use it too soon, your opponent will give up once they see the armor up and you will lose in terms of mana, because that heal costs a freakin' lot! Not to mention, it has a heavy cooldown initially, so you'll most likely be caught off-guard in another poking attempt. Soraka can support a lane but it's a matter of time until you run oom.

Tags
league of legends, lol