AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-04-12, 08:43   Link #11041
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
HOLY SHIT!!! I did NOT expect that!!! That was awesome!!!

I actually leaped up and yelled "That's WHERE they came from!!!"
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 09:00   Link #11042
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidorimen View Post
That might have been possible had it not been for the first dragon that came out causing mass destruction
But if you think about it, Dragons have enhanced sense of smell, they can tell if there are humans around that area, in that sense, they should have attacked the Mages from the Guild. Also, why didn't they kill Lucy and the others when they could've done it easily.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 09:39   Link #11043
Inept Forum User

So it was indeed the gate, as was suspected. Hopefully that's the only place they'll be coming from (a two-pronged attack would be utterly disastrous)...

Good thinking with Crux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
What if...the current dragons that raised the Dragonslayers have been getting ready to fight the dragons that just stepped through the gate? They must have known that dragons were sent into the future as they were likely already alive 400 years ago.
Indeed, that seems very likely.

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2013-04-12 at 09:42. Reason: Not sure what's the best way to put things.
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 09:57   Link #11044
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Interesting chapter... Now I can't wait for the next one again. But knowing the trend (of great chapter followed by a bad chapter, then a great chapter then a bad chapter again), maybe I shouldn't expect too much. But I don't see any way Mashima could possibly blow this one's climax.

While reading this chapter I was beginning to think that future Lucy's return to the past was for naught. But then if it wasn't for her Natsu and gang would still be imprisoned and present Lucy wouldn't be so close to the gate that she has a chance to close it. It's good to know that at least she didn't die in vain

EDIT: @Inept Forum User below me: Yup, I found out about it a split second before you posted Thanks

Last edited by Pinwheel10; 2013-04-12 at 10:09.
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 10:07   Link #11045
Inept Forum User

Indeed.

Just wondering, if Celestial Spirit Magic can be used now to close the gate, does this mean that the drain effect is off? Or would this type of magic work regardless?

Edit: Understood. Sorry about that.

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2013-04-12 at 10:47. Reason: Change occuring during posting.
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 11:05   Link #11046
Raihen
Ancient Red Dragon

I see people thinking that dragons which raised dragonslayers will come and help fighting with those dragons, but .... Are they even alive ? I think all dragon slayers came to the future using eclipse gate on the day dragons "dissapeared" and because of that gate Lucy's mother died (either tried to close it or opened it). It can't coincidence that they dissapered on day when eclipse is "corrupted" like stated (if the translation is correct).
Raihen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 11:16   Link #11047
DanielMors
Second Stake of Sloth

Well, we saw what looked like Igneel's reaction to Natsu & Gajeel fighting Sting & Rouge, so I'm pretty sure he's alive. That means that Grandeeney should be alive too, if she didn't die during the last 7 years. That leaves only Metalicana, and I don't think it would make sense if he's dead while the other two are stilll alive.
DanielMors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 11:22   Link #11048
DName

Unstopable nose bleed. one heck of crazy shots of Lucy. I couldn't even focus for the plot let's try this again...
DName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 12:04   Link #11049
mtgowns

damn, shit just got real as hell

Not going to put all my marbles in it, but I think Yukino will sacrifice herself to help close the gate.

EDIT: ruh oh, recall all the way back to the Laxus Arc. Gajeel and Natsu couldn't pass through Freed's runes because they were "older than 80" (they were supposed to contain Makarov only). Could it be that they were the ones who traveled back in time? ooo, good potential here.

Depending on how this arc closes, there's a possibility that I will declare Mashima a goddamned genius

Last edited by mtgowns; 2013-04-12 at 12:20.
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 12:04   Link #11050
DarkRaven
GOD

I wonder if we'll see acnologia again.. after all he is the dragon king!
i have the feeling that eclipse was opened in the past but lucy's mom closed it
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 12:35   Link #11051
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Well that was predictable, but who cares story move more in this one chapter then the last 50.
Old 2013-04-12, 12:37   Link #11052
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Well that was predictable, but who cares story move more in this one chapter then the last 50.
Well, to be fair, the last 50 chapters have just been FT showing off like they always do.
Old 2013-04-12, 14:41   Link #11053
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Well, to be fair, the last 50 chapters have just been FT showing off like they always do.
Personally that's not a problem for me, they can showoff as much as they want, I just want compelling subplot, random guilds isn't too compelling. Now we got dragons, princess-armageddon, potentially dragon hunting, survival games, chasing, running, countries falling, public order falling apart, hell yeah! Don't mess this perfect setup up Mashima!
Old 2013-04-12, 16:04   Link #11054
MAX_COLA_POWER!

One whole chapter showing the Princess' guilt for falling for Shadow Rogue's lies? I could've saved ink by just writing, you done fucked up flatty. Next time you wanna listen to a pretty boy's words from the future, don't.
Old 2013-04-12, 16:38   Link #11055
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Thing now, is how they combat the dragons, for one, DS are now the most powerful weapon they have against the dragons consider they are dragon slayers(no matter how much weaker they are to certain other mages)

Should we see others like Erza, Jura, Gildartz beating down dragons cause they are stronger than Natsu?
Honestly, no I think we shouldn't.
Ok I'd maybe give if it was a large group of very powerful mages beating down 1 dragon but alone or in small groups, I don't think I'd accept seeing such characters beating a dragon by themselves.
It would kinda rule out DS as being DS really.

I think we'd have to see Natsu and fellow DS raise the bar by them taking out dragons with some ease in order for others to have that fighting chance imo.

Well I tell ya one thing, I rather enjoy Mashima's cheese filled moments in this tale, they make chuckle in a very good way
Old 2013-04-12, 18:10   Link #11056
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Is Ultear blushing over Natsu's *Grab*? ^_^
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 18:12   Link #11057
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage View Post
Is Ultear blushing over Natsu's *Grab*? ^_^
it is a shoulder grab not a boob grab.
Old 2013-04-12, 18:16   Link #11058
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
One whole chapter showing the Princess' guilt for falling for Shadow Rogue's lies? I could've saved ink by just writing, you done fucked up flatty. Next time you wanna listen to a pretty boy's words from the future, don't.
To be fair, if someone came to you with knowledge of the future, by showing that you know how things turn out, and warned you that something bad would happen if you did or didn't do something, you might listen to. Not saying you definitely would, but it would be a 50/50 chance for me, so I don't blame the princess much.

Anyway, surprise that Lucy had Cruz looking into things; always nice to see her using her spirits, especially the ones you think are forgotten. Natsu is getting up, and dragons are coming through.

Will Igneel, Grandeeny, and Metalicana show up? Maybe the light and shadow dragons? Will 10,000 dragons come through, or will they stop it and keep the dragons to a minimum? Maybe the dragons weren't wiped out 400 years ago, but instead came to the future, which is how Igneel knew he'd meet Grandeeny and the others here at this festival. But given how they had issues with Acnologia, it's not looking good for the people of this world, to deal with so many dragons. Gonna need a serious power boost, or serious teamwork.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 18:52   Link #11059
kitten320

So dragons came from the gate... that was a surprise.

See Mashima, you can do it after all! Just forget about fights and leave those to someone else to do! Then FT will be good again.
Old 2013-04-12, 19:10   Link #11060
sergel02

Finally caught up after months of being a bit too busy to have fun.

Anyway, seems to have been slightly slow, but I'm glad I came back when it's reaching the climax.

The tournament was something i never cared about much, but those final fights are going to be awesome when they're animated. Some of the power levels don't make a ton of sense, so I think Mashima should avoid writing rankings. Gray vs. Rufus was great, but it was weird that Jura went down so quickly. Erza vs. Minerva was also fine, but i thought it was weird how powerful Kagura was against some of her armors and how she went down. Orga being defeated didn't shock me though. He seems like the kind with a lot of power and little defense.

Who do you think those 4 Wizard Saints are?

In any case, I was always more interested in the Eclipse project. It seems like Hisui was tricked, but for what reason? What is this evil/possessed Rogue's intent? The dragons coming out of the gate seemed like a given to me though
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen