AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Potential Pairing - Multiple Choice Option
Alto x VF 171 32 12.31%
Ozma x Bobby 13 5.00%
Ranka x Sheryl 42 16.15%
Sheryl x Alto 199 76.54%
Yasaburo x Alto 5 1.92%
Ranka x Ai-kun 38 14.62%
Alto x Klan 14 5.38%
Ranka x Alto 54 20.77%
Ranka x Brera 37 14.23%
Klan x Michael 101 38.85%
Ozma x Cathy 111 42.69%
Luca x Nanase 41 15.77%
Wilder x Monica 41 15.77%
Alto x VF25 37 14.23%
Yasaburo x Alto's father 10 3.85%
Alto x Brera 18 6.92%
Grace x Ranka 12 4.62%
Nanase x Ranka 21 8.08%
Sheryl x Klan 24 9.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-13, 00:24   Link #3861
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I will not step into that subforum.

EVER!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-01-13, 00:28   Link #3862
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
I will not step into that subforum.

EVER!
Awwww come on KiNA! Don't you remember all the good times we had?

Macross Frontier had nothing on Shuffle in terms of rabbid shippers.

By the way... What anime is your avatar from?
Old 2009-01-13, 00:30   Link #3863
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Nothing? You say? ...

Good thing I chose to stay here!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-01-13, 00:37   Link #3864
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

By the way... What anime is your avatar from?
That I can vouch for

av is Haruka Minami for Minami-ke Okaeri(3rd season) <3, sig is Miu Kujou of Kurogane no linebarrel.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-01-13, 00:38   Link #3865
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Miu Kujou of Kurogane no linebarrel.
So you opted for the dumb blond over Emi? *Gasp*

Fine, at least Miu was better in the anime than my impression of her in the manga.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-01-13, 00:41   Link #3866
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Saa naa .. I didnt even watch it .. I just find the dakimakura to my taste XD
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-01-13, 01:24   Link #3867
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Nothing? You say? ...

Good thing I chose to stay here!

- Tak
It was the bloodiest battle I've ever seen on Suki.

Though I can imagine the days of KGNE were not light on blood either.

Your eyes have been spared much death.
Old 2009-01-13, 01:42   Link #3868
Tak

Quote:
Though I can imagine the days of KGNE were not light on blood either.
Spoiler for very heavy KGNE spoilers:

Last edited by Skyfall; 2009-01-13 at 03:55.
Old 2009-01-13, 04:03   Link #3869
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

It would be nice if people at least exercised the courtesy of spoiler tags when indulging in completely off topic discussions about other series. While it would do nothing about the rather sad state of this thread, at least it would keep unsuspecting people from getting themselves spoiled about completely unrelated shows. I would also advise against posting comments that serve no other purpose than to rile up the other fanbase. I feel sorely tempted to simply lock this thread and launch it in to the sun.
Old 2009-01-13, 04:09   Link #3870
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
It would be nice if people at least exercised the courtesy of spoiler tags when indulging in completely off topic discussions about other series. While it would do nothing about the rather sad state of this thread, at least it would keep unsuspecting people from getting themselves spoiled about completely unrelated shows. I would also advise against posting comments that serve no other purpose than to rile up the other fanbase. I feel sorely tempted to simply lock this thread and launch it in to the sun.
Uh, that´d be a bit petty, considering that it is one of the main threads of the Macross Frontier forums. I´d think you as a moderator should be above such destructive impulses, right?
Old 2009-01-13, 04:19   Link #3871
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

If the backbone of said 'main thread' seems more suited to a random chatroom, then i believe we have a serious issue at hand. This thread doesn't seem to have anything worth calling a discussion any longer; instead it is filled with random noise. We are a discussion forum, not a chatroom, and there is a difference. We do not allow topics that lack purpose here on AnimeSuki, and this one seems to have just about exhausted its usefulness. This has nothing to do with destructive impulses and everything to do with what we consider acceptable as a matter of policy. If one wishes to talk about random things he is invited to go join an IRC channel or something, not clutter up the forum with such.
Old 2009-01-13, 04:36   Link #3872
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
If the backbone of said 'main thread' seems more suited to a random chatroom, then i believe we have a serious issue at hand. This thread doesn't seem to have anything worth calling a discussion any longer; instead it is filled with random noise. We are a discussion forum, not a chatroom, and there is a difference. We do not allow topics that lack purpose here on AnimeSuki, and this one seems to have just about exhausted its usefulness. This has nothing to do with destructive impulses and everything to do with what we consider acceptable as a matter of policy. If one wishes to talk about random things he is invited to go join an IRC channel or something, not clutter up the forum with such.
If you look at the post count, this *is* the main thread on the Macross forum, and as soon as the movie nears, will be again, since romance is such an important topic in all Macross series.

Yes, after the series has ended the threads can get a bit more diffuse, because we lack new material. And we don´t have a romance discussion every day, because without said new material, we´d only be repeating old discussions again.

But if you threaten to close threads, because of a little amount of off-topic chatter ( which, grantedly, the stuff above was ) in *different threads* than this one, you are taking some steps which, IMO, threaten the cohesion of the community here. There´s a mix of very good people on this forum at the moment, who are together only here. Stifling discussion, even if it is a bit OT for lack of new topics, seems to be a misstep, because if you got a strong community, IMO you should try to strive to keep it together, not scatter it.

And, honestly, where was this strong moderation when Code Geass was still going? Now, that community is a hive of scum and villainy if I ever saw one...
Old 2009-01-13, 05:28   Link #3873
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
And, honestly, where was this strong moderation when Code Geass was still going? Now, that community is a hive of scum and villainy if I ever saw one...
Quite the coincidence you mention Geass, because i was just considering taking the same steps that were applied there - locking the old romance thread and creating a new one, with stricter policy. I am sorry, but 'we have no new material to talk about' is no excuse for 'spam'. As we state in the forum rules, one is not required to respond to every single post in the forum just for the sake of posting. If you find yourself empty handed on a certain topic, then perhaps it is a good idea to move on to something else for the time being. Off topic never was, and never will be condoned, especially considering the experience we have had, combined with the excessive headache we have experienced regarding romance with certain shows in the past, and Macross has worked its way on that list as well.

Thread locked; a new romance thread will be created shortly.

Tags
romance